Red and Tan #10 no more

NoHuBus

From the Jersey Journal Mayor Smith aims to prevent bus company from ceasing service to JFK Blvd. | NJ.com

After April 8th the 10 line will be no more and this may affect commuters along JFK going to schools like NJCU (current school i go to) St Peters or Just going up to Journal Square. Any thoughts of what could replace red and tans or if AC Montgomery or even Broadway could take over, even crazy scenario NJ Transit's 119 could be full service. Yea this is going to be messy

119 will have to be 24/7. With that, I will bet that Academy will have part of the run with Greenville. Or, Greenville will have the local 10 route while Academy continues with the 119, but add expanded service for the weekends. I remember maybe 30-40 people waiting for the late night 10/99S at PABT. This is going to get ugly.

119 will have to be 24/7. With that, I will bet that Academy will have part of the run with Greenville. Or, Greenville will have the local 10 route while Academy continues with the 119, but add expanded service for the weekends. I remember maybe 30-40 people waiting for the late night 10/99S at PABT. This is going to get ugly.

Your right on that maybe this time Central Ave can get more exposure on 119 if it is 24/7 or close to it, but you know whats sad the only two private hudson county lines are left and i know both are strong companies so i guess its time to morn the loss of the once mighty Red and Tan in Hudson (?-2012) If anyone gives the year when they started i can edit it but basically they are gone.

knowing new jersey transit is probably gonna take it over anyway there is no way they are going to let It happen. It is a heavy carrying line that can probably turn a profit no way it will disappear just like that it's not gonna happen.

It is one of the vital line from Bayonne to Jersey City for the JFK side if that's cut then where they are going to find service in that corridor. BTW last night i hopped on the line (for a play I attend at NJCU) and it was packed along with the notice of shut down although its just taped on paper. I really feel bad for drivers that do that line so i try to get some rides in before April 8th.

Great. First the 4 and 99S, and now the 10. Red & Tan Hudson County is completely dead now. :mad:

Yup not to mention the 3,,4(taken over)16, the regular 99,and 231. As a middle schooler i went to Garfield ave near the family health care center for child study team via the 3 and it was cool with its signature brown number and i liked to collect their colorful schedule. The drawback though wait for it was forever but it did not matter to me i enjoyed the flex bus and fares were 1.10 i think in 2006.

You know what's funny? NJT and M & W work together on West Side Avenue - and have for decades.

Yes they do i would not pretty surprised down the road to integrate both garages in Danforth Ave (AC) and Greenville Garage together if its possible, but for now its more of working relationship between both lines and i like it when the 80 and red lines go zooming along West Side Ave and i can take whatever to JSQ.

Actually funny thing is if they get rid of the 10 it wont stop the Immi and Immi express since they mimick the 10 and 99s so service will still run but i live around the corner from tthe duncan ave bus stop but of they get rid of the 10 that has to be the most stupidest move red and tan is doing i hope NJT or Academy steps in and take over lol

Actually funny thing is if they get rid of the 10 it wont stop the Immi and Immi express since they mimick the 10 and 99s so service will still run but i live around the corner from tthe duncan ave bus stop but of they get rid of the 10 that has to be the most stupidest move red and tan is doing i hope NJT or Academy steps in and take over lol

As the saying goes NJT and Academy your on the clock and soon April 8th comes by fast like my fall semester.

Yup NJCU freshman very easy access light rail in morning and after classes the same unless i like to connect to JSQ then 84

Well damn my Ex goes there i was there for a college program and NJCU is awesome the cloest college is St. Peters for me all i got to do is walk 3 blocks lol

I believe Academy is taking over #10 route.

There was a job ad in Sunday Record which stated:

ACADEMY BUS, national leader in motor coach transportation seeks full time Drivers for a localized route in Hudson County, NJ.

Localized routes, no overnight trips

APPLY IN PERSON AT OUR OPEN HOUSE

Tuesday March 13, Noon - 6 PM

La Quint Inn And Suites

265 Route 3 East

Clifton, NJ 07014

Ph: 973-778-6500

I believe Academy is taking over #10 route.

There was a job ad in Sunday Record which stated:

ACADEMY BUS, national leader in motor coach transportation seeks full time Drivers for a localized route in Hudson County, NJ.

Localized routes, no overnight trips

APPLY IN PERSON AT OUR OPEN HOUSE

Tuesday March 13, Noon - 6 PM

La Quint Inn And Suites

265 Route 3 East

Clifton, NJ 07014

Ph: 973-778-6500

Academy is feeling bullish,i guess one's misery is another person's opportunity,in this job market that is a gold mine hmmm seeing no overnight trips I'm guessing its 6am-10pm on the 10 unless otherwise,good work spotting this.

Ok, so if Academy takes over the 10, question:

Does NJT Take over it and give it to Academy and call it a new route # or will they call it the NJT 10 (since there isn't a NJT version of the 10)?

What will R&T do with the NABI's that they currently have? Give them to Academy/NJT?

What about the drivers that are currently doing the 10? Shouldn't they get a opportunity to go to Academy unless Coach has other work so they don't have to fire any of their employees?

Ok, so if Academy takes over the 10, question:

Does NJT Take over it and give it to Academy and call it a new route # or will they call it the NJT 10 (since there isn't a NJT version of the 10)?

What will R&T do with the NABI's that they currently have? Give them to Academy/NJT?

What about the drivers that are currently doing the 10? Shouldn't they get a opportunity to go to Academy unless Coach has other work so they don't have to fire any of their employees?

1. Well since there is no 10 on their route list they would do number it like that like the 6 (former 99 and a little bit of the 3). Have their own number and call it 19 like 119 but just for JFK service to JSQ.

2. Most likely the nabi may go to hoboken depot,they still have some novas to use it so it may not be hassle.

3.this is a wild card but that job listing sounds like they may hire new drivers but who knows if they will transfer the guys doing the 10 or take em somewhere else.

phew this is a conundrum

Its back just to go a little off topic is everyone ok? That hacking was weird but anways its back so hopefully we get back to normal becuase we got bigger fish to fry than "nazi bankers" which involves the transportation mess in JFK service

Archived