No CNG Buses allowed at Grand Ave Depot (?)

Acela Express

The thread title is a sign posted inside the Grand Avenue Depot, as I saw on Monday night.

I was under the impression this depot was able to handle every model bus currently in the fleet, as proclaimed here: Bus depots of the New York City Transit Authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No?

Was it upstairs or downstairs?? Was it an official looking sign (metal and posted on the rafters or right by the door)?? Or did it look cheap and recently made (printed paper or cardboard and hung with tape)?

Was it upstairs or downstairs?? Was it an official looking sign (metal and posted on the rafters or right by the door)?? Or did it look cheap and recently made (printed paper or cardboard and hung with tape)?

It's an official one...I noticed that sign when i went over there when it first opened

Maybe It's because they don't have the ability to fuel CNG buses on the regular...idk. but for what ever reason CNG buses are not allowed in the facility, there shouldn't be a need for a sign posted saying so. I can't imagine a situation where a CNG bus would end up there by mistake. Maybe the sign was posted as a joke.

LOL!!! There's probably a sign at the Jackie Gleason and West Farms Depots saying: "NO HYBRID BUSES ALLOWED AT THIS DEPOT!" B)

West Farms can hold them wince they got a cornucopia of regular diesel buses, but Gleason can't. They only have enough diesel juice for the road trucks, the HAI buses and the MetroCard bus

West Farms can hold them wince they got a cornucopia of regular diesel buses, but Gleason can't. They only have enough diesel juice for the road trucks, the HAI buses and the MetroCard bus

So, West Farms CAN house hybrids, but Jackie Gleason CAN'T, right?

Archived