Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the horse-drawn carriage is not on travel lane, but parking lane for carriage horse. They sometimes blocks travel lane.

Back to NICE, today after I did shopping at Garden of Eden Morningside Heights via Q49, Q72, Q70, M60 SBS, M60 SBS, Q70, (F), then went to Jericho Whole Food via NICE Bus and I experience following issue.

Today, after riding Q49, Q72, M60 SBS (round trip from LGA-LGA via Morningside Heights, I took n6, n1, n8, n6, n15, n22, n20, then LI Yellow Cab to Hicksville for LIRR Station for LIRR to Q70, Q49 home.

12:50 n6 Hempstead 1734 departed Hillside Av/168th St ontime 12:54, but arrived Elmont Rd at 13:22, 8 minutes late from 13:14.

12:35 n1 Hewlett #1699 departed 9 minutes late at 13:44, arrived Green Acres Mall/Marcy's at 14:16, 20 minutes late from 13:56.

After I got rip of Yaku Chinese Noodle place for lunch, but I gave which he forgot to give me 28 cent change, but he only gave me 3 cent back.

After I finish with lunch little, I used restroom quickly and I said thank you as I handed back tray and I told the taster I gave that 25 cent as tip since he didn't gave me change since I gave him $10.50, but he didn't give me change back 3 cent because he was distracted with Chinese customers who was trying to cut a line to pay for her meal.

15:15 n8 Floral Park #1658 came late at 16:48, 4 minutes late and they was unexpected detour on Rockaway Av due to Elmont Event (which was NOT POSTED ON NICE BUS WEBSITE). I got off n8 at Meacham Av/Hempstead Turnpike at 16:26, 20 minutes late from 16:06.

Around 16:28, guess what bus showed up? n4 JAMAICA BUS!! What hell in the world n4 Jamaica bus during in Elmont?

16:00 n6 Hempstead #1733 departed 16:34, 5 minutes late from 16:59, but at few stops, he couldn't get wheelchair ramp to work, and arrived HTC 16:57, 7 minutes late from 16:50.

At Hempstead Transit Center, almost every buses travelling via HTC was running LATE!!

I asked if n4 Jamaica had detour since I spotted n4 at Meacham Av n2/8 bus stop but he didn't know.

16:20 n15 Roosevelt Field #1708 departed 17:19, 8 minutes late from 17:11, but arrived RFM at 17:31, 8 minutes late.

16:40 n22 Hicksville #1873 came and departed 17:33, 2 minutes late from 17:31, and arrived Hicksville Station at 18:00, 5 minutes late.

There was (MTA) Bus and (NYCT) Buses from Jamaica Depot, Eastchester Depot, College Point, Casey Stengel, Queens VIllage Depot and CHEESE BUSES during LIRR Shuttle Bus.

18:04 n20 Flushing #1687 came 27 minutes late at 18:31, and got off North Broadway/Columbia Drive at 18:39, 29 lates from 18:10.

I did relaxing Whole Food errand at Jericho, and finish my lunch from Green Acres Mall, then about 19:40, I went to get Organic milk and one more One Daily for my mother's errand and finish my lunch along with Cinnanon Muffin I got from Morningside Eden via M60 SBS.

I went to CVS to get pen because my other pen wasn't working well.

I waited for 20:14 n20 Flushing which was suppose to come 20:20, but I figured bus might come around 20:50, but IT NEVER DID. So I had to give up on n20-Q48-Q72 combo home. I gave up and ask CVS employee if he knows number for taxi but he didn't know. I said thank you.

I ask a nice people on black SUV if he knows number for taxi and he searched for me. He asked me if I have cell phone, but not now, so he called taxi for Jericho CVS to Hicksville Station which he repeated taxi's message it was $8 and I said yes and he repeated that taxi coming in few minutes. I said thank you since I am always polite and he drove happily.

It was LI Yellow Cab #71 which departed 21:02, and arrived Hicksville Station at 21:12, which I paid $9 ($1 tip) with receipt, but I missed direct train to Woodside at 21:16 b/c I didn't hear announcement.

I was forced to take taxi today because 20:14 n20 Flushing NEVER SHOWED UP AT ALL.

Not a fair comparison the bee-line has unusually high on time performance compared to other agencies in the tri-state area.

It's totally fair. They're both suburban bus routes and serve small cities and small communities. Not much different between them.

I expect on time service from both

Well, you did bring it up, so....

He thinks he has some authority in this thread… smh.

I've noticed with the 3G's (and I think one of the '09 NGs) that drivers can open the front AND rear doors but how do they do it?

Rear door override switch, a standard feature on most transit buses. When the rear door override is selected the rear doors will open when the door handle is placed in the Rear door positions.

A real professional operation. f**k this guy:

Damn, that's some serious aggression if I've seen some.

But... Seriously, I don't hang in the right lane if there's buses nearby because they have to be somewhat aggressive to keep that bus moving and on time, and if I have to be in the right lane and there's a bus up ahead, of course I'm going to slow down once his/her blinkers come on to let them through.

I'm going to hold that driver of the car accountable for trying to get even with that driver because he could have totally avoided that entire situation...

At 1:43, 1726 crossing over divided and passing him by going on westbound left turn lane to cut him off.

It looks like the driver was trying to cut the bus off and the bus went around because it was the safe thing to do. The breaking was probably retaliation though. Basically stop F-fing with B/O's trying to do their job and you won't have a problem.

Edited by N6 Limited

It looks like the driver was trying to cut the bus off and the bus went around because it was the safe thing to do. The breaking was probably retaliation though. Basically stop F-fing with B/O's trying to do their job and you won't have a problem.

There was no bus at that video time. Right lane was empty.

NICE drivers have been doing that since they started here.  People already have to wait for a bus for 15-30 minutes, what more is paying your fare and getting stuck trying to wait for traffic to let you back in?  The drivers who DO show courtesy for buses get harassed all the time.

Which lines are notorious for this?

This was beyond ridiculous on the news, my favorite part was after stating the driver serves a 5 day sentence asking the peanut gallery of riders what his punishment should be.  Why would their opinion of the drivers punishment count?  These people aren't even remotely qualified to judge a professional drivers driving.

The guy in the video was a prick, he first laid on the horn like a prick, he continually tried to one up the bus, and I hate it when I drive a bus that these people hang out where this guy does.  Right just stay there right near my wheel well.  PASS the bus!  

How many of you would see that left turn lane open?  How many of you wouldn't do what this driver did.  Then the car driver saw the bus he thought he just one upped and decides he now wants to go,  mmmhhhhmmmm

He didn't like the bus trying to get in on him, this is long island, on routes like this there are always going to be cars.  How about instead of laying in the horn like a douche you get over when you first see the bus.  I think all NICE drivers should go to this guy's job, harass him and be a prick!

at 0:47 notice the (MTA) bus do the same thing lol classic nice bashing

This was beyond ridiculous on the news, my favorite part was after stating the driver serves a 5 day sentence asking the peanut gallery of riders what his punishment should be.  Why would their opinion of the drivers punishment count?  These people aren't even remotely qualified to judge a professional drivers driving.

The guy in the video was a prick, he first laid on the horn like a prick, he continually tried to one up the bus, and I hate it when I drive a bus that these people hang out where this guy does.  Right just stay there right near my wheel well.  PASS the bus!  

How many of you would see that left turn lane open?  How many of you wouldn't do what this driver did.  Then the car driver saw the bus he thought he just one upped and decides he now wants to go,  mmmhhhhmmmm

He didn't like the bus trying to get in on him, this is long island, on routes like this there are always going to be cars.  How about instead of laying in the horn like a douche you get over when you first see the bus.  I think all NICE drivers should go to this guy's job, harass him and be a prick!

at 0:47 notice the (MTA) bus do the same thing lol classic nice bashing

Lol I saw that same crap on the TV a while ago... Guy was a smug douchebag.

Don't let me see that guy on the streets... I'll show him something...

Why was the driver in the video following the n21 in the first place? It seemed like he was tailgating the bus and harassing the driver.

Precisely. 

He was looking for trouble, he got his feelings hurt.  It also seems like he knows the bus route,  So convenient, that he waits at the yellow line before he enters the left turn lane.  Boy doesn't he seem like a law abiding citizen and then whoa, here comes the dangerous bully bus driver again!  He just sits there and waits to enter the lane because he legally shouldn't, who does that?  Come on?  He knew the bus would be turning there, he wanted it to look good on video.

I wonder who this guy knows at News12 and/or the (MTA) ?  Luckily this guy had his dash cam on to catch the dangerous driver!  The news says he lives in Queens, I'm sure he see's (IMTA) buses doing this crap every day...  I'm sure he has his dash cam on every day!  I wonder where the (MTA) video's are?  hmmm

I just feel bad for the guy who lost 5 days pay for just doing his job and someone out there with an agenda....

Lol I saw that same crap on the TV a while ago... Guy was a smug douchebag.

Don't let me see that guy on the streets... I'll show him something...

I can only hope this makes it on Tosh.0 and he embarrasses himself more than he already embarrassed himself on TV...

Did you see the news story that said the B/O "Crossed into oncoming traffic"? The "oncoming traffic" was like 400 feet ahead waiting at a red signal" :rolleyes: And the only thing he crossed into was the left turn lane for Sussex Rd, where there were no vehicles waiting, to get to the Left turn lane for Middle Neck Rd so that he wouldn't miss the left turn signal.

Edited by N6 Limited