New Flyer C40LF or Orion VII CNG?

Orion

C40LF or VII CNG?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. C40LF or VII CNG?

• New Flyer C40LF
    • Orion VII CNG

Well thats funny because at the rodeo ive met serval drivers that didn't like those buses. They called them "tissue boxes" and those buses break down the most. Not to mention all the wasted space and and can't go fast up hill. And the low top speed of only 40 mph.

The HEV's go higher than 40, and most drivers who don't really care for them, like my brother would rather drive the RTS because they handle better. And of course the RTS will always be my favorite as well.

Well thats funny because at the rodeo ive met serval drivers that didn't like those buses. They called them "tissue boxes" and those buses break down the most. Not to mention all the wasted space and and can't go fast up hill. And the low top speed of only 40 mph.

oh yeah they overheat the engine and are slow most of the times. it is also dangerous to operate during thunderstorms because the C40LF drifts around the corners.

The B400R one sucks uphills but the ZF one is mad fast on those hills. Only the CNGs top speed is 40MPH (speed limiter easily bypassed), but those Hybrids can do over 60MPH, I've been on many that went faster than that still picking up speed. It scared me like no other bus did... :eek:

The B400R one sucks uphills but the ZF one is mad fast on those hills. Only the CNGs top speed is 40MPH (speed limiter easily bypassed), but those Hybrids can do over 60MPH, I've been on many that went faster than that still picking up speed. It scared me like no other bus did... :eek:

What route did this hybrid go 60 mph?

What route did this hybrid go 60 mph?
Q10, Q44, B15, and a JFK Port Authority of NY and NJ VII Hybrid (same engine specs as MTA Bus hybrids) did this speed. The bus on the sign said "Service Road". Q113 also did over 55 pretty fast but traffic slowed it down.

1,010 Orion VII's all together. I too agree that they are not trash. But it is so interesting to me that the majority (arguably all) of the people who don't like them are not the people who drive them! Overall they are highly reliable. The only thing I, and most drivers don't like are the undersized tires. Other than that, the good outweighs the bad by a ton. If they are such trash, then the HEV version has no business being the #1 Hybrid in the country and Canada.

The DE40LF is on the come up and will top the 07 HEV Most place i have been that have both NF & Orion the NF win. Take MARTA the C40' take hills like champ with crush loads the 07 Barly make it with just the driver on:confused:

The DE40LF is on the come up and will top the 07 HEV Most place i have been that have both NF & Orion the NF win. Take MARTA the C40' take hills like champ with crush loads the 07 Barly make it with just the driver on:confused:

Oh i almost forgot the NF are 1996 C40LF and the Orion VII CNG are 04:D

Oh i almost forgot the NF are 1996 C40LF and the Orion VII CNG are 04:D
Our 2004 CNG doesn't have problems with hills, 2003 ones did, don't know about the 2002 one though we have. C40LF is slightly slower than the ZF VII CNG (depending if the engine is good or not). From 0-40MPH the ZF VII CNG is faster, and 0-60MPH if the speed governer is broken!

Our 2004 CNG doesn't have problems with hills, 2003 ones did, don't know about the 2002 one though we have. C40LF is slightly slower than the ZF VII CNG (depending if the engine is good or not). From 0-40MPH the ZF VII CNG is faster, and 0-60MPH if the speed governer is broken!

The Hills up here are not like GA hills and the NF run in Brooklyn So u can't really compare they really no hills in BKLYN. the 07's barley get up the E tremont Av hill on the Bx36 on Webster there can't climb hills.:cool:

The Hills up here are not like GA hills and the NF run in Brooklyn So u can't really compare they really no hills in BKLYN. the 07's barley get up the E tremont Av hill on the Bx36 on Webster there can't climb hills.:cool:
Uhh I compared this in the Bronx...There are no ZF transmissions for the VII in the BK. C40LFs roam around here constantly, when I was in the C40LF #912 (which was a Not In Service bus driver that I knew in person), he was flooring it up Harding Avenue, and the VII CNG #7751 right next to it was accelerating faster, even though it started moving a little later (this one was on the Bx8 but driver was sending it back to the depot, also knew this driver pretty well). The C40 was getting floored, but the VII still was moving just a little faster. :P

Also same situation with #911 C40LF and #7696 VII (which was heading towards the Bx8 @ Throgs Neck), I was in 911 and it was being floored, and 7696 passed us on the left (Tremont Avenue, heading south of Bruckner Boulevard, the hill that's there). They was next to each other at a light and they started around the same time, VII outran us. :eek:

1,010 Orion VII's all together. I too agree that they are not trash. But it is so interesting to me that the majority (arguably all) of the people who don't like them are not the people who drive them!

Uh-hum!!!! Orion VII CNG = Trash on wheels.... New Flyer C40LF rules in this one, as Orion found out......

As for the hybrids, since it is the same bus with a different propulsion, I still wouldn't compare the two Orion VII with each other, especially since the CNGs are 2000lbs heavier than their cousins...... Hybrid is a different animal. I drove the GNC OBI and NF, but have yet to drive a hybrid of any type.

Archived