Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you thought that was insane, I did the N25 to the LIRR to Atlantic Terminal to the (D) to 33rd Street to Newport (PATH).  I had lunch at Newport mall and took the same thing back.

I haven't done any epic journeys like I said before considering what I have to do to get to college now is an epic journey in itself.

If you thought that was insane, I did the N25 to the LIRR to Atlantic Terminal to the (D) to 33rd Street to Newport (PATH).  I had lunch at Newport mall and took the same thing back.

I haven't done any epic journeys like I said before considering what I have to do to get to college now is an epic journey in itself.

lol ha you want epic try S57 to Ronkonkoma line to Penn for NJT to Trenton to 613 bus. Or septa airport line to Trenton line to NJT NEC to Secaucus for port Jervis line to suffern then TOR 59 then TZX to Tarrytown to NYC. THAT IS AN EPIC journey boy. Ever done 2 intercity buses to get from Springfield to cape cod in Massachusetts? Yup.

Yesterday, I took (7) to 74th St, (E) to Jamaica Center, stop by at Duane Reade/Walgreen, then n4 to Freeport, n41 to Mineola, n23 to Pt. Washington Library, and use internet at Pt. Washington Library, walk to Shin Nara Japanese food, then try out other pizza place beside Rose's Pizza and I went to Gino's Pizza for slice of Macaronni Cheese pizza with Kiwi Strawberry Snapple Iced Tea. After that, n23 to Mineola, n22 to RFM, n16 to Rockville Cetre Station, which #1640 had destination sign broken, then took LIRR Babylon to Freeport Station, then stop by at Walgreen to get Walgreen's NICE Product, use restroom, then took n4 back to Jamaica Center. After 10:30pm n4 bus, I hit (E) to (7) home.

Today's journey is (7) to Flushing, n20 to Great Neck, n21 to Searington, n23 to Shin Nara Japanese food, then walk to library, then n23 back to Mineola, n22 to RFM, n15 to Long Beach.

Depends on anti-fracking party, Anti-Frackers might give me ride home.

I'll put full detail report later mainly on NICE Bus.

2 of the foothill buses have already been wrecked. Seems whoever was transporting them hit a low clearance underpass. They now have to be sent back.

Jeezus, you can't make this stuff up...  Will 2 more be sent?  Were these buses being towed from Cali and BOOM or were they already in NICE's possession?  The bus I saw being towed was being towed by a reputable local company, I can't imagine them hitting a low bridge.

Are there more low clearance underpasses in Suffolk?

no actually more are in Nassau.

The county really doesn't matter the problem is out of area drivers don't understand the NYC area "parkway system."  A lot of times it is some good old country boy who's never been to "the city" (and "the city"to these people is NJ, the borough's, Westchester, Nassau, & Suffolk).  First, the traffic and a**hole/dangerous drivers overwhelms them, they're not from the area and don't know where they're going...  They might be using GPS that is not used for trucks as it works everywhere else in the country...  Looking at directions, a map, or overly checking mirror, and it;s enough to miss a sign the BOOM!

I remember hearing the AM traffic lady saying truck got stuck under a bridge "trucks are NOT supposed to be there!  When will they learn and not hold up our commute!?!"  It really pissed me off because usually it's someone from out of the area who made a mistake not someone who thought "der dee der, I think I can make it anyway..."  I continually hear this idiot who is a newscaster stumble over her words, get tongue tied, who obviously makes mistakes at her job trash another profession who can probably do more in a 60 foot truck than she can in her car.

Yesterday, I took (7) to 74th St, (E) to Jamaica Center, stop by at Duane Reade/Walgreen, then n4 to Freeport, n41 to Mineola, n23 to Pt. Washington Library, and use internet at Pt. Washington Library, walk to Shin Nara Japanese food, then try out other pizza place beside Rose's Pizza and I went to Gino's Pizza for slice of Macaronni Cheese pizza with Kiwi Strawberry Snapple Iced Tea. After that, n23 to Mineola, n22 to RFM, n16 to Rockville Cetre Station, which #1640 had destination sign broken, then took LIRR Babylon to Freeport Station, then stop by at Walgreen to get Walgreen's NICE Product, use restroom, then took n4 back to Jamaica Center. After 10:30pm n4 bus, I hit (E) to (7) home.

Today's journey is (7) to Flushing, n20 to Great Neck, n21 to Searington, n23 to Shin Nara Japanese food, then walk to library, then n23 back to Mineola, n22 to RFM, n15 to Long Beach.

Depends on anti-fracking party, Anti-Frackers might give me ride home.

I'll put full detail report later mainly on NICE Bus.

I

We can hardly wait. What suspense.

Jeezus, you can't make this stuff up...  Will 2 more be sent?  Were these buses being towed from Cali and BOOM or were they already in NICE's possession?  The bus I saw being towed was being towed by a reputable local company, I can't imagine them hitting a low bridge.

The county really doesn't matter the problem is out of area drivers don't understand the NYC area "parkway system."  A lot of times it is some good old country boy who's never been to "the city" (and "the city"to these people is NJ, the borough's, Westchester, Nassau, & Suffolk).  First, the traffic and a**hole/dangerous drivers overwhelms them, they're not from the area and don't know where they're going...  They might be using GPS that is not used for trucks as it works everywhere else in the country...  Looking at directions, a map, or overly checking mirror, and it;s enough to miss a sign the BOOM!

I remember hearing the AM traffic lady saying truck got stuck under a bridge "trucks are NOT supposed to be there!  When will they learn and not hold up our commute!?!"  It really pissed me off because usually it's someone from out of the area who made a mistake not someone who thought "der dee der, I think I can make it anyway..."  I continually hear this idiot who is a newscaster stumble over her words, get tongue tied, who obviously makes mistakes at her job trash another profession who can probably do more in a 60 foot truck than she can in her car.

I don't care where these guys come from. I just can't understand how you can let a GPS overrule large signs saying "low clearance,no trucks",etc.

I remember the DMV tried to start a campaign alerting people who wanted CDLs about low clearance signs and infrastructure.  It seems to have failed completely.

Everyone who lives in this area is pretty well aware, if I live in Nebraska and drive a truck I'm not going to see the campaign the NY DMV is waiting money on...

Everyone who lives in this area is pretty well aware

If that was an attack, that wasn't even subtle.  If it wasn't?  I don't know what the hell you were getting at.

Shouldn't Truck rivers be warned about the Parkways, Low clearance,etc if they know they have a trip going to the NYC area?

Just last March, a trucker managed to get onto the Meadowbrook and he hit an overpass.

I do have to say, though: the state (not necessarily the DMV) DID try to do something to stop these incidents from happening; I don't think it's enough.

If that was an attack, that wasn't even subtle. If it wasn't? I don't know what the hell you were getting at.[\quote]

You need to calm down, why are you so worked up? Have you been hanging out with overly paranoid Rob Lowe?

Not everything is about you! Not everything is an attack on you! And when I "attack someone it usually isn't subtle. My opinion (and probably fact if I researched it) is that most professional drivers in this area are aware of low clearance on the parkways... How could they not be!?!

Edited by Burrstone

It would be a massive construction project, they'd have to lower the roadway under the bridges to make the clearance 14' (or at least 13' 5" Hey, if Obama wants to rebuild the transportation infrastructure why not that? I think the parkways being able to handle trucks/buses should be on the list, considering the parkways have bridges this low because they were built before trucks were so big!

If parkway bridges need replacing they should build bridges with a clearance of at least14 feet

It would be a massive construction project, they'd have to lower the roadway under the bridges to make the clearance 14' (or at least 13' 5" Hey, if Obama wants to rebuild the transportation infrastructure why not that? I think the parkways being able to handle trucks/buses should be on the list, considering the parkways have bridges this low because they were built before trucks were so big!

If parkway bridges need replacing they should build bridges with a clearance of at least14 feet

The bridges on parkways were built low to intentionally ban trucks and buses. Moses didn't want people from the city being bused to "his" parks.

The bridges on parkways were built low to intentionally ban trucks and buses. Moses didn't want people from the city being bused to "his" parks.

well he kinda failed because people can simply just take Long Island Railroad and then transfer to the nice bus. Even if parkways can take buses only the meadowbrook & maybe wantagh not sure would successfully carry a bus route on it that would carry. Maybe SSP but that is a toss up. Edited by qjtransitmaster

well he kinda failed because people can simply just take Long Island Railroad and then transfer to the nice bus. Even if parkways can take buses only the meadowbrook & maybe wantagh not sure would successfully carry a bus route on it that would carry. Maybe SSP but that is a toss up.

You make it sound as if it's really that simple, when its not.