Should the N72 be a limited along Hempstead Turnpike

Not the first time I've heard someone suggest that...

this is just my take, but the 72 is actually (slightly) the more reliable of the 3 lines... to subject hempstead tpke to the 70/71 (if someone's boarding at a "local" stop) would be detrimental..... I would just leave those riders with an equal shot at the 70/71/72, no matter where they're boarding along hempstead tpke....

I was thinking If the N72 should be a limited stop service along Hempstead Turnpike From Hempstead to RT-109. The N70/N71 could easily replace N72 Local Service.

It depends on the spacing between the stops. Right now, assuming no interlining with N19, the bus has a 14 minute layover in Bablyon before returning. Limited service would cut the running time between Hempstead and Bablyon. If the 30 minute headway is maintained, the layover would increase so it's not important to get the bus to Bablyon in a hurry.

I don't know if the Hempstead Turnpike line interlines with another route in Hempstead.

It depends on the spacing between the stops. Right now, assuming no interlining with N19, the bus has a 14 minute layover in Bablyon before returning. Limited service would cut the running time between Hempstead and Bablyon. If the 30 minute headway is maintained, the layover would increase so it's not important to get the bus to Bablyon in a hurry.

I don't know if the Hempstead Turnpike line interlines with another route in Hempstead.

the space in between stops is it not close enough to even warrant a limited stop bus

Not the first time I've heard someone suggest that...

this is just my take, but the 72 is actually (slightly) the more reliable of the 3 lines... to subject hempstead tpke to the 70/71 (if someone's boarding at a "local" stop) would be detrimental..... I would just leave those riders with an equal shot at the 70/71/72, no matter where they're boarding along hempstead tpke....

Right now, the headway is 15 minutes. Each hour there is one 70, one 71 and two 72s. Under the service adjustment, the headway increases to 20 minutes and one of the 72s is eliminated from the schedule. It would be difficult to catch an even more limited 72 limited.

Limited won't help. The problem with Hempstead Tpk east of HTC is that each traffic light is REALLY long so bunching comes really fast.

I almost fell asleep on the bus when I took a full N71 ride to HTC because we were hitting SO many lights.

I almost fell asleep on the bus when I took a full N71 ride to HTC because we were hitting SO many lights.

I know how you feel.

Slightly off-topic, I almost fell asleep on 2-hour ride on Bee-Line #15, and I fell asleep on RTS on B15 JFK Airport from beginning because of too many bus stops and lots of crowd going off/on.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived