Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I saw that bus on Friday afternoon at HTC. I heard somebody on the bus say "Damn, are they that desperate with buses to pull out that rusted hunk of junk?"

I would've decked 'em! One of those people who think a bad joke is funny or can't respect a classic, either way they deserve to be hit.

You know you're a foamer when you have to call your boss and tell him you'll be late because you had to get on 9117 that you saw at HTC... You know your boss isn't a foamer when he can't understand why you missed a half of day of work because you had to get on the "wrong bus" that blew your mind.. lol

Alot of breakdowns today, and the heat has just started. None of the buses I was on had a/c. One bus had an open radio and within the 30 minute ride 5 different buses called in with breakdowns. Heard 1759 was stalling and had check engine light en route to Jamaica. All they could tell him was to shut the bus down for 15 mins at Jamaica and keep going. Another driver told me 10 drivers left NICE this week to go work for the TA. Who can blame 'em. When will ppl start giving a damn...'cause by this summer I bet half the runs dont even go out due to breakdowns...I sure hope the LIRR dont go on strike this summer because I'm gonna need them!!

Edited by PinePower

Im not surprise, NICE maintenance just crap out. I have been on N15 to Roosevelt Field from Long Beach where the annoying warning sound went off for 15 minutes. Driver tries to turn on and off the bus a couple times and it didn't go away til it dissipates when it reaches Hempstead Bus Terminal.

Alot of breakdowns today, and the heat has just started. None of the buses I was on had a/c. One bus had an open radio and within the 30 minute ride 5 different buses called in with breakdowns. Heard 1759 was stalling and had check engine light en route to Jamaica. All they could tell him was to shut the bus down for 15 mins at Jamaica and keep going. Another driver told me 10 drivers left NICE this week to go work for the TA. Who can blame 'em. When will ppl start giving a damn...'cause by this summer I bet half the runs dont even go out due to breakdowns...I sure hope the LIRR dont go on strike this summer because I'm gonna need them!!

Dude it's Nassau do you honestly believe anyone gives a damn? Just talk to any resident in Nassau?

Obviously not, but this section is going to be full of complaints and bitching this summer anyway. The bus system is going to crash with all the breakdowns due to the heat and riders will be screwed. I won't be moderating this section anymore, so nobody complain to me or expect me to do anything about it. Yuki's ban has been overturned against my wishes, so expect LIBRU spam to be coming back very soon as well. I have no control over what happens in this section anymore, nor will I be providing insider information on here anymore. What's public is public, but that's it.

That's an understatement.

Well that sucks. Sounds like you're giving up on involvement in this issue as well. Nobody cares. People in Nassau County are selfish pricks, can't stand it, if I didn't live here my whole life I probably would've moved away by now...

I'm no longer responsible for what's going on in this section. If and when it starts falling, direct all your complaints to these people:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Of course, I'll be checking in on here. I may not be posting, but don't expect answers or information from me on anything. Those people in the link above didn't like how I ran this section, so the joke's on them. Until my contributions to this section and the successful way I ran it are acknowledged, and I get the proper respect from the staff on here, any information I deal and get from NICE won't be on here anymore. They've ignored my posts, my private messages, my reports and my willingness to talk to them, so you know what, f**k it. I've already talked to those who have stopped posting here, and they've left for the same reason. This site's traffic has dropped to being 50% less than it was this time last year, so obviously something is wrong. I don't care. Enjoy this mess.

I may be joining you as well. With LIBRU back posting crap and hijacking threads I might as well not put anything up either. Not worth my effort. No one cares, just like with NICE. If LIBRU is the best "activism" for NICE Bus, then there truly is no hope. I really think the folks that run this forum have made a huge mistake. 

Hey pinepower I saw 1832 on the n15 earlier today sounds horrible.Also I bought a new 26.00 dollar metro card I put in the fare box of 1839 read error happend to me and 5 other ppl even saw the driver take a dollar cause he didn't have enough quarters.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the status on the n87/n88. Wouldn't nice run service to the beach, especially for the bethpage air show coming up soon?

The website said that n88 service starts on Memorial Day Weekend, and that the n87 is going to Freeport via Sunrise Highway before Jones Beach.

The website said that n88 service starts on Memorial Day Weekend, and that the n87 is going to Freeport via Sunrise Highway before Jones Beach.

Why not merge N88&87 while they are at it? And call it N88 hicksville to Jones beach.

What's the status on the n87/n88. Wouldn't nice run service to the beach, especially for the bethpage air show coming up soon?

Where will bethpage air show be located at Jones beach?

On Friday, April 11th, Nassau County Legislators Siera Bynoe (LD2) and Laura Curran (LD5) rode the bus.

Legislator Bynoe took entire trip on Hicksville Station to Jamaica, then return to Hicksville via n24.

Legislator Curan took ride on n35 bus from her home to Roosevelt Field Mall.

1901944_627313430677799_4751517724697958

10257149_627313447344464_162497699920642

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

Please note if anyone who rides n40 bus between Freeport and Mineola, Legislators Curran and Dave Deneberg will be riding bus today, starting from Freeport Station around 10:25.

This morning we are riding the N41with Legislators Curran and Denenberg to bring awareness to the importance of the NICE Bus system in Nassau County. Both Leg. Curran and Leg. Denenberg are taking the bus to work at the Nassau County Legislature.

10268695_244763012314641_121379423319635

10357123_244763032314639_333488894818597

10334445_244763082314634_180707009955186

1017447_244768412314101_6592084641991021

Big thanks to Leg. Curran and Leg. Denenberg for riding with us this morning! We had a very enjoyable ride; Leg. Curran even said she has been "converted" into a bus rider!

Edited by FamousNYLover

This morning we are riding the N41with Legislators Curran and Denenberg to bring awareness to the importance of the NICE Bus system in Nassau County. Both Leg. Curran and Leg. Denenberg are taking the bus to work at the Nassau County Legislature.

10268695_244763012314641_121379423319635

10357123_244763032314639_333488894818597

10334445_244763082314634_180707009955186

1017447_244768412314101_6592084641991021

Big thanks to Leg. Curran and Leg. Denenberg for riding with us this morning! We had a very enjoyable ride; Leg. Curran even said she has been "converted" into a bus rider!

Sir you have balls.