Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, NICE knows they're losing riders, they can't fund the system, they're trying to make riders wait longer, and with even worse maintenance, there has to be other ways to losing more riders, lol.

they can simply drop lines like n80,46,47&51 and reroute n55&48 while giving N79 a short extension. Then use that as an excuse to lose the n50.

NICE sucks.

No kidding. Their fleet is so bad. It's even worst the Triboro Coach or Green Lines during pre-MTA takeover days. Dirty in and out, weak engine, no heat, destination sign broken, back doors can't close, broken lights in and out, leaky roofs, wheelchair lifts inoperable, missing runs, longer waits, no communication between NICE management and the NICE bus drivers and NICE customers which they are not NICE, etc.

No kidding. Their fleet is so bad. It's even worst the Triboro Coach or Green Lines during pre-MTA takeover days. Dirty in and out, weak engine, no heat, destination sign broken, back doors can't close, broken lights in and out, leaky roofs, wheelchair lifts inoperable, missing runs, longer waits, no communication between NICE management and the NICE bus drivers and NICE customers which they are not NICE, etc.

ohh well you don't have to live on long island.

NICE buses transporting Nassau P.D. to cop's funeral Sat. I wonder if they'll make it without breaking down.

It's not that simple. People move to Long Island for reasons other than transit, one of them is a safe enviornment to raise their kids.

try Rockland county. But then service inverses to great bus service but suppar rail service. With TZX being the worst route. Or you can try Suffolk county. Decent service and with NICE keep the trips as short as possible if you don't go to the city or use the subway or MTA buses you can opt for a local LIRRpass with uniticket expanding your options for LIRR Travel at a cost similar to a monthly MetroCard.

try Rockland county. But then service inverses to great bus service but suppar rail service. With TZX being the worst route. Or you can try Suffolk county. Decent service and with NICE keep the trips as short as possible if you don't go to the city or use the subway or MTA buses you can opt for a local LIRRpass with uniticket expanding your options for LIRR Travel at a cost similar to a monthly MetroCard.

LIRR and MNRR UniTickets are only for weekly and monthly riders only. There are no such thing as local LIRR Pass.

LIRR Weekly/Monthly tickets works on NYC Subways, certain NYC Buses that serves LIRR and all NICE Buses, free boarding with M15/M34/A SBS.

MNRR Weekly/Monthly tickets works all Bee-Line Buses, HudsonRailink, NYC Buses, free d taxi fare boarding on Bx12 SBS/M15 SBS. Tappan Zee Express, CT Transit 11/I-Bus and shoreline takes MetroCard, connecting NYWY ferry, etc.

Unlike LIRR Uniticket, MNRR Uniticket riders have Guranteed Program, when people were forced to work late, and take train late, use voutcher on taxis in upstate ny when connecting ferry/bus from MNRR doesn't run.

It will be easier if LIRR, NICE Bus, HART. City of Long Beach Bus and All Island Taxi, certain taxis in Suffolk work together to provide Gurantee Home Program.

Edited by FamousNYLover

LIRR and MNRR UniTickets are only for weekly and monthly riders only. There are no such thing as local LIRR Pass.

LIRR Weekly/Monthly tickets works on NYC Subways, certain NYC Buses that serves LIRR and all NICE Buses, free boarding with M15/M34/A SBS.

MNRR Weekly/Monthly tickets works all Bee-Line Buses, HudsonRailink, NYC Buses, free d taxi fare boarding on Bx12 SBS/M15 SBS. Tappan Zee Express, CT Transit 11/I-Bus and shoreline takes MetroCard, connecting NYWY ferry, etc.

Unlike LIRR Uniticket, MNRR Uniticket riders have Guranteed Program, when people were forced to work late, and take train late, use voutcher on taxis in upstate ny when connecting ferry/bus from MNRR doesn't run.

It will be easier if LIRR, NICE Bus, HART. City of Long Beach Bus and All Island Taxi, certain taxis in Suffolk work together to provide Gurantee Home Program.

local means zone 4-7 so yes a pass exists for this as well. Good points.

"LIRR Weekly/Monthly tickets works on NYC Subways"??  I don't think so.  LIRR riders with a monthly LIRR pass have to pay an *ADDITIONAL* $112 for a monthly NYC Transit Metrocard.  Possibly with a slight (approx 2%) discount for mail-n-ride.

I was typing too fast, I meant only buses.

If you were force to take taxi because NICE Bus doesn't show up, keep your receipt and contact your legislatures and they will refurbish your money for taxi.

That's nice, but I don't see what polishing my money would do any better, I won't get it back :P

(P.S: Yes I know what you meant)

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

If you need to be paid back for an "emergency" cab ride a "few times a year" you're probably on welfare and can't afford a loaf of bread.  Seriously, is it worth what you have to do to get the money back, I'm sure it's not easy as nothing with the government is!  Is it worth the $80 bucks or less you'll get back a year?

Hey!  Can I use this to take a cab back from Penn to LI if I'm drunk early in the morning and don't want to wait the hour and a half for a train!?!

Edited by Burrstone

1/18 schedule change...http://nicebus.com/Passenger-Information/Schedule-Changes.aspx

Lots of added service on the N4 and N40/41, also a couple extra Saturday AM e/b N20's.

N57 now interlines w/ N20, but there's no indication on the schedule as to which trips link to which.

N48/49 service north of Broadway Mall is significantly reduced, midday service eliminated, and what remains is now a shuttle to Hicksville.

N79 loses its midday clockface schedule.