Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done responding to your posts. The best defense you can come up with is a personal insult directed at me.

I bought a car. That solved those problems.

Not everyone can afford one or get one (my case).  What do those people do?  I'm equally as bitter about this situation because just about everyone else I know can drive and they expected me to by this age, should I move?

Not everyone can afford one or get one (my case).  What do those people do?  I'm equally as bitter about this situation because just about everyone else I know can drive and they expected me to by this age, should I move?

I forget what you're going to school for and where.  I've told you before and if you're living on your own you should consider going to a CUNY school and living in Brooklyn or Queens.  Not only would transportation be easier but rents are getting ridiculous on the island, half are illegal basements another quarter are someones cottage/pool house...  These home owners don't respect your rights as a tenant they think of you as someone living in their property who must respect their rules.  Some of their ads on craigslist are hilarious...

I bought a car. That solved those problems.

Another kid on Long Island who's parents presumably bought them a car giving advice on why someone should have a car instead of taking the bus, how cliche...  

I am going for it again, but I hate talking about it.  Driving around with my parents has been okay for the most part, but it really doesn't prepare me for another round of "Don't piss this prick in the passenger seat off for any reason for 10 minutes." The thought of having to waste more hours at a time on a public bus, though, is just as uncomfortable.

I am going for it again, but I hate talking about it.  Driving around with my parents has been okay for the most part, but it really doesn't prepare me for another round of "Don't piss this prick in the passenger seat off for any reason for 10 minutes." The thought of having to waste more hours at a time on a public bus, though, is just as uncomfortable.

Dude your in valley stream those are the 2nd worst in the NICE system. The worst are the ones people barely use.

Today, there was excellent NICEst male driver on 13:25 n20 Hicksville #1735, even thought he was late 20 minutes at Flushing-Main St.

After SUNY Old Westbury, Hispanic lady who was not unfamilar wanted to go to Newbridge Rd/Buffalo St, I tried to Google Search on my tracfone but map wouldn't come out. Hopstop direction said to take n49 Hempstead bus to Newbridge Rd/Locust St.

After he got to Hicksville Station drop-off at 15:18, he decided to help her and I stay with her on bus because B/O was going back to depot.

He turned left at Newbridge Rd and pulled over to safe curbside, park past Duffy Av and offered to talk with her friend on cell phone and he got location and he drop us off at Locust St n49/50/87 Bus Stop by Familiy Dentist. This bus driver deserve HEROIC AWARD.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Dude your in valley stream those are the 2nd worst in the NICE system. The worst are the ones people barely use.

What exactly are you trying to say here; 2nd worst in terms of what??

N1 and N4 are the used routes in Valley Stream.

That's cause those are the only ones that run with reasonable headways.

You say this like there's a myriad of bus routes running in Valley Stream......

Today, there was excellent NICEst male driver on 13:25 n20 Hicksville #1735, even thought he was late 20 minutes at Flushing-Main St.

After SUNY Old Westbury, Hispanic lady who was not unfamilar wanted to go to Newbridge Rd/Buffalo St, I tried to Google Search on my tracfone but map wouldn't come out. Hopstop direction said to take n49 Hempstead bus to Newbridge Rd/Locust St.

After he got to Hicksville Station drop-off at 15:18, he decided to help her and I stay with her on bus because B/O was going back to depot.

He turned left at Newbridge Rd and pulled over to safe curbside, park past Duffy Av and offered to talk with her friend on cell phone and he got location and he drop us off at Locust St n49/50/87 Bus Stop by Familiy Dentist. This bus driver deserve HEROIC AWARD.

More like a violation for being off-route and/or deadheading out of service with passenger.

Better be some nice bus scheldules at my lirr station I know a certain someone takes all of them for him self

Long Beach Station never has NICE Bus schedule. They just have old cover of n33 schedule.

Hicksville Station has plenty of schedules. Sometimes NICE Schedules ends up in White Plains. TransCenter.

Ugh wrong city I live in merrick haven't lived in lb since sandy but I visit there every weekend.

Little off-topic, but I go to all public libraries only serve by NICE/SCT/HART to check to see if libraries has empty bookshelves.

I went to Merrick Public Library as my duty as Citizen Defending Library, not LIBRU.

A pipe dream of mine: Better/increased service on the n22 & n24.

Went to Roosevelt Field earlier this morning...my n22 was PACKED going up and my n24 was PACKED going down after Mineola....and by packed, I mean they had to flag a few stops packed....

Edited by Cait Sith

1. When I was at Hicksville, 14:30 n22 Jamaica never showed up and 14:53 n24 Jamaica was CRUSH LOADED.

No one was waiting for n50, n80/81. n87 showed up when NICE told me last day of n87 was Saturday. It was good news for Newbridge Rd passengers.

2. RFM, 16:00 n22 Jamaica 14 minutes late at Roosevelt Field Mall.

3. At Jamaica Center, 18:20 and 18:40 n4 Freeport was right on schedule.

4. At Flushing-Main St around 19:20, regular n20 Hicksville rider told me that YESTERDAY, LAST 19:25 n20 HICKSVILLE NEVER SHOWED UP AT ALL.

1. When I was at Hicksville, 14:30 n22 Jamaica never showed up and 14:53 n24 Jamaica was CRUSH LOADED.

No one was waiting for n50, n80/81. n87 showed up when NICE told me last day of n87 was Saturday. It was good news for Newbridge Rd passengers.

2. RFM, 16:00 n22 Jamaica 14 minutes late at Roosevelt Field Mall.

3. At Jamaica Center, 18:20 and 18:40 n4 Freeport was right on schedule.

4. At Flushing-Main St around 19:20, regular n20 Hicksville rider told me that YESTERDAY, LAST 19:25 n20 HICKSVILLE NEVER SHOWED UP AT ALL.

How are them queens-bound super routes working for ya? Lol

A pipe dream of mine: Better/increased service on the n22 & n24.

Went to Roosevelt Field earlier this morning...my n22 was PACKED going up and my n24 was PACKED going down after Mineola....and by packed, I mean they had to flag a few stops packed....

NICE is watching don't be surprised if they do boost N24& 22 service.