Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

That's because they were already in the colors of Nassau County.

This is true but I didn't say it because of the 1700's that haven't been wrapped, but in reality the V's weren't painted because of their age.  Like I said paint the ones that aren't getting the full livery paint or wrap with Nassau's stripe it'll make the fleet look more consistent.  But if money's tight slapping a NICE vinyl over the Foothill logo will do the job.

Any reports of these buses on the road?  I wonder if these buses will get a paper temp plate like (MTA) NYCT Bus 7090 had while they're waiting for the new "County of Nassau" license plates?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is true but I didn't say it because of the 1700's that haven't been wrapped, but in reality the V's weren't painted because of their age. 

To a certain degree, that is true. However, they did want to change the look of the stripe scheme and had several different variants of it. In the end, they just thought that keeping it the way it is would be better in the long term.

use LIRR.

:rolleyes:

People will not take LIRR. Some people get off at bus stop which is not cross to train station.

He still doesn't get that point

too bad deal with it some routes are nonessential and likely to not have replacements. Fortunately I have only had to use the essential routes in the NICE system.

People are dealing with it, it's called a ridership drop, lol.

You need to stop with that retarded suggestion, LIRR doesn't solve everything.

I've explained that so many times.

NICE is BROKE they aren't going to restructure the system which would involve pricey studies, nerve racking community meetings (DON'T CUT MY ROUTE"), and hours of analysts time who work for NICE.  You know NICE is only allowed to cut and alter so many routes per year, who would they legally do this? 

You think this would be more efficient, maybe in the long run,but at first drivers would get lost, this would cause late buses.  People would be standing on street corners spinning in confusion.  The new routes and new system would be overwhelming for the average rider who is used to the same old thing, now add in buses that are lost and late.  Nassau is full of knew jerk politician's, look at the politicians who voted for school speed zone cameras then changed their mind because their voters didn't like getting tickets!  The politicians will be afraid of pissing off the large immigrant community that takes the bus, so much so they'll want to get TV time, promise to fix the problem,hold an emergency meeting, throw Transdev under the bus.  Have an emergency meeting to vote Transdev out, hire a replacement company (at god knows the rate) who promises to restore the old system/route that evil Transdev eliminated.    

your right better NICE and LIRR coordination can. More practical bus routes and realistic ones can do wonders and better LIRR service in some parts of LI.

NICE is BROKE they aren't going to restructure the system which would involve pricey studies, nerve racking community meetings (DON'T CUT MY ROUTE"), and hours of analysts time who work for NICE. You know NICE is only allowed to cut and alter so many routes per year, who would they legally do this?

You think this would be more efficient, maybe in the long run,but at first drivers would get lost, this would cause late buses. People would be standing on street corners spinning in confusion. The new routes and new system would be overwhelming for the average rider who is used to the same old thing, now add in buses that are lost and late. Nassau is full of knew jerk politician's, look at the politicians who voted for school speed zone cameras then changed their mind because their voters didn't like getting tickets! The politicians will be afraid of pissing off the large immigrant community that takes the bus, so much so they'll want to get TV time, promise to fix the problem,hold an emergency meeting, throw Transdev under the bus. Have an emergency meeting to vote Transdev out, hire a replacement company (at god knows the rate) who promises to restore the old system/route that evil Transdev eliminated.

it can be done by combining segments of the weak routes into strong ones like merging n46/7 with N6. Or parts of N80 into lines like an extended N79 & a rerouting of another while losing duplications on sunrise hwy. The N80,51&47 are the first that come to mind. Then 2nd phase lose n50,74&73 to other routes. Without actually removing service from areas. The service reductions to the most heavily used lines is already pissing everyone off. Remember reductions to N55/54,6,27. &72 yeah. Edited by qjtransitmaster

it can be done by combining segments of the weak routes into strong ones like merging n46/7 with N6. Or parts of N80 into lines like an extended N79 & a rerouting of another while losing duplications on sunrise hwy. The N80,51&47 are the first that come to mind. Then 2nd phase lose n50,74&73 to other routes. Without actually removing service from areas. The service reductions to the most heavily used lines is already pissing everyone off. Remember reductions to N55/54,6,27. &72 yeah.

You just want ridership to drop even more. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Combination of routes won't help....proper FUNDING does....

---------------------------

NICE is expected to get up to 30 of the Foothill Transit Orion V CNGs.

All of the Jamaica routes are already long enough as is. No need to combine them.

If you ask me they should cut back that N24 to Roosevelt Field like the old days. I feel bad for the N24 drivers that have to go from 165 to Hicksville in one sitting with all local stops.

The most interesting thing about the n24 is that it gets to Hicksville much faster than the n22. That n22 is torture. The n24 to Hicksville is much faster.

All of the Jamaica routes are already long enough as is. No need to combine them.

If you ask me they should cut back that N24 to Roosevelt Field like the old days. I feel bad for the N24 drivers that have to go from 165 to Hicksville in one sitting with all local stops.

It's not like the N24 makes all stops. Most just cruise along Old Country Road anyway.

The most interesting thing about the n24 is that it gets to Hicksville much faster than the n22. That n22 is torture. The n24 to Hicksville is much faster.

It must be because of the part that bypasses New Cassel? I used to ride the N22 between Jamaica and Roosevelt Field, and the N22 seemed faster, because the N24 would get stuck at Jericho Turnpike traffic signals and wouldn't be able to pull out from bus stops because of traffic. So maybe the factors that bog each route down are swapped at Roosevelt Field?