No Sunday Brooklyn Express Bus Service

MattTrain

All I know is that Brooklyn is the only borough that doesn't have any Express buses running on Sunday (with the subways serving as alternates to the X27 and X28)

The BMs 1-5 do run on Saturdays, How are the ridership levels there? Personally I don't see too many people riding those lines too frequently on Saturday.I do remember the X27 and X28 running both Saturday and Sunday before the service cuts almost two years ago. Is it really worth it restoring weekend service on the X27 and X28, as well as making the BMs 1-5 run on Sundays too?

All I know is that Brooklyn is the only borough that doesn't have any Express buses running on Sunday (with the subways serving as alternates to the X27 and X28)

The BMs 1-5 do run on Saturdays, How are the ridership levels there? Personally I don't see too many people riding those lines too frequently on Saturday.I do remember the X27 and X28 running both Saturday and Sunday before the service cuts almost two years ago. Is it really worth it restoring weekend service on the X27 and X28, as well as making the BMs 1-5 run on Sundays too?

HERE COMES THE EXPERT! Kinda... :)

I use the BM2 often on Sat. since my dad lives in Canarsie. Ridership isn't that high. Sometimes drivers even skip Downtown Manhattan because there is nobody getting off down there. Though this is mostly self-beneficiary, I wouldn't mind express bus service on the BM2 on Sunday. :(

Residents that use the X27 and X28 have been screaming for Saturday and Sunday service to be restored and I have wrote to Senator Golden about having the service restored myself and it is an ongoing petition. We hope that we can get full service restored on both the X27 and X28 in the future. As it is now folks that would normally have service on certain holidays during the week have none because there is no weekend service. The (MTA) in reality never wanted weekend service on the X27 and X28 and planned on pulling it years ago. It was only because the residents went crazy AND monies was given to the (MTA) to keep the service that the service was kept.

As for the BM1 - BM5 lines, service has been dwindling and becoming worse on the weekends, which is one reason I can see for the folks not using it. You also have a different population moving into areas of Sheepshead Bay, etc. and they simply aren't vocal because they don't speak English, so the (MTA) is taking advantage there and slashing service just like they slashed the B4 and no one made a stink. The reason service is so strong in the Bronx is mainly because the riders would go nuts. Riverdale for example would not tolerate the level of cuts that has taken place in Brooklyn. Do know though that Senator Golden is constantly asked about restoration of weekend service to the X27 and the X28 and I will continue to fight to get it restored because the (MTA) from what I can see is sh*tting all over Brooklyn, especially Southern Brooklyn simply because they know they can get away with it. The question is when are folks in other parts of Brooklyn going to get together and fight?? :mad:

It's not just with the express bus, but service has been lousy all around... Local bus service is being axed like crazy and the subway service has been pathetic as well.

At one time there was Sunday express bus service too on the BM1 - BM5 but that was slowly cut, much like the (MTA) has chipped away at Saturday service which is now next to nothing going to Manhattan.

As for the BM1 - BM5 lines, service has been dwindling and becoming worse on the weekends, which is one reason I can see for the folks not using it. You also have a different population moving into areas of Sheepshead Bay, etc. and they simply aren't vocal because they don't speak English, so the (MTA) is taking advantage there and slashing service just like they slashed the B4 and no one made a stink. The reason service is so strong in the Bronx is mainly because the riders would go nuts. Riverdale for example would not tolerate the level of cuts that has taken place in Brooklyn. Do know though that Senator Golden is constantly asked about restoration of weekend service to the X27 and the X28 and I will continue to fight to get it restored because the (MTA) from what I can see is sh*tting all over Brooklyn, especially Southern Brooklyn simply because they know they can get away with it. The question is when are folks in other parts of Brooklyn going to get together and fight?? :mad:

People in Canarsie don't know each other. No one has any plans to make a stink. Plus, since (L) service is not going down, everyone uses it, and the express bus population is dwindling as well. SO, if the (MTA) decides to make a slash, then, even though I'll be pissed, I wouldn't be suprised. Also, thank you for helping the fight here in Brooklyn.

The reason service is so strong in the Bronx is mainly because the riders would go nuts. Riverdale for example would not tolerate the level of cuts that has taken place in Brooklyn.

lolque.jpg

Service on the Bx10 was reduced two years ago and the Bx20 barely operates these days and is a useless waste of diesel that shows up right behind Bx7s and Bx10s half the time and is empty half the time. Service sucks on both lines. To each his own, but all that glitters is not gold. And you are comparing apples to oranges in some ways.

Personally, (please don't take jabs at me) I would like to see weekend service back on the X27 and X28. If you ask me they should run the buses like every hour during Saturdays and Sundays from like 6am to 7pm. The (MTA) did state that the reason why the weekend service on those two routes were cut was because of low ridership.

A few friends told me that some passengers can't use the subway because they can't climb up and down all those steps on the subway entrances to/from the platforms and/or the mezzanines, and with the (D)(N)(R) reroutes that occur sometimes, the X27 and X28 can serve as alternates for some.

That's just my thought.

Brooklyn doesn't need no Sunday express bus service, I have heard when those UP expresses ran on weekends some B/O did a entire round trip where they didn't pick up not ONE rider!

Source?

C/S. In the early days of MTA Bus, SC Depot wasn't even open on Sundays! The 103 didn't run on Sundays and FR operated the B100 on Sundays.

Unless hes thinking about when Command was still around. Even then I think they only ran the 100 on Sundays.

Personally, (please don't take jabs at me) I would like to see weekend service back on the X27 and X28. If you ask me they should run the buses like every hour during Saturdays and Sundays from like 6am to 7pm. The (MTA) did state that the reason why the weekend service on those two routes were cut was because of low ridership.

A few friends told me that some passengers can't use the subway because they can't climb up and down all those steps on the subway entrances to/from the platforms and/or the mezzanines, and with the (D)(N)(R) reroutes that occur sometimes, the X27 and X28 can serve as alternates for some.

That's just my thought.

Matt X27/28 ridership after the manhattan bridge re-opened in 2004 was mixed. On Saturdays it was descent with most trips having 1/2 full bus which is more than the BM1-2-3. On Sundays on other hand, most X27/28 trips has Zero riders. Yet VG8 goes nuts when i suggest only Saturday X27/28 hourly service should return for now say from 7am-9pm. If anything the X17 should get Sunday service first. And this is coming from a guy that used the X28 semi regular between 2001-'04 when the Manhattan Bridge and Stillwell Terminal was being 'rebulit."

Then if Saturday ridership on the X27/28 returns to it's pre 2004 Manhattan Bridge levels, later on then we can discuss Sunday service. Just my takes.

C/S. In the early days of MTA Bus, SC Depot wasn't even open on Sundays! The 103 didn't run on Sundays and FR operated the B100 on Sundays.

Unless hes thinking about when Command was still around. Even then I think they only ran the 100 on Sundays.

I have some bus maps from before the takeover, and they didn't mention any of the BM buses, but based on the way they improved service on all the local bus routes, it makes logical sense that they would do the same with the express routes. The B103 ran from something like 6AM to 7PM, and the B100 had hourly headways on the weekends IIRC.

I also recall somebody saying that the BM4 only had 3 round-trips when the MTA first took them over, so it was impossible for them to have had Sunday service. In fact, when I lived in Brighton Beach, I would pass by a BM3 stop on Emmons Avenue and wonder "Why do they bother to mention that it doesn't have Sunday service? I mean, there are other routes that have weekday only service and they don't make any special note" (I didn't realize that the buses were being run by private companies at the time).

At one time there was Sunday express bus service too on the BM1 - BM5 but that was slowly cut, much like the (MTA) has chipped away at Saturday service which is now next to nothing going to Manhattan.

Since the command bus days there has NEVER been any bus service going to Manhattan on Sundays. Command was closed on Sundays. Only for maintenance on buses. Than when the (MTA) came in, SC opened on sundays.

Yes, service levels on the BM1-5 are totally horrendous, and before you know it they will end up cutting the Saturday service :cry: :tdown:.

Living in Canarsie/Flatbush: There are more options NOW than the good ole days when the (L) train wasn't even a thought and people had to take the BM2 into Manhattan. Even now the last trip at 4:00pm on Saturdays to the city, there's no pickup heading up, but meanwhile the service levels are kept heading back to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn doesn't need no Sunday express bus service, I have heard when those UP expresses ran on weekends some B/O did a entire round trip where they didn't pick up not ONE rider!

I was under the impression that there was no Sunday service as well, since I also remember the BM3 signage with No Sundays. However, in talking with a BM3 rider, I was led to believe that there was Sunday service at one point. That could be wrong, but it seems possible since this person had been living back in Brooklyn some time ago.

lolque.jpg

Service on the Bx10 was reduced two years ago and the Bx20 barely operates these days and is a useless waste of diesel that shows up right behind Bx7s and Bx10s half the time and is empty half the time. Service sucks on both lines. To each his own, but all that glitters is not gold. And you are comparing apples to oranges in some ways.

LOL... When I said service, I was referring to the express bus, not the local buses. I could care less about any of them. The focus is on express bus service and MetroNorth. Yes, we've lost some express bus service mainly due to the economy, but we have the best express bus service that I can think of. I honestly don't see why in the world anyone would schlepp on the local bus to get to Manhattan via the subway and move to an affluent area like Riverdale. I was waiting on the BxM2 last night to get to the city and some folks were waiting for the BxM1 and saying what a schlepp it is to get to MetroNorth and find parking and such and how it's only worth it if you're going directly to Grand Central, otherwise the express buses are far more convenient. The local buses are even more of a schlepp unless you're doing something within Riverdale, but quite frankly even with the hills, I find my area very walkable. I'm just a few blocks from the Bell tower, so I can walk just about anywhere.

Source?

See above...

Buses (particularly MCI's) don't run on air and drivers don't volunteer to work for nothing. It comes down to money which does not grow on trees. If the ridership is not there the servive should not be there.

That's fine, but let's not sit here and pretend like the express bus is the only service that should be looked at. That's my problem. There are endless threads about let's reduce express bus service. Let's do this and that to the express bus, BUT rarely do I hear anything about reducing other services like the LIRR or MNRR. You don't hear anything about them being expensive to run or trains that are running near empty and believe me not every train is running full, so all I'm saying is what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If folks are going to call for reductions, call for them ACROSS THE BOARD instead of singling out the express bus constantly. If that were happening I would be cool with that, but in this case it looks like folks are trying to make the express bus out as some sort of scape goat and that shouldn't be. Not every area should have rail service and that's where the express bus comes in at.

Folks like checkmate and Amtrak are quick to run to the stats about the cost to operate the express bus, etc., etc., but I have yet to see them run to the stats and show the costs to operate LIRR and MNRR trains. I would like to see these stats because there is no way in hell that you can tell me that it's cheap to have trains running empty on the LIRR when folks pay more for that than the express bus. In case you're wondering why I mention the LIRR and MNRR it's because those two services are commuter services like the express bus is.

LOL... When I said service, I was referring to the express bus, not the local buses. I could care less about any of them.

So the people in Riverdale who use the local buses don't need service? As the pic said: ¿LOL QUÉ?

So the people in Riverdale who use the local buses don't need service? As the pic said: ¿LOL QUÉ?

lol... I didn't say that. I just said that I could care less. I have yet to use the local bus in Riverdale and doubt I'll be using it. Everything I need is within walking distance and whatever I can't get in Riverdale I jump on the express bus and go to the city to get. I just came back from lunch here in Riverdale and there are hoards of folks waiting for the Bx7 along Riverdale Ave. I don't know what that is about, but my express buses run like clock work. The BxM2 was right on time this morning and I'm sure the BxM1 will also be right on time going back to the city. :cool:

If I do need transportation within Riverdale we have nice big Lincolns that I can ride via car service, but that will be a rarity for me. I prefer walking here in Riverdale, esp. since I'm here in the Downtown section.

I hope I did not derail the thread. What I have to say is fairly relevant to the OP. I think/hope.

That's fine, but let's not sit here and pretend like the express bus is the only service that should be looked at. That's my problem. There are endless threads about let's reduce express bus service. Let's do this and that to the express bus, BUT rarely do I hear anything about reducing other services like the LIRR or MNRR.

Because express buses are far less efficient and are less capable of sustaining ridership! This is because they get stuck in too much traffic and because of the *accursed* payment system. This is why I try to avoid local/limited/express buses at all costs. Because I am so tired of being grilled by people who expect you to be perfect and whip out your card/change instantaneously, and if you do not the bus operator does not want to move.

And if the B/O does move, s/he gets distracted and has to drive a little slower while you are putting the change or card in the box. I am not charging B/Os with anything when I say the B/O does not want to move; I have told my friend about this before. It is not the B/O's fault for getting pissed when I do not have the card/change ready or when I knock on the door for him/her to open it after s/he closed it (mind you, I only do this when the signal is red and the B/O does not have to concentrate on the traffic to find a gap in traffic to pull out, and a lot of them STILL get pissed when you do stuff like that!).

It is because the system is set up in such a way that it rides everybody's last nerve (the passengers and the operators alike) and makes people (like me) want to avoid it at all costs. Especially when the buses pick up a lot of people and have lousy service levels at the same time (read: Bx10, Bx20, and the BxM1/2/18 have lousy service in my book to, since they have to sit in traffic on the Deegan and whatnot, and still have to deal with all the variability and ridiculousness that comes with local/limited/express buses, though they do pick up far fewer people than the locals).

Other people that use or once used buses may feel the same way as I do, or may be discouraged from using buses because of the lateness which is often caused by the *accursed* payment system or for other reasons. It is not that difficult to see why people want to be nowhere near buses and say that as long as they are near the train, they are good.

You don't hear anything about them being expensive to run or trains that are running near empty and believe me not every train is running full, so all I'm saying is what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If folks are going to call for reductions, call for them ACROSS THE BOARD instead of singling out the express bus constantly. If that were happening I would be cool with that, but in this case it looks like folks are trying to make the express bus out as some sort of scape goat and that shouldn't be.

Because express buses are far less efficient and are less capable of sustaining ridership! A lot more people use local/limited/SBS buses because they need them to get to a subway, which is almost always more frequent and usually more predictable and reliable than the express bus, because the local/limited/SBS buses are cheaper to ride, making them much more capable of sustaining ridership than express buses.

As far as efficiency goes, it is not even about the fact that you need to pay one bus operator to carry 70 people (express) or 100 people (Artic, local/limited/SBS) while you need to pay a train operator and a conductor to carry 1000 people. There is nothing gravely wrong with that. The problem is that the buses' efficiency is compromised by the traffic and the *accursed* payment system, both of which, along with all the other nonsense, drive passengers away and compromise the sustainability of the ridership of local/limited/express buses. Same goes for SBS buses that deal with too much traffic or whatever.

Not every area should have rail service and that's where the express bus comes in at.

Huh! I have not used an express bus in years and hope to never use one again. Areas that 'should not' have rail service are 80 billion times better off with trolleys/light rail/SBS [to take the people to the subway] than with express buses and there is no way I will believe otherwise.

Folks like checkmate and Amtrak are quick to run to the stats about the cost to operate the express bus, etc., etc., but I have yet to see them run to the stats and show the costs to operate LIRR and MNRR trains. I would like to see these stats because there is no way in hell that you can tell me that it's cheap to have trains running empty on the LIRR when folks pay more for that than the express bus. In case you're wondering why I mention the LIRR and MNRR it's because those two services are commuter services like the express bus is.

Maybe because the trains are so much cheaper to operate than express buses that the operating costs are not even worth mentioning (although I give props to checkmate, amtrak7, or whoever digs up the stats, if they can dig up the stats), are more likely to attract new customers for all the reasons I described above, and are not empty as often as express buses? Maybe because the express buses are much more of a drain on everybody's tax dollars, including yours?

lol... I didn't say that. I just said that I could care less. I have yet to use the local bus in Riverdale and doubt I'll be using it. Everything I need is within walking distance and whatever I can't get in Riverdale I jump on the express bus and go to the city to get. I just came back from lunch here in Riverdale and there are hoards of folks waiting for the Bx7 along Riverdale Ave. I don't know what that is about, but my express buses run like clock work. The BxM2 was right on time this morning and I'm sure the BxM1 will also be right on time going back to the city. :cool:

Huh! I lived there. All that glitters is not gold. This is another reason why a lot of us are so quick to look at cutting express buses, because you have the express buses running around, with a good bit of room most of the time, while the locals have to suffer, when more people use the locals. Many a time I would see express buses come down in bunches with no locals in sight.

A couple of people here and there get on the express buses while the crowd of people waiting for the locals grows and grows and grows and then a local finally shows up after 10 minutes during the AM rush hour and we barely fit. No wonder we want to reduce express bus service so much. Kinda reminds me of the (JFK).

If I do need transportation within Riverdale we have nice big Lincolns that I can ride via car service, but that will be a rarity for me. I prefer walking here in Riverdale, esp. since I'm here in the Downtown section.

But not everybody can afford that crap and some of us actually want to ride in vehicles with safe drivers instead of the livery drivers that act like they are on a mission to crash into everything in sight with maximal speed! Think about people, especially the children, who had/have no choice but to live there and are on a budget! The children are the future!

The problem is that the cheap transportation (and RRs, even though they are expensive, but the catch is that they actually give you bang for the buck since they actually move ass, unlike express buses) is generally needed a lot more than the exclusive and inefficient (where the two adjectives are NOT mutually exclusive) transportation.

There are too many disparities in neighborhoods like Riverdale where local bus service totally sucks and express bus service is redundant. Yes, it is redundant. I observed this while living there for 20 years. People in Riverdale might beg to differ, but those who beg to differ are plainly and simply not looking at the big picture and are being myopic. Not trying to offend them, just making an observation.

Also I should add that *certain* areas, especially and mostly in Staten Island, actually should have express buses rather than SBS/LRT. It varies from situation to situation. But I think most people in most neighborhoods would much rather have a local/limited/SBS (in order from least preferred to most preferred) than an express bus. More expensive to use AND gets stuck in lots of traffic, compromising the security of its existence and ridership? Spare me please.

I hope I did not derail the thread. What I have to say is fairly relevant to the OP. I think/hope.

The problem is that the cheap transportation (and RRs, even though they are expensive, but the catch is that they actually give you bang for the buck since they actually move ass, unlike express buses) is generally needed a lot more than the exclusive and inefficient (where the two adjectives are NOT mutually exclusive) transportation.

There are too many disparities in neighborhoods like Riverdale where local bus service totally sucks and express bus service is redundant. Yes, it is redundant. I observed this while living there for 20 years. People in Riverdale might beg to differ, but those who beg to differ are plainly and simply not looking at the big picture and are being myopic. Not trying to offend them, just making an observation.

Also I should add that *certain* areas, especially and mostly in Staten Island, actually should have express buses rather than SBS/LRT. It varies from situation to situation. But I think most people in most neighborhoods would much rather have a local/limited/SBS (in order from least preferred to most preferred) than an express bus. More expensive to use AND gets stuck in lots of traffic, compromising the security of its existence and ridership? Spare me please.

your wasting time with this guy he will never get it He will deny the facts at all costs. Those ppl would rather use local bus to MNRR at marble hill cause unlike those failures called express bus they don't deal with MAJOR FAILWAY 87!!!! They move something he seems to not understand. The only way you will see me on BXM2 Is if it were rerouted to henry hudson for SPEED southbound via inwood due to clearances northbound to 231st last exit for buses to safely leave without low bridges. The LIRR AND MNRR Unlike express buses HAVE HIGH RIDERSHIP EVEN AT OFF PEAK!!!!! UNLIKE BROOKLYN EXPRESSES. Let's END the nonsense BROOKLYN DOES NOT NEED SUNDAY EXPRESS BUS SERVICE!!!!! NO ONE uses BM on saturday sad but true the only lines that can do sat and not suck are BM5,1&X28 thats it. BM5 Since its cheaper than DH and BM1 DUE to most unique routing. BM2 folk can use B103 and transfer ,Bm3 has the Q train BM4 has B31 to train NUFF SAID!!!! REAL tired of this Brooklyn sunday express service CRAP BK PPL DO NOT USE THEIR BUSES ON WEEKENDS ANYWAY!!!!

stop ridership is not there cut the crap. most buses carry air. ppl DO NOT USE EM UNLIKE LIRR AND MNRR where it gets filled Up to CRUSHED on weekends in DUTCHESS AND SUFFOLK respectively!!!! seriously ppl. Via 8 USE LIRR AND MNRR then compare it to BM4 and your NON SI express routes u love so much it's night and day only a fool says otherwise. Ohh FYI BXM11 &10 &7/8/9 ALL carry very well. even on weekends they carry way more than the sad sight you see on the BM lines the QM ones get what they use NUFF SAID EXPRESS ADDICTS CUT THE CRAP COME BACK TO reality. BROOKLYN DOES NOT = STATEN ISLAND DONE

your wasting time with this guy he will never get it He will deny the facts at all costs. Those ppl would rather use local bus to MNRR at marble hill cause unlike those failures called express bus they don't deal with MAJOR FAILWAY 87!!!! They move something he seems to not understand. The only way you will see me on BXM2 Is if it were rerouted to henry hudson for SPEED southbound via inwood due to clearances northbound to 231st last exit for buses to safely leave without low bridges. The LIRR AND MNRR Unlike express buses HAVE HIGH RIDERSHIP EVEN AT OFF PEAK!!!!! UNLIKE BROOKLYN EXPRESSES. Let's END the nonsense BROOKLYN DOES NOT NEED SUNDAY EXPRESS BUS SERVICE!!!!! NO ONE uses BM on saturday sad but true the only lines that can do sat and not suck are BM5,1&X28 thats it. BM5 Since its cheaper than DH and BM1 DUE to most unique routing. BM2 folk can use B103 and transfer ,Bm3 has the Q train BM4 has B31 to train NUFF SAID!!!! REAL tired of this Brooklyn sunday express service CRAP BK PPL DO NOT USE THEIR BUSES ON WEEKENDS ANYWAY!!!!

stop ridership is not there cut the crap. most buses carry air. ppl DO NOT USE EM UNLIKE LIRR AND MNRR where it gets filled Up to CRUSHED on weekends in DUTCHESS AND SUFFOLK respectively!!!! seriously ppl. Via 8 USE LIRR AND MNRR then compare it to BM4 and your NON SI express routes u love so much it's night and day only a fool says otherwise. Ohh FYI BXM11 &10 &7/8/9 ALL carry very well. even on weekends they carry way more than the sad sight you see on the BM lines the QM ones get what they use NUFF SAID EXPRESS ADDICTS CUT THE CRAP COME BACK TO reality. BROOKLYN DOES NOT = STATEN ISLAND DONE

One of the best posts you ever made on here, I agree!

LIRR and MN is very well used during off peak, same cannot be said for MTA express bus routes, exception of the X1, 10, BXM7, etc.

Actually QJ The Degan/Thruway on non-summer weekends is not a parking lot. It actually moves quicker than say the Gownus/BQE. The issue is during Yankee Games/Concerts from April-October. Plus you can add the X27 that should have Saturday service.

On the BM5 'replacing' the BM2 not a horrible idea to provide most of Canarise faster service to Midtown. However riders in say East Flatbush, Georgetown would scream though. Bravo other than good post.:tup:

PS Please cut down on the Caps QJ. Now of the mods will remind you again.

Enough of this crap about these "nice big Lincolns." You live in an outerborough. As a resident of Manhattan for my entire life I do not see any form of luxury whatsoever with those cheap crappy car services, and I would never use anything besides a licensed yellow medallion cab. You don't need to call to get one of those, absolutely no interaction with the driver except for telling them where you're going, and there can be absolutely no argument over the fare because it says so right on the meter.

I'm not saying that those outerborough car services are bad, I'm just saying that they're not at all as high as you put them out to be.

If I need a ride at any time of day, all I have do is walk downstairs, tell my doorman I need a cab, and sit down inside the building until he gets one for me, which only takes a couple minutes.

And also, just like you look down on people who take the local bus and subway, I'm pretty sure there are people with CARS who look down on folk like you who have to wait outside for a bus that runs only once every half hour on the weekend to go the city, and then have to wait up to another half hour for a return bus. I live in Manhattan and no matter where I'm going, even if it is less than a mile within walking distance, I'll take the car if I'm positive that I can get parking nearby. Oh, and want to go complain about how much the express bus costs? Well parking on the street is $3.00 an hour and you don't see drivers complaining.

---

And I just need to say that I have some boiled up anger from something unrelated, but this post is not meant to be offensive or seem like a personal attack or anything, I'm just contradicting and arguing against what you've been saying and posting recently.

Btw, as a former express bus rider I am completely in support of express buses.

One of the best posts you ever made on here, I agree!

LIRR and MN is very well used during off peak, same cannot be said for MTA express bus routes, exception of the X1, 10, BXM7, etc.

I was referring to Brooklyn expresses only. Otherwise @shortline those ppl in east flatbush and BM2 areas could care less about BM2 they would simply crowd B103 then transfer to BM1

And also, just like you look down on people who take the local bus and subway, I'm pretty sure there are people with CARS who look down on folk like you who have to wait outside for a bus that runs only once every half hour on the weekend to go the city, and then have to wait up to another half hour for a return bus.

Exactly why I never co-sign that part of his commentary....

The snob mentality exists with people that take those Lincoln's as well.... They could give a damn if it's the subway, a local bus, or an express bus - It's all stroked with the same brush that falls under the category of PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION..... They could give two shits about me, the public transportation user....

....and believe me, the feeling is mutual.

I was referring to Brooklyn expresses only.

Otherwise @shortline those ppl in east flatbush and BM2 areas could care less about BM2 they would simply crowd B103 then transfer to BM1

foul tip... strike one....

Residents in my area could give a damn about an express bus.... hell, I'd even go as far as to say they don't even know it exists.... Here it's about the B35, B41, B46, and the dollar cab/van services to (whatever) subway.... You may have a certain # of folks on the B41 that may ride it out all the way downtown.....

If it's anyone in this neighborhood that's makin their way to the 103, it's those that live closer to, and take the B46 to Av. H & catch the 103 there.... It isn't that we would simply "crowd" that route, b/c really, it's a hassle to get to.... Yeah the BM2 is the closest express route here, but that doesn't mean ppl. in this area would rather take the 103 over the BM2.... Let us stick to the aforementioned routes in the 1st paragraph, thank you very much....

All you had to say was, they could care less about the express & would simply crowd the locals....

Enough of this crap about these "nice big Lincolns." You live in an outerborough. As a resident of Manhattan for my entire life I do not see any form of luxury whatsoever with those cheap crappy car services, and I would never use anything besides a licensed yellow medallion cab. You don't need to call to get one of those, absolutely no interaction with the driver except for telling them where you're going, and there can be absolutely no argument over the fare because it says so right on the meter.

I'm not saying that those outerborough car services are bad, I'm just saying that they're not at all as high as you put them out to be.

If I need a ride at any time of day, all I have do is walk downstairs, tell my doorman I need a cab, and sit down inside the building until he gets one for me, which only takes a couple minutes.

And also, just like you look down on people who take the local bus and subway, I'm pretty sure there are people with CARS who look down on folk like you who have to wait outside for a bus that runs only once every half hour on the weekend to go the city, and then have to wait up to another half hour for a return bus. I live in Manhattan and no matter where I'm going, even if it is less than a mile within walking distance, I'll take the car if I'm positive that I can get parking nearby. Oh, and want to go complain about how much the express bus costs? Well parking on the street is $3.00 an hour and you don't see drivers complaining.

---

And I just need to say that I have some boiled up anger from something unrelated, but this post is not meant to be offensive or seem like a personal attack or anything, I'm just contradicting and arguing against what you've been saying and posting recently.

Btw, as a former express bus rider I am completely in support of express buses.

By far the best post in this thread. :tup:

foul tip... strike one....

Residents in my area could give a damn about an express bus.... hell, I'd even go as far as to say they don't even know it exists.... Here it's about the B35, B41, B46, and the dollar cab/van services to (whatever) subway.... You may have a certain # of folks on the B41 that may ride it out all the way downtown.....

If it's anyone in this neighborhood that's makin their way to the 103, it's those that live closer to, and take the B46 to Av. H & catch the 103 there.... It isn't that we would simply "crowd" that route, b/c really, it's a hassle to get to.... Yeah the BM2 is the closest express route here, but that doesn't mean ppl. in this area would rather take the 103 over the BM2.... Let us stick to the aforementioned routes in the 1st paragraph, thank you very much....

All you had to say was, they could care less about the express & would simply crowd the locals....

This might not match the terminology, but folks kinda feel the same way with the BM5 here mostly because more folks tend to hop on the QMs over that. Lately, I've been taking the BM5 down to Rockaway Blvd to connect with the Q41 and to see such a small amount of folks departing at that stop compared to the QMs, its definitely significant.

In the AM, its almost the same. I seen folks bypass BM5s to get on the QMs, its rather strange to me.

Archived