What Is Your Least Favorite NYC Bus Route?

Keon Milton

My least favourite bus is an express bus, the x1 between Staten Island and Manhattan. To me the Hylan Blvd route is too long and too many stops.

I live close to the x17, and if the line is not running (early weekday mornings and Sundays), I'll take the x10 to (S44) to the (S59) / (S79), or the (S59) from Victory Blvd/Richmond Ave to Eltingville Transit Center and walk home. This to me feels faster.

I rarely use any other bus in any of the other boroughs (maybe the M5 to and from the WTC PATH station and SI Ferry) and on Staten Island the s55, s56 and s89.

The B46 is slowly becoming my least favorite. That bus is just way too packed when coming home from school. :tdown::tdown::tdown:. The B8 is also my least favorite in Brooklyn.

I never cared much for the B8 either.... I'm glad I live on this side of the (holy cross) cemetary..... anyway, the thing I never understood with the B8 is the overserving of it during the AM rush, but the underserving of it during the PM rush.... In either case, service is erratic during the rush..... Off peak though, service is somewhat more uniform....

• 2 weeks later...

Bx36 Limited - Service was a lot better and reliable WITHOUT limited service. The afternoon rush hours, a local bus shows up, and another 3-4 buses show up 20-30 mins later. Also, the Bx36 LTD is useless if the local buses reach Washington Hts faster.

Bx15/55 - Poor headways during middays.

Bx40/42 - Too crowded during rush hours, not to mention very slow.

Bx20 - Why does it exist...?

Bx41 - It's horrible when its near Fordham Rd, as well as between 167-170 Sts due to the traffic lights.

• 1 month later...

Q3 - this bus is really slow i hate it! I am forced to take this bus on late saturday nights and on sundays because the Q77 doesn't run during those times and I don't like walking from hillside to archer for the Q85

Q85 - This bus isn't as bad as the Q3, but it does come when ever it wants to. I waited at Jamaica Center around 5 today with my friends and 5 Q4s, 6 Q83s, 8 Q5s, 2 Q84s, 2 N4s, 2 Q42s and 3 Rochdale Q85s (I get off along S Conduit, so I can't take the Rochdale 85s) passed until finally 3 85 limiteds came (around 5:25) ! -___- The route also bunches a lot, in the morning there are like 4 85 limiteds one after another in one setting at most and 2 or 3 towards rosedale in the afternoons. Traffic on merrick doesn't help either >.>

From an Op point of view the Bx41...hands down...non sequential traffic lights b/w 169th and 171st...Webster avenue is pot hole city the only smooth stretch is b/w 205th and Gun Hill Road...not to mention all the riff-raff that goes on within the communities this line serves...I grew up in those very projects right on 170th and Webster and I still can't comprehend as to why these individuals can't seem to get their priorities straight..asking for a ride with a beer in your hand smh maybe you should have skipped on the beer and use those funds for the fare if you knew you had to get somewhere...or even better yet...some soap...

I feel that I detest M34/34A +SBS+. It possibly is the most bunching-friendly route in the city from 8th Av to 6th Av. Feels like you've gone 30 blocks instead of 4 when you're taking it.

I haven't taken it that often, but S40 service is downright unreliable, and is extremely crowded.

I feel that I detest M34/34A +SBS+. It possibly is the most bunching-friendly route in the city from 8th Av to 6th Av. Feels like you've gone 30 blocks instead of 4 when you're taking it.

I haven't taken it that often, but S40 service is downright unreliable, and is extremely crowded.

You must have crapy luck. Most of the time when I take it, it's fairly reliable and not too crowded (unless it's rush hour and they put the stupid LFSs on there). Usually around 3:00PM or so, the buses start to get pretty crowded. It's the beginning of rush hour, but they didn't start the S90 yet.

Archived