Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n20h ridership decline because of split route. Lots of people including security who direct traffic at Americana Mall crosswalk want n20 bus to return way it was before.

And I'm sure there's lots of people who benefit from the split route who aren't complaining because they either get more reliable service, or don't have to sit through the Great Neck detour and make good connections when they transfer. So it's not a fair comparison.

And I'm sure there's lots of people who benefit from the split route who aren't complaining because they either get more reliable service, or don't have to sit through the Great Neck detour and make good connections when they transfer. So it's not a fair comparison.

Some n20H and n20G drivers they let passengers stay on bus. Some bus drivers they ask you to pay from inside the bus.

If wheelchair passenger boards weekday 8:45pm n20H Great Neck which becomes 9:20pm n20G Flushing and if that wheelchair was going to Flushing, he had to let wheelchair passenger stay on bus.

Before September schedule change, male driver on 8:45pm n20H Great Neck ask passengers to pay inside the bus if passengers are going to Flushing.

Edited by FamousNYLover

So more option order buses are coming in?

Glad you asked. I came here looking for information myself. I thought I saw something new just a while ago, mind you it was already dark. I saw an XN40 on the N79, Looking for the fleet number, above the drivers window, I thought the last two digits I had seen were "46" which would make it 1946. Again, it was dark so I may be mistaken, the 4 may have been a 1. Anyone else can confirm?

Do u think the xn40's have more legroom than the Orion 7 1800's.the reason why i ask is that I wasn't on 1912 for a long time just for 5 minutes.Every time I happend to ride nice bus Iam cursed with a Orion 7 CNG whether it be a 1700 bus or 1800 series.

Way more, especially with the rear section.

Yesterday was a long day on NICE I somehow got NX40 1891 on the n20H 3 times. The first time from Great Neck around 7:30 AM, the second around 1:00 Pm going to Hicksville, 1/2 through the route the B/O tells everyone that the bus doesn't have enough fuel to make it to Hicksville. So 20 minutes later the driver swapped with a ng O7 n58 bus that was NIS, and we took that to Hicksville. After being there for about 2 hours I went to take the n20 again and somehow it 1891 was in service again. I had to get on cause I wasn't waiting another hour for the bus. When I got to Great Neck,  the bus kicked everyone off and becomes an n20G. I didn't want to ride it a fourth time because I already had trust issues, and just waited for the next n20G which happened to be one of the original O7. (Which are my favorite) 

11/7/16: 8:15pm n20H Great Neck/9:20pm n20G Flushing #1757 bus had destination sign out of order, so I made sign for my bus driver friend when I got on at Jericho Whole Food at 8:33pm and this driver let us stay onboard southside Great Neck and left 9:19pm, then arriving Flushing 9:52pm.