Orion 7's on Staten Island?

B41

As I was coming home from work, I rode the S93 from brooklyn and just as the b/o got onto Staten Island, I saw 4 Orion 7 hybrids going across the verrazano bridge. I was surprised. :eek:

As I was coming home from work, I rode the S93 from brooklyn and just as the b/o got onto Staten Island, I saw 4 Orion 7 hybrids going across the verrazano bridge. I was surprised. :eek:

I heard that they are transferring some buses from LaGuardia Depot. Maybe those buses were from LaGuardia or they might be training.

i saw two orion vii hybrids too yesterday. i was at SI MAll and on the return trip on the S79 i saw a Orion VII on S44. the orion vii soon got into the Yukon Depot. plus now there are more and more RTS on s79.

These were the 6400 series buses that went to SI before the NG demo came to the city.

They made a visit to SI between October 2007 and December 2007 and by January were back in service in Manhattan.

i saw two orion vii hybrids too yesterday. i was at SI MAll and on the return trip on the S79 i saw a Orion VII on S44. the orion vii soon got into the Yukon Depot. plus now there are more and more RTS on s79.

Arre you sure about that one? The S44 is my home route and I didn't see (or hear) a single Orion VII. Only reason I ask is because of people reporting to have seen 3801 and 3805 that both weren't in existence.

Were this O7s crossing the VZ Bridge to SI or going back towards Brooklyn?

They made a visit to SI between October 2007 and December 2007 and by January were back in service in Manhattan.

Arre you sure about that one? The S44 is my home route and I didn't see (or hear) a single Orion VII. Only reason I ask is because of people reporting to have seen 3801 and 3805 that both weren't in existence.

Were this O7s crossing the VZ Bridge to SI or going back towards Brooklyn?

I said that I saw at SI MAll, i didn't know if it was in serivce but it had S44 destination signs and Yukon decals. don't talk back to me, don't you dare.

QUOTE]

I'm talking about when they did o7 testing in the end of May, just before the 3rd production bus rolled off the line.

They did a bunch of O7 Testings on SI! 6421 and 6424 were only on SI between October and December and were the only O7s ever put in service on Staten Island. In May, it was said that 6800 series buses were used but they were strictly for testing and not regula service. There was also the testing they did when the two O7s smacked into each other at CAS early last year and another testing a year before.

I said that I saw at SI MAll, i didn't know if it was in serivce but it had S44 destination signs and Yukon decals. don't talk back to me, don't you dare.

I know that you saw it at the SI Mall, but I'm choosing not to believe it until it's confirmed or if I run into this Yukon O7.

They did a bunch of O7 Testings on SI! 6421 and 6424 were only on SI between October and December and were the only O7s ever put in service on Staten Island. In May, it was said that 6800 series buses were used but they were strictly for testing and not regula service. There was also the testing they did when the two O7s smacked into each other at CAS early last year and another testing a year before.

I know that you saw it at the SI Mall, but I'm choosing not to believe it until it's confirmed or if I run into this Yukon O7.

Wait I thought 6492 was down @ Staten Island too, but I think that was earlier. From what was said, the bus suffered damage in the rear

The O7's were heading back to brooklyn and they were going pretty fast.

They must have took the governors off those buses if they were going fast. Also they could have been going to NJ to get engine werrenty work, or coming back from NJ.

Heres an pic of an NF bus getting werrenty work in NJ.. http://www.ttmg.org/photos/tlogan/NYCB_NFI_940.jpg

The VIIs go out there also for work. Its possable that they were going to jersey due to the fact that you said that the buses were going fast. And the MTA has to take the governers off the buses due to the high speeds of the highways....

Archived