Single Ride Ticket Questions!

Broadway Local

Here are three of my questions about the single-ride metrocard!

Transfer

I know that you cannot transfer subway to bus, but can you transfer bus to bus?

Farebox

When my friend and I took the B64 to Dyker, he used a single-ride ticket, put it in the farebox, and it actually came back up. Today, I took the B64 and my single-ride ticket did not come back up, stayed in the farebox. Why is that?

The Price

I've heard that the price of the single-ride ticket is now $2.50! Did it used to be $2.25, and why the (MTA) increased the price by 25 cents?

This is all in my mind!

Transfer

As long as you ask the driver for a transfer.

Farebox

When my friend and I took the B64 to Dyker, he used a single-ride ticket, put it in the farebox, and it actually came back up. Today, I took the B64 and my single-ride ticket did not come back up, stayed in the farebox. Why is that?

Did he use it before he got on the 64? It usually only pops back

up if it was used already.

The Price

I've heard that the price of the single-ride ticket is now $2.50! Did it used to be $2.25, and why the (MTA) increased the price by 25 cents?

I've heard something about it being 2.50 since they rised the fare. Did you friend pay 2.50 or was it 2.25?

This is all in my mind!

answered above in red

OK.

Transfer

Yes, but you must ask for a 2-hour transfer card.

Farebox

As contor said, he probably used it already and you guys didn't realize.

The Price

Actually, when the fare went up from $2.00 to $2.25, the single-ride ticket went from $2.00 to $2.50.

Hope that answers your questions!

Actually, when the fare went up from $2.00 to $2.25, the single-ride ticket went from $2.00 to $2.50.

No. In the December 2010 fare hike they raised the single ride to $2.50 to discourage use of this "token-like instrument", anticipating the $1 MetroCard "green fee". Now that fee is postponed until next year due to technical issues, it's just an infrequent rider surcharge.

Somewhat like how on London Underground, paper ticket fares are more than double the corresponding Oyster Card one way fare.

When transferring on buses, you must ask for a transfer. SingleRides don't offer subway to bus transfers nor do they let you use the "out of system" subway transfers, permanent or temporary.

Here are my replies, and this goes for you too ThrexxBus!

Transfer:

As long as you ask the driver for a transfer.

I DID, but the driver is being dumb saying that I can't have transfer! So I took the bus ride to 11th Av to Fort Hamilton Pkwy, and then walked all the way to 18th Av, with no pictures in my camera!

At least five of my friends said that it doesn't make ANY sense at all. I was supposed to get a transfer from a single-ride ticket if I need it!

This is why I don't trust the B64 bus operators. I mean, it's my favorite route, but I can't stand riding it! This first question is my biggest problem here!

Farebox

Did he use it before he got on the 64? It usually only pops back

up if it was used already.

No

The Price

I've heard something about it being 2.50 since they rised the fare. Did you friend pay 2.50 or was it 2.25?

It was in 2011 and the fare was $2.50! I can't remember the time when it was $2.25!

I DID, but the driver is being dumb saying that I can't have transfer! So I took the bus ride to 11th Av to Fort Hamilton Pkwy, and then walked all the way to 18th Av, with no pictures in my camera!

At least five of my friends said that it doesn't make ANY sense at all. I was supposed to get a transfer from a single-ride ticket if I need it!

This is why I don't trust the B64 bus operators. I mean, it's my favorite route, but I can't stand riding it! This first question is my biggest problem here! QUOTE]

If you have a "single ride ticket" read what is written on it.

I think (haven't read/seen one in a while) it has on it that it's

just good for one ride and not a ride and a transfer.

And if that's the case, then the driver was doing his job correctly.

You never know who was/is on the bus, and he could be just

covering his rear end. I know the B64 gets a lot of TA people on it often.

As for me, I usually give a them a transfer and tell (try to explain) to them

that a "single" ride is just that. One ride and that the next time

they should get a metro card and will have the transfer on the card already.

Also the single ride ha a 2hour limit to be used in. if you use after it will pop back up and on the drivers screen it will say expired transfer or something like that.

Thats also possible! The TA has time limits, pretty

much on everything.

Tourists gets confuse with surcharge and base fare.

I think it b/c of budget.

25 cent surcharge apply to $2.25 Single Ride Ticket.

Base fare for subway/SIR/Bus/NICE/Bee-Line are $2.25 base fare.

Tourists and new riders sometimes ask, "Is bus is $2.50?" and most B/Os replied "$2.25".

The only way your single ride pass is popping back up is if it was already used on the subway. The message to the operator comes up, "USED TRANSFER" with an error/insufficient beep too. You guys probably didn't realize it, but that's the case.

It happened twice on my B46 run today, but I let them pass through.

This is why I don't trust the B64 bus operators. I mean, it's my favorite route, but I can't stand riding it! This first question is my biggest problem here! QUOTE]

If you have a "single ride ticket" read what is written on it.

I think (haven't read/seen one in a while) it has on it that it's

just good for one ride and not a ride and a transfer.

And if that's the case, then the driver was doing his job correctly.

You never know who was/is on the bus, and he could be just

covering his rear end. I know the B64 gets a lot of TA people on it often.

As for me, I usually give a them a transfer and tell (try to explain) to them

that a "single" ride is just that. One ride and that the next time

they should get a metro card and will have the transfer on the card already.

Using a Single RIde TIcket (or a Block ticket for that matter) on a bus DOES entitle you to a bus transfer. It does NOT entitle you to a subway to bus transfer.

Little off-topic, when I was venture into CT museum with my friend via Bee-Line #41 and to CT Transit I-Bus, I paid my fare on Bee-Line bus with MetroCard and ask for transfer to CT Transit I-Bus and female driver almost refuge to give us, so I had to show her I-Bus schedule, then she gave me bus transfer.

Archived