Attention NICE Riders- 2 Meetings hosted by Long Island Bus Rider's Union

Long Island Bus Rider's Union will host two meetings regardding NICE Bus.

ATTENTION BUS RIDERS

FIGHT BACK! JOIN THE LONG ISLAND BUS RIDERS’ UNION

Next meeting is Wednesday, March 15th at 6pm,

91 N. Franklin Avenue, Room 209 Hempstead, NY

Walking distance from Hempstead Bus Terminal: Walk towards Main Street from the Transit Center. Make a left onto North Franklin. 91 North Franklin

N6, N6L, N15, N16, N31/N32, N35, N40/N41, N46/N47, N48/N49, N54/N55, N70/N71/N72 or take LIRR to Hempstead Station.

On April 8th, 2012, NICE Bus will implement service changes.

· Some routes, like the N16, N45, and N73/74 will have weekend and midday service cuts.

· Additional routes will have a decrease in hours of service

How will these cuts impact you?

Come voice your concerns at the Nassau County Legislature* on Monday, March 19th at 12:30pm.

* the legislative building is at 1550 Franklin Ave in Mineola. Take the LIRR to Mineola, or the N15, N22, N23, N24, N40, N41, N78, or N79.

Kristen Lewis or Amtrak7, if possible, can you make poster similar to MTA Service Notice?

Can anyone help me translate this into Spanish?

Thank you.

Source

Long Island Bus Riders Union: Upcoming Events

Long Island Bus Rider's Union will host two meetings regardding NICE Bus.

ATTENTION BUS RIDERS

Next meeting is Wednesday, March 15th at 6pm,

91 N. Franklin Avenue, Room 209 Hempstead, NY

Walking distance from Hempstead Bus Terminal: Walk towards Main Street from the Transit Center. Make a left onto North Franklin. 91 North Franklin

N6, N6L, N15, N16, N31/N32, N35, N40/N41, N46/N47, N48/N49, N54/N55, N70/N71/N72 or take LIRR to Hempstead Station.

On April 5th, 2012, NICE Bus will implement service changes.

· Some routes, like the N16, N45, and N73/74 will have weekend and midday service cuts.

· Additional routes will have a decrease in hours of service

How will these cuts impact you?

Come voice your concerns at the Nassau County Legislature* on Monday, March 19th at 12:30pm.

* the legislative building is at 1550 Franklin Ave in Mineola. Take the LIRR to Mineola, or the N15, N22, N23, N24, N40, N41, N78, or N79.

Kristen Lewis or Amtrak7, if possible, can you make poster similar to MTA Service Notice?

Can anyone help me translate this into Spanish?

Thank you.

Source

I'm Spanish so I can help you translate in Spanish. Come from the DR and Peru.

I'm Spanish so I can help you translate in Spanish. Come from the DR and Peru.

Two words: Google Translate. B)

I was born in Peru, so I could do it for you if you want (or Q23 Central Terminal could do it for you).

@Checkermate: I don't trust Google b/c they're translation are not very good.

Q23, can you do the 2nd meeting while you could do 1st meeting?

Thank you both.

Without Accent

ATTENCION PASAJEROS DE OMNIBUS

Luchar! Unete a la Union de Pasajeros de Long Island.

La siguiente reunion es Miercoles, Marzo 15 a las 6 de la tarde.

en 91 de la Avenida N. Franklin, cuarto 209 en Hempstead

Es corta distancia del Terminal de Omnibuses an Hempstead: Camina por la calle Main desde el Centro Transito. Has una izquierda en N. Franklin. 91 N. Franklin.

Puedes tomar el n6,n6L,n15,n16,n27,n31/32,n35,n40/41,n46/47,n48/49, n54/55,n70/71/72 o puedes tomar el LIRR a la estacion Hempstead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

El 5 de Abril, el omnibus NICE va a implementar cambios de servicio

* Varias rutas, como el n16,n45, y el n73/74 van a ser cortados durante la horas del mediodia y durante el fin de semana.

* Rutas adicional van a tener un corte en horas de servicio.

Como van estos recortes affectar a usted?

Ven para hablar de tus preocupaciones al la Legislatura del Condado de Nassau el lunes Marzo 19 a la 12:30 de la tarde

El edificio de legislatura es localizado en 1550 de la Avenida Franklin en Mineola.

Puedes tomar el LIRR a Mineola o el n15,n22/22L,n23,n24,n40/41,o el n78/n79.

The Writing is there without accent. I didn't see about the division that I had to do second meeting but here are both.

Right, you're better off using a native speaker to translate than Google Translate. Google is not that accurate. And there are many different forms of Spanish depending on where you come from.

Right, you're better off using a native speaker to translate than Google Translate. Google is not that accurate. And there are many different forms of Spanish depending on where you come from.

I know. I was just joking around.

As far as the different dialects, it doesn't make a huge difference as long as it's translated properly (somebody from Mexico would probably understand Spanish from Spain), especially since we're not using any slang or anything.

Q23 probably speaks better Spanish than me, but I'll try:

ATENCIÓN PASAJEROS DE AUTOBÚS

Lucha y Resiste! JUNTATE CON EL SINDICATO DE PASAJEROS DE "LONG ISLAND BUS"

La próxima reunión es Miércoles, el 15 de marzo a las 6pm,

La dirección es 91 N. Franklin Avenue, Room 209 Hempstead, NY

Cerca de la Terminal de Autobús de Hempstead: Camina hasta la calle "Main Street". A la izquierda en North Franklin. 91 North Franklin

Puedes tomar los autobúses: N6, N6L, N15, N16, N31/N32, N35, N40/N41, N46/N47, N48/N49, N54/N55, N70/N71/N72 o tomar LIRR hasta la estación de Hempstead.

En el 5 de abril de 2012, "NICE Bus" van a implementar cambios en el servicio.

· Algunas rutas, como el N16, N45, y N73/74 van a tener servicio cortado en los fines de semana y en el mediodia.

· Rutas adicionales tendrán una disminución en las horas de servicio

¿cómo vas a verse afectada por estos recortes?

Venga a expresar sus preocupaciones en la Legislatura del Condado de Nassau * el lunes, el 19 de marzo a las 24:30.

* El edificio legislativo es en el 1550 Franklin Ave. en Mineola. Tome la LIRR a Mineola, o el N15, N22, N23, N24, N40, N41, N78, o N79

I've always preferred to use "ómnibus" for "bus", but I think "autobús" is more commonly understood.

On April 5th, 2012, NICE Bus will implement service changes.

Source

Some rider's union, the changes take place April 8th. They could at least get their facts straight.

Thank you both.

Brett, QJT, Amtrak7, Kevin, N6 LTD, Marctalky1, are you planning to attend?

Probably not, it's kind of early.

Before you join this union, you should look into the background of jobs with justice to see what theyre all about

joe

It not for joining.

Long Island Bus Rider's Union is almost like transit advocate for Nassau County like Straphangers Campaign, Tri-State Campaign, or Rider's Rebellion focusing for better transit in Nassau County.

How was the meeting? Was it productive at all? Whats the NICE bus sheet proposal?

I just realized that their entire site is English only, hypocritical isn't it?

I meant to say LIB Rider's Union's NICE Bus Proposal Sheet paper. One that I listed.

http://www.longislandbusridersunion.org/p/meetings.html'>http://www.longislandbusridersunion.org/p/meetings.html

Come to Our Meeting on April 3rd

100 Duffy Avenue in Hicksville, 3rd floor*

*1199 SEIU Building, next to Hicksville Train Station Buses (to Hicksville LIRR Station stop):

N20/N21, N22, N48/N49, N50, N73/N74, N78/N79, N80/N81

Walking directions from bus:

Walk down Newbridge Road (away from Hicksville LIRR train station). Turn right on Duffy Avenue and walk to 100 Duffy Ave

* http://www.longislandbusridersunion.org *

Of course they don't have a time listed. I need to "Fight Back" and inform them that they don't represent the riders, they represent their self interest.

I didn't realize that the N21 went to Hicksville, did anyone else know that?

http://www.longislandbusridersunion.org/p/meetings.html

Of course they don't have a time listed. I need to "Fight Back" and inform them that they don't represent the riders, they represent their self interest.

I didn't realize that the N21 went to Hicksville, did anyone else know that?

No N21 DOES NOT go to hicksville this shows how foolish they really are so sad. I know more about the bus system than they do that says a lot!!!!!

No N21 DOES NOT go to hicksville this shows how foolish they really are so sad. I know more about the bus system than they do that says a lot!!!!!

REALLY? REALLY? Are you that desperate to sound smart?

I think N6L knows N21 doesn't go to Hicksville.

He was just joking at their mistake.

:tup:

Archived