Enough With The Damn Puns! 1732 & More...

Cait Sith

Via White Plains Road & Seveneleven was with me on thursday. We didn't look for them buses...they came to us!

Lets get down to business shall we?

DSC08035.jpg

DSC08034.jpg

DSC08033.jpg

DSC08041.jpg

DSC08049.jpg

DSC08051.jpg

DSC08053.jpg

DSC08058.jpg

Others. It was a short day. I've noticed some of the programs changed.

DSC08017.jpg

DSC08021.jpg

DSC08025.jpg

DSC08029.jpg

DSC08031.jpg

DSC08032.jpg

New signs on 1697, possibly Twinvisions? Or the previous signs before reprogramming?

DSC08037.jpg

DSC08038.jpg

DSC08039.jpg

DSC08044.jpg

DSC08047.jpg

DSC08048.jpg

DSC08018.jpg

DSC08020.jpg

DSC08026.jpg

Wow, very NICE photos. 1697 definitely has a different sign and I like how "NICE BUS" is in bold font, not like the way "LI BUS" was on destination signs. And on that N24, it says Mitchel Field "CHAS". Whats "CHAS"?

Wow, very NICE photos. 1697 definitely has a different sign and I like how "NICE BUS" is in bold font, not like the way "LI BUS" was on destination signs. And on that N24, it says Mitchel Field "CHAS". Whats "CHAS"?

Short for Charles (they screwed up on that one). Charles Lindbergh Blvd.

Was that the (MTA)'s fault?

Nope, this program was made after the takeover. A fault made by N.I.C.E/Veolia.

theres signs on Meadowbrook Parkway that say Chas Lindberg Blvd as well

Ah, that explains that!

Not bad. But I wonder if NICE should drop the N designation and just use route numbers (i.e., 1, 2, 6, 6X, 15, etc.)

People in the area are too used to the prefixes. Also, being that it goes into other counties with bus prefixes, the "N" helps distinguish buses visually and when verbally communicating.

People in the area are too used to the prefixes. Also, being that it goes into other counties with bus prefixes, the "N" helps distinguish buses visually and when verbally communicating.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but other than the BxM4C I've not seen a single Bee-Line bus that uses a prefix on the sign. Of course, because Transit uses them, they can be distinguished pretty easily, paint scheme aside...

You do have a valid point though, in that there's no point changing since people are used to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived