Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

I seriously can not believe you guys are standing up for that kamikaze BO.

You want everyone to get out of his way? install a bus lane.

Crowded streets, no place to go, and the buses are just trying to jam themselves in. Square peg, round hole. Just because you're bigger does not give you the right of way automatically, more so if you are trying to occupy a spacial point that someone is already in. 

Are there bus drivers who have it rough, yes. Is this one one of them? maybe, but it doesn't give him the right to drive like that. Sitting here mocking the guy in the car with his wife, 4 year old child and a family friend who's six months pregnant, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. "Oh, that was edited. Oh, they're trying to make the bus driver look bad". They didn't need to, the driver was doing it all on his own.

That's about a half dozen moving violations on the part of the BO.  

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the news story that said the B/O "Crossed into oncoming traffic"? The "oncoming traffic" was like 400 feet ahead waiting at a red signal" :rolleyes: And the only thing he crossed into was the left turn lane for Sussex Rd, where there were no vehicles waiting, to get to the Left turn lane for Middle Neck Rd so that he wouldn't miss the left turn signal.

Yeah, nobody usually gets of Sussex Rd, and all bus drivers goes directly to left lane for Middle Neck Rd.

You want everyone to get out of his way? install a bus lane.

Crowded streets, no place to go, and the buses are just trying to jam themselves in. Square peg, round hole. Just because you're bigger does not give you the right of way automatically, more so if you are trying to occupy a spacial point that someone is already in. 

Are there bus drivers who have it rough, yes. Is this one one of them? maybe, but it doesn't give him the right to drive like that. Sitting here mocking the guy in the car with his wife, 4 year old child and a family friend who's six months pregnant, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. "Oh, that was edited. Oh, they're trying to make the bus driver look bad". They didn't need to, the driver was doing it all on his own.

Clearly you are easily bamboozled. If you drove you'd know what was really going on in the video. Also, "family", "children" and "pregnant" are all used to puppet people's emotions.

If he was really "concerned" about his family he would not have followed and antagonized the B/O from Bayside to Greatneck, there is really no reason he should have STILL been near that same bus for the duration of the trip. 

Both the MTA and NICE buses were pulling out of stops the same way, As you can see in the video the First bus pulled out, then a car passed the N21 as it was trying to pull out and the driver with the cam tried to cut the bus off, he said he had to "Slam on his breaks" he was not going fast at all, maybe he needs to go to the repair shop to get his breaks checked.

Kamikaze bus operator!?!  That's racist!

But seriously, the only one who thinks that B/O was a kamikaze B/O are people waiting for the bus in Iowa!

This is exactly why he should have let the bus go in, nope, he got cut off (and he didn't really get cut off because because there was at least 2 car lengths for the bus to enter)...  Nope. his feelings got hurt, a bus couldn't be in front of him, so he laid on the horn like a douche.  You know a horn is a warning device, oops you didn't see me, now you can hear me....  But people use the horn like this guy did, they use it to annoy people that piss them off, that's the only reason you use a horn like this guy did. He sounds his horn and the bus continues, so he plays chicken with a bus because his feelings got hurt knowing his wife, a child, and a pregnant women was in the car?

Let's say you and the driver was 100% right and this guy was a dangerous driver, why the eff is he following him and waiting for "his turn" to get cut off?  Change lanes, let the aggressive driver in, don't play games with a dangerous driver to get good video while you have a child and pregnant women in the car.

Since you're counting how many did the car driver rack up?  

If there had been an accident the car driver would have been 50% responsible. Let's say the car driver had seen the bus cut off 2 other cars and now it was his turn, he has a duty to prevent an accident not play chicken! 

Did you see the news story that said the B/O "Crossed into oncoming traffic"? The "oncoming traffic" was like 400 feet ahead waiting at a red signal" :rolleyes: And the only thing he crossed into was the left turn lane for Sussex Rd, where there were no vehicles waiting, to get to the Left turn lane for Middle Neck Rd so that he wouldn't miss the left turn signal.

I did that all the time,as well as any other seasoned driver trying to keep on schedule.

I did that all the time,as well as any other seasoned driver trying to keep on schedule.

Show the morons on the road who's boss and the critics who support them. Clearly, most of the people here don't drive and are thus stuck taking public transportation such as this joke of an operation. Haha.

Show the morons on the road who's boss and the critics who support them. Clearly, most of the people here don't drive and are thus stuck taking public transportation such as this joke of an operation. Haha.

First, your first sentence makes sense, you might want to break out the hooked on phonics and try again.

Hound & I both have CDL's and are profession drivers...

Hound has been driving transit buses in Nassau County for 40 years (and Greyhound before that)...

I have delivered transit buses (as well as various trucks) all over this country and have driven school buses in Nassau County for years...

Hound & I both have clean driving record, how's your driving record?

Anything else?

NICE Bus forgot detour for tonight from 10pm to 6:00am 10/3 to 10/4 due to Crane Operation Roosevelt Av between Main & Union Sts.

Hound, do you know where n20/21 possibly pickup/drop of passengers?

Don't know-& nobody at NICE probably doesn't either.

Don't know-& nobody at NICE probably doesn't either.

I am definally going to Nassau County Legislature public hearing to testify about this incident. NICE always FORGET SMALLEST DETOUR like some kind of Chinese-taichi parade in Flushing, which closed Main St for little while, which n20 Hicksville driver didn't know while other buses detour via 39th Av-Union St more likely, well as Little Neck Douglaston Memorial Day Parade, which both NICE Bus and parade organizer did not know.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I am definally going to Nassau County Legislature public hearing to testify about this incident. NICE always FORGET SMALLEST DETOUR like some kind of Chinese-taichi parade in Flushing, which closed Main St for little while, which n20 Hicksville driver didn't know while other buses detour via 39th Av-Union St more likely, well as Little Neck Douglaston Memorial Day Parade, which both NICE Bus and parade organizer did not know.

I don't think that's necessary, just e-mail nice or talk to them by phone.

(You also do have libru, so that they can "complain" about it.......   lmfao)

Did it also occur to you that there would be no need, since there is no need to because either the bus isn't skipping stops or doesn't affect it?

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I don't think that's necessary, just e-mail nice or talk to them by phone.

(You also do have libru, so that they can "complain" about it.......   lmfao)

Did it also occur to you that there would be no need, since there is no need to because either the bus isn't skipping stops or doesn't affect it?

Crane operation closure properly affected weekday passengers on 10:00pm n21 Glen Cove 10:30pm n20  Hicksville and 11:05pm because at Roosevelt Av/Main St, there was no indication from NICE Bus about detour.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Crane operation closure properly affected weekday passengers on 10:00pm n21 Glen Cove 10:30pm n20  Hicksville and 11:05pm because at Roosevelt Av/Main St, there was no indication from NICE Bus about detour.

Why would there be MTA crane operation between Main and Union in the first place. The (7) is underground at that time. 

And, I don't know, maybe there was no detour. 

Sometimes, roads can be closed, but still be accessible by buses, and other authorized vehicles.

Why would there be MTA crane operation between Main and Union in the first place. The (7) is underground at that time. 

And, I don't know, maybe there was no detour. 

Sometimes, roads can be closed, but still be accessible by buses, and other authorized vehicles.

I didn't said (MTA) Crane. It was propetly NYCDOT's Crane Operation.

Still, they;ll allow buses to go through. There wasn't any detours on the MTA's website for their routes, was there?

Q12, Q15/Q15A, Q48 were on detour. (MTA) did post detour on their Planned Service Change. If buses were on detour from Roosevelt Av, they don't allowed buses to go through Crane Operation area.

Back to NICE Bus, I'm sure last n20/21 riders of 10:00 n21 Glen Cove, 10:30 n20 Hicksville or 11:05 n20 Roslyn Friday evening were frustrated.

NYPD and NYCDOT doesn't know where BUS STOPS during the detours.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Q12, Q15/Q15A, Q48 were on detour. (MTA) did post detour on their Planned Service Change. If buses were on detour from Roosevelt Av, they don't allowed buses to go through Crane Operation area.

Back to NICE Bus, I'm sure last n20/21 riders of 10:00 n21 Glen Cove, 10:30 n20 Hicksville or 11:05 n20 Roslyn Friday evening were frustrated.

NYPD and NYCDOT doesn't know where BUS STOPS during the detours.

Then, n20 buses probably went on that same detour as well, unless the drivers had literally no idea and made up their own routes.

NYPD and NYCDOT personnel are not obligated to know where the bus stops, although it is preferable to know. That all really falls on how well the MTA and NICE post their detours.

First, your first sentence makes sense, you might want to break out the hooked on phonics and try again.

Hound & I both have CDL's and are profession drivers...

Hound has been driving transit buses in Nassau County for 40 years (and Greyhound before that)...

I have delivered transit buses (as well as various trucks) all over this country and have driven school buses in Nassau County for years...

Hound & I both have clean driving record, how's your driving record?

Anything else?

you must both be very proud. I used to drive buses for a living and eventually started my own company for doing what we did. After 4-5 years it just felt like a waste of my time, so I split up the empire amongst friends I had made and left. Once I did I was able to earn numerous times what I used to make, retire my family and myself, own multiple properties across the globe [toronto, vancouver, los angeles, ny, miami, alps, dominican, paris, london, south africa, moscow, bangkok, tokyo, etc], travel the world in chartered jets & yachts, collect the most expensive and rare cars in the world, party with the creme de la creme of society, and I've dated 2 a list actresses, 6 models, 4 daughters of an oil tycoon, shipping magnate & 2 ceo's and all this within 10 years after leaving.

I just met my friend Nassau County Legislature Carrie Solage and NYS Assembly women Michaelle Solages at ROckaway TUrnpike protest.

12:30 n33 Long Beach #1837 right on schedule.

congratulations

you must both be very proud. I used to drive buses for a living and eventually started my own company for doing what we did. After 4-5 years it just felt like a waste of my time, so I split up the empire amongst friends I had made and left. Once I did I was able to earn numerous times what I used to make, retire my family and myself, own multiple properties across the globe [toronto, vancouver, los angeles, ny, miami, alps, dominican, paris, london, south africa, moscow, bangkok, tokyo, etc], travel the world in chartered jets & yachts, collect the most expensive and rare cars in the world, party with the creme de la creme of society, and I've dated 2 a list actresses, 6 models, 4 daughters of an oil tycoon, shipping magnate & 2 ceo's and all this within 10 years after leaving.

congratulations

Was that really necessary?

(And it's Dominican Republic, btw)

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Sure, BO can't be wrong, cuts off traffic that can't fit, drives on the wrong side of the road, clearly he knows what he is doing and must be the best bus driver around.

The only people who's emotions are being toyed with are the uber bus lovers who can't see the forest for the trees...

Why was the car driver following him from Flushing to Great Neck, I don't know, maybe it was because he WAS DRIVING FROM FLUSHING TO GREAT NECK to visit his parents.

No, this all has to be "wha wha, he was mean to a bus driver"