Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Any news on the foothill buses.Would like to see more pictures on here

So far-3 buses on the property. They're being checked out, but unbelieveibly-came without heaters.

I can't see people paying the prices they do for those places being that close to a bus depot and LIRR tracks but they do... A "commuters dream!" lol

Hound, when they were building them did LIB have any problems with anything like nails in the bus tires?

You're free to go to Mitchel Field and take some pictures for us.   :)  If they were in service you'd see posts of people spotting them here.

No-just sugar in the tanks.

It's now the Transdev Internet Defense Force!  Read a press release every once in awhile...  :D

Goolgle "MTA LONG ISLAND BUS"  and "Skeleton system" and tell me if that sounds better to you, I don't have the energy to repeat the every month or two.  

Also, it is proven that NICE do a lot more per dollar than the MTA ever did.  So, if the system was properly funded facts, data, statistics, and common sense seem to suggest that Veolia/Transdev would be the better bet to run a [key term] PROPERLY FUNDED [/key term] system.

Original!   :rolleyes:

Wow, you're actually right...  You see MTA is to Cadillac - overly expensive, outdated, only really admired by old timers, not eye catching to anyone under 50, the operating cost is outrageous, for no other benefit than the status.  You picked Yugo, because of the US flop because American's of you're time liked gas guzzling tanks, what you failed to see was this was a perfect analogy for Veolia, very popular in overseas bringing value and savings to people now bringing and streamline economic savings to America as FIAT.  Veolia was also very successful overseas bringing savings and economic value as it now does in America as Transdev.

I personally hate FIAT's, but great analogy!

Veolia sucks.

It's the truth, I'm sorry I don't sit here listening to the mis truths when people bitch about how terrible NICE is and how much better it was/would be if the MTA were still around.  It's not true, it never was true,and it never will be true.  The truth is the riders are better off with NICE than they would be with LIB...  As long as people are here saying how much worse NICE is or how much better things would be with LIB I'll be here to remind them.  If you look at my post history you;ll see I never just randomly say these things,but I do say them when?  When people forget and start telling MTA fairy tales.  If you want to read a bunch of half truths (or most non truths) go right ahead but I can't stand it.

You pissed me off a little bit tonight by saying that!

NICE sucks.

That's why I've been telling everyone for years they should merge the n19 & S20 with the N4! lol

Might as well just merge those with the S40 & S66. Then they'll be happy they will have a 1-seat ride from Jamaica to Riverhead.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the truth

You keep telling yourself that, maybe one day it'll come true.  Like I tell myself that this bus system isn't crap!

The (MTA) that ran the show when Hound started was not the (MTA) you so love to shit on and as long as you parrot the same crap, it'll keep and keep.

Edited by Joel Up Front

What if it's because NICE can't eliminate the bus routes without the county's approval?

That is why I came up with those changes in that format to begin with. Only reason I suggested an extension of n6 was because it was followed by an elimination of the N46/47& 51 & rerouted N48 & 55.

So far-3 buses on the property. They're being checked out, but unbelieveibly-came without heaters.

No-just sugar in the tanks.

Veolia sucks.

NICE sucks.PLZ STOP.

Might as well just merge those with the S40 & S66. Then they'll be happy they will have a 1-seat ride from Jamaica to Riverhead.

you do realize he was joking right? Boosting LIRR would be more helpful. Edited by qjtransitmaster

I wonder if the Foothill Transit Orions ccame without heaters cause they originally ran in Cali and never gets cold out west.

I think LIB would have been better off with the MTA, especially with the whole RBO thing. Look how much MTAB improved things compared to the PBL... Probably would have been proposing a N6 SBS by now, an N22/24 SBS could have been an success with the lack of reverse peak service LIRR has.

Not to mention being able to use hand me downs from NYCT, I'm sure the old C40LFs could have ran at LIB until the next order if random buses from that order are still running with private owners. Or use some hand me down diesels.

SBS in Nassau? Hempstead Turnpike and the like (rhyme intended) already only have two lanes each direction, are state roads, and are heavily used daily.  Taking one lane away would cause even worse traffic issues than these roads already see.  That post is a pipe dream at best.

Edited by Joel Up Front

You keep telling yourself that, maybe one day it'll come true.  Like I tell myself that this bus system isn't crap!

The (MTA) that ran the show when Hound started was not the (MTA) you so love to shit on and as long as you parrot the same crap, it'll keep and keep.

The skeleton system is real, it came from the the MTA the same MTA Hound worked for, the same MTA who had half their buses fail a simple safety check and pulled OOS. This is nit a debate this is fact, end of story!

While I'm at it at least NICE can fix a back door! Did MTA mechanics miss the day in school on how to fix a back door, I swear the back doors were always broken during LIB.

The Greyhound Hound started with was a different company than it was, the sane as LIB went down hill in 40 years. NICE has proven over & over again to be better than LIB, get over it!

.Might as well just merge those with the S40 & S66. Then they'll be happy they will have a 1-seat ride from Jamaica to Riverhead.

That might be the smartest thing you've frosted here! lol

Obvious now that I think of it but I would've never thought if that. lol

I say put them in service as is on the line Pine Power rides, it'll balance him out with all the complaining that his bus is too hot. Seriously, some of the B/O's are out of control with the heat.

Any word on who when the new buses enter service.

I wonder if the Foothill Transit Orions ccame without heaters cause they originally ran in Cali and never gets cold out west.

We'll it does get cold out west but it doesn't really get cold in SoCal and I was thinking along the same lines as you, they don't really need the heat so they deliver them without the added cost of heat or that the heat was used so little in ten years it was rendered useless.

The Greyhound Hound started with was a different company than it was, the sane as LIB went down hill in 40 years. NICE has proven over & over again to be better than LIB, get over it!

LOL

In what?  Ridership figures?  On-time performance?  Haven't you noticed that I've never said that I liked LIB?  I remember them well and they didn't do much better in any of those.  All you've done is go ballistic whenever someone criticizes NICE!  It's so bad that NICE just deletes any criticism they get.  I wonder what else they do get from people other than you.

Here's another kicker: I saw yet another NG being towed last Monday headed south on Franklin Avenue.  Those broke down with LIB too, - will you praise NICE just because they painted them orange and reformatted the signs?

He's trying to create another Hicksville-Jamaica route, most likely as an alternative to the 22/24.

If they were to do that it should have to have a set up of the Queens Blvd Line. N6x to Hicksville, N6 local to Hempstead. Only a speed up of the lines would get more ridership all these 1hr plus routes its not going to increase ridership. 

However in the course of speeding up routes you cannot just bypass the ridership like they tried to do with the N6x.

I'm sure Mitchel Field is cluttered with flowers, fruit baskets,and other items of gratuity during the Holiday Season from grateful riders who were saved from the skeleton system and the mismanagement of the MTA!

I think that space vehicle India launched should run into my sides if they haven't already, because they are in orbit right now.

I'm sorry, but even I find that a little hard to believe. Especially when ridership figures and OTP(On-Time Performance) dropped significantly since the takeover.

You and I have agreed on a lot of things. This one I don't. Especially with my time with the n22 and n24 over the course of the transition. A lot more missing buses I've experienced than the LIB days along with a lot of broken down buses I've been on. It hasn't been fun.

NICE won't get better with Ed Mangina in office....especially since he has the habit of taking away money from NICE for other things.

Edited by Cait Sith

SBS in Nassau? Hempstead Turnpike and the like (rhyme intended) already only have two lanes each direction, are state roads, and are heavily used daily.  Taking one lane away would cause even worse traffic issues than these roads already see.  That post is a pipe dream at best.

who said anything about SBS in Nassau?  

When has NICE proven to be better than LIB?

Its even way worst now.

To be fair it isn't veolia's fault the county severely crippled funding. 

If they were to do that it should have to have a set up of the Queens Blvd Line. N6x to Hicksville, N6 local to Hempstead. Only a speed up of the lines would get more ridership all these 1hr plus routes its not going to increase ridership. 

However in the course of speeding up routes you cannot just bypass the ridership like they tried to do with the N6x.

OK now I am conflicted. You are right about these 1hr plus routes though.

I think LIB would have been better off with the MTA, especially with the whole RBO thing. Look how much MTAB improved things compared to the PBL... Probably would have been proposing a N6 SBS by now, an N22/24 SBS could have been an success with the lack of reverse peak service LIRR has.

Not to mention being able to use hand me downs from NYCT, I'm sure the old C40LFs could have ran at LIB until the next order if random buses from that order are still running with private owners. Or use some hand me down diesels.

They have ThermoKing HVAC systems...the buses will be fine out here. As for the last paragraph, any bus Long Island gets (New or used) has to be CNG

They have ThermoKing HVAC systems...the buses will be fine out here. As for the last paragraph, any bus Long Island gets (New or used) has to be CNG

LIB had MCI's from NYCT towards the end for LIRR shuttles, and those was diesel.

Even had the Mitchell Field depot stickers 

http://gallery.bustalk.info/albums/userpics/21430/MTA_MCI_1889.jpg