Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Is the first stop of the Freeport bound n4 158th street? 

The first stop for the n4 to Freeport is usually the very last bay on Archer Avenue, right after the Q42. It's past 158th Street, but before 150th.

Edited by NY1635

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exit at the western-most exit of the Parsons/Archer subway (south side of street) and it's right up the stairs.  Look for the bus bay that says "N4" as there are many Queens buses too in other bays.  Alternatively, you can get off at Sutphin/Archer and walk about 5 minutes east along Archer until you see all the bus bays (but beware the construction closing lanes on Archer right now.)

Edited by RtrainBlues

Exit at the western-most exit of the Parsons/Archer subway (south side of street) and it's right up the stairs.  Look for the bus bay that says "N4" as there are many Queens buses too in other bays.  Alternatively, you can get off at Sutphin/Archer and walk about 5 minutes east along Archer until you see all the bus bays (but beware the construction closing lanes on Archer right now.)

I have to take the Q54 from where I am. It'd be the most direct way. I'll take it to 150th and walk down to Archer. Yea ok thats where I thought it was. I've taken the Q5 from there before. Didn't remember for sure. 

What's the stop policy on buses coming into Queens?  Every other stop only?  I remember taking the N4 from the city line and the bus only stopped every few stops.

From my experience they can stop at all MTA stops if someone presses the stop request button.

What's the stop policy on buses coming into Queens?  Every other stop only?  I remember taking the N4 from the city line and the bus only stopped every few stops.

Except for n4X and n6X, n22X..

Queens-bound n4X only stop to drop off only at MTA stop at Famers Blvd and Jamaica Center.

Queens-bound n6X only stop to drop off only at Hempstead Av/Springfield MTA, 179th St Subway and 165th St stop.

Queens-bound n22X only drop off only at 179th St MTA stop and 165th St.

Why hasn't Photobucket died yet? 

On-topic, I saw an NG on the N31 stranded in the middle of Hempstead Avenue, emergency lights on.  I wonder where all the car-hating Transportation """"""""""""Alternative"""""""""""" members are telling me I'm bad for refusing to ever ride the bus again?

On-topic, I saw an NG on the N31 stranded in the middle of Hempstead Avenue, emergency lights on.  I wonder where all the car-hating Transportation """"""""""""Alternative"""""""""""" members are telling me I'm bad for refusing to ever ride the bus again?

Time to use Flickr 

It's a shame, I actually find the n31/32 one of the few pleasant routes to ride in the system.

Well, NICE finally updated the bus route signs by my house, after 4 1/2 MONTHS of the route being eliminated. Smh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must've been certain that the routes eliminated in April won't be resurrected anytime soon. Now if only they can update the map instead of relying on the interactive one on their website. 

They must've been certain that the routes eliminated in April won't be resurrected anytime soon. Now if only they can update the map instead of relying on the interactive one on their website.

Definitely. They only updated the signs in one direction tho, so still waiting. The interactive one on the website from my last check is missing the n20H, so that's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVC is closing (closed?) for the sake of "cost savings."  I personally think it's full of shet.  Once the apparently-popular Rockville Racquet Club went down, it was only a matter of time before the old garage went as well.

Someone in another thread said the depot was supposingly (MTA) owned again. I don't know how true that is because I can't find any info about it.

Someone in another thread said the depot was supposingly (MTA) owned again. I don't know how true that is because I can't find any info about it.

Nassau County Owns the RVC Depot. The MTA was using it to run buses used for shuttle service between LI and Manhattan during the Amtrak Repairs.