Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to one of the Ex Foothill Transit recently painted just like the rest of the Orion V's http://instagram.com/p/yA0UPHFMY1/?modal=true   Based on the plate # it should have been F1246.

I wonder what the body number will read considering they this was a 1600...  They should have just kept it 1246, that would have been easy for us to spot them.  

I have been wondering about things like title and registration.  If they were waiting for one of these new "Nassau County" plates being issued, I'm sure they could've been issued a temp paper tag...  Now I wonder why Foothill would let it leave with a Cali plate, and why a Cali plate would be put back on it after being painted.  I can't image how or why a California registration a California registration would still be valid.  Unless these buses remain owned and titled to the system in Califormia, just "operated by Transdev/NICE, but that's a HUGE liability for Foothill!  

I wonder what the body number will read considering they this was a 1600...  They should have just kept it 1246, that would have been easy for us to spot them.  

I have been wondering about things like title and registration.  If they were waiting for one of these new "Nassau County" plates being issued, I'm sure they could've been issued a temp paper tag...  Now I wonder why Foothill would let it leave with a Cali plate, and why a Cali plate would be put back on it after being painted.  I can't image how or why a California registration a California registration would still be valid.  Unless these buses remain owned and titled to the system in Califormia, just "operated by Transdev/NICE, but that's a HUGE liability for Foothill!  

Someone was told that the ex Foothill buses would be numbered in the low 1000's. I don't know how reliable the info is, but they I wouldn't be suprised if the Ex Foothill buses kept their numbers minus of course the letter F. 

I'm not sure about the plates, I mean I would assume that they would need New York Plates. Someone on BusChat asked about the Cali plates still being on and someone replied something about since the buses were sold in Cali that they needed the Cali plates. Though the person didn't say if the buses could operate in NY with the Cali plates or they just needed the Cali plates on until they got here. 

WEATHER/TRAFFIC ALERT FOR MONDAY/TUESDAY, JANUARY 26TH/27TH, 2015

NICE SERVICE UDATE!

January 26, 2015

3:30 p.m.

NICE bus plans to operate its normal schedule for this evening's rush hour.  However, with worsening road conditions, customers should plan for the possibility of delays.  Depending on road conditions, service may be curtailed as the evening progresses. 

NICE bus service will be suspended as of 11 p.m. tonight (buses will not leave route’s point of origin after 11 p.m.; buses on the road will finish their routes, road conditions permitting).  NICE anticipates that a.m. service Tuesday will not be provided.  Service will be reinstated as quickly as snow removal efforts allow.  Able-Ride paratransit customers with appointments Tuesday will be rescheduled for later in the week.

A winter weather advisory has been issued for Monday PM (evening to late evening) into Tuesday. The potential of significant snowfall, ice and high winds, and BLIZZARD conditions will make roads treacherous and travel difficult.  Expect road closures (local, Parkways, and the LIE), delays, detours and SEVERELY CURTAILED SERVICE AND SERVICE SUSPENSIONS during the height of the storm, due to hazardous weather and road conditions. Areas expected to be particularly hard hit with road closures are on the North Shore. Expect DETOURS and SERVICE SUSPENSIONS for routes that service the North Shore area: n20/21, n23, n25, n27.  Additionally, coastal flooding in low lying areas is also expected, causing road closures.   Extra caution should be taken while traveling through-out the Long Island area.

ABLE RIDE service will also experience EXTREME DELAYS due to poor road conditions.  Many offices and programs are closing early today and are closed tomorrow.  Please check before riding, and if you need to reschedule, please speak with a reservationist at 516-228-4000.  Please check our website's Service Alerts section as well as our Facebook and Twitter sites @thenicebus for real time service updates.

Upcoming Meetings and Agendas

To comment on the proposed fare increase, click here.

Para hacer comentarios sobre el aumento de tarifas propuesto, haga clic aqui.

Nassau County Bus Transit Committee Hearing:  January 29th, 2015, 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm

Notice-of-Hearings-2015

Spanish Notice-of-Hearings-January-2015

Agenda for 3PM Hearing -1-29-15

Agenda for 6PM Hearing -1-29-15

If you can not attend either of these hearings and would like to leave a comment regarding the possible adoption of the MTA's fare increase, please access this link to our comment card above.

Previous Meetings and Agendas

Transit Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting: December 16th, 10:00 am - noon.   Nassau County Bus Transit Committee Meeting: December 18th, 4:00 pm

Notice-of-Meeting-December-18-2014

Agenda-December-18-2014

Transit Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting:  October 14th, 2014  10:00 am - noon

TAAC-Agenda-October-14th,-2014

Nassau County Bus Transit Committee Meeting -Sept. 30th, 2014  4:00 p.m

Notice-of-Meeting-September-30-2014

Agenda-Sept-30-2014

Transit Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting- August 19th, 2014 10:00 a.m. - noon TAAC-Agenda-8-19-14TAAC-August-19-2014-draft-minutes

Nassau County Bus Transit Committee Meetings- July 9th, 2014 2:00 pm, 5:00 p.m

Notice-of-Hearings-July-9-2014

Aviso-de-reunion

Agenda-7-9-14

july-9th-meeting-notes

To comment on the proposed fare increase, click here

Para hacer comentarios sobre el aumento de tarifas propuesto, haga clic aquí

Transit Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting- July 2nd, 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.

July-22-2014-draft-minutes Transit Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting- June 17th, 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.

TAAC-Agenda-6-17-14

May-20-2014-draft-minutes

Nassau County Bus Transit Committee Meeting-May 14th, 2014 4:00 p.m. 

Notice-of-Meeting-May-14-2014       

Agenda-May-14-2014 

_2.pdf'>Financialdoc1Amend(3)(6)_2     

2014-Annual-Plan-amended-3   

May-2014-meeting-minutes

Nassau County Bus Transit Committee Meeting-March 27th, 2014 4:00 p.m.

Notice-of-Meeting-March-2014_3

Agenda-BTC-3-27-14

Anuncio-y-Temas-Generales

Financial-doc-1_1

NC-Transit-Committee-Meeting-notes-March-27th,-2014

Transit Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting-March 18th, 2014, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

This meeting will be held at the Able Ride Facility located at 700 Commercial Avenue, Garden City, NY.

Presentation Materials - November 19th, 2013

Minutes of the November 19th, 2013 Transit Committee Meeting:

140121_TAAC_Minutes_Eng.pdf

140121_TAAC_Minutes_Spn.pdf

Presentation Materials - December 17th, 2013

BTC Presentation Part One PowerPoint

BTC Presentation Part Two PowerPoint

Third Quarter 2013 BTC.pdf

Transit Committee Meeting Minutes - September 17th, 2013

Minutes of the September 17th, 2013 Transit Committee Meeting:

Transit_Com_9_17_13_Minutes.pdf

Transit Committee Meeting Minutes - June 18th, 2013

Minutes of the June 18th, 2013 Transit Committee Meeting:

Transit_Com_6_18_13_Minutes.pdf

TAAC Meeting Minutes - June 11th, 2013

Minutes of the June 11th, 2013 Transporation Accessibility Advisory Committee Meeting:

TAAC minutes 051413.pdf

2013 Annual Plan, Budget & 5 Year Capital Plan

This presentation was given to the Bus Transit Committe on February 13, 2013:

NICE_2013_AnnualPlan.pdf

Nicebus.com:

WEATHER/TRAFFIC ALERT FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 27TH, 2015

January 27th,

11:30am

Based upon road conditions and manpower availability, we hope to begin restoring some LIMITED bus service on fixed routes early afternoon today. Currently we have reinstated LIMITED LOCAL service on the n4, n6 and n40 routes Only routes that are determined to be passable will be serviced. Given the widespread school, government and business closures, NICE anticipates lower ridership than normal. While some service may be restored on a selective basis, customers should be prepared for the possibility of delays due to road conditions and traffic. NICE reminds passengers to take extra caution disembarking buses and at bus stops.

Based upon road conditions and manpower availability, we hope to begin restoring LIMITED bus service on most fixed routes early afternoon today.  Currently we have reinstated LIMITED LOCAL service on the n1, n4, n6, n14, n15, n19, n20/21, n22, n24, n25, n31/32, n33, n35, n36, n40/41, n48/49, n54/55, n62, n71/72, n73/n74 routes   Only routes that are determined to be passable will be serviced. Given the widespread school, government and business closures, NICE anticipates lower ridership than normal.  While some service may be restored on a selective basis, customers should be prepared for the possibility of delays due to road conditions and traffic.  NICE reminds passengers to take extra caution disembarking buses and at bus stops.

I wonder how bad the North Shore got hit. I probably only got about barely a foot and a half.

Based upon road conditions and manpower availability, we hope to begin restoring LIMITED bus service on most fixed routes early afternoon today.  Currently we have reinstated LIMITED LOCAL service on the n1, n4, n6, n14, n15, n19, n20/21, n22, n24, n25, n31/32, n33, n35, n36, n40/41, n48/49, n54/55, n62, n71/72, n73/n74 routes   Only routes that are determined to be passable will be serviced. Given the widespread school, government and business closures, NICE anticipates lower ridership than normal.  While some service may be restored on a selective basis, customers should be prepared for the possibility of delays due to road conditions and traffic.  NICE reminds passengers to take extra caution disembarking buses and at bus stops.

I wonder how bad the North Shore got hit. I probably only got about barely a foot and a half.

they got wrecked !!!

Has anyone been out?  How are the roads?

If you going to Roslyn Village Deli via n20/n21, it's best to get off at Bryant Av because hill at Clock Tower is very icy. I slipped twice when I was going down hill and up hill.

At south side of Great Neck Station, there is HUGE PILE OF SNOW on corner of Middle Neck Rd (tall size of store)

Edited by FamousNYLover

When I was on 20:54 n22 Jamaica #1827 and around 22:08, we saw police activity with city bus blocking entire Hillside Av. And all buses from 165th St Bus Terminal was coming up north on 168th St, so I stay there until 11:20pm to help out n6 Riders that n6 is picking up on Q17 stop due to police.

There was one man told there was pedestrian hit by the bus AGAIN ON HILLSIDE AV.

The fake Union known as Libru needs to stop being the voice of nice bus riders.Every time there is a newsday/news12 story on nice those idiots are promoting them selves.Newsday/news12 are also guilty of interviewing these idiots.I compare Libru to a 3rd rate organization if I see these idiots in my town I like to give a piece of my mind on nice bus.They do not speak for nice bus hey Libru members u are not a licensed Union.So stop bitching about everything in newsday Libru is useless they talk when they want something but not there when it happens.And yugioh I challenge you to a duel on the n6

The fake Union known as Libru needs to stop being the voice of nice bus riders.Every time there is a newsday/news12 story on nice those idiots are promoting them selves.Newsday/news12 are also guilty of interviewing these idiots.I compare Libru to a 3rd rate organization if I see these idiots in my town I like to give a piece of my mind on nice bus.They do not speak for nice bus hey Libru members u are not a licensed Union.So stop bitching about everything in newsday Libru is useless they talk when they want something but not there when it happens.And yugioh I challenge you to a duel on the n6

Little off-topic, reason SCT riders got Sunday service, because they work with elected officials and got Sunday service on 10 routes.

I said 8 out LIBRU take NICE Bus.

1. 1 LIBRU member cannot make it to our meeting due to issue with Able-Ride and he cannot use fixed-route too much.

2. Aaron is regular Nassau County resident and NICE Bus rider from Lynbrook but he stays in Suffolk County b/c his Long Island Jobs with Justice.

3. Long Beach Street NY Organizer is new LIBRU member. Democrative lawmaker might put him into TAC. Long Beach resident uses NICE Bus/Long Beach bus.

Retired NICE Bus/Veolia Driver/TWU Local 252 member is still LIBRU. Cyndy.

4. Kimberly is also regular Nassau County resident and live in Valley Stream.

5. 1 new member work at Simon Mall Roosevelt Field Malll but live somewhere in Nassau County.

6. Professor Sapile from NCC lives in Queens and depends on LIRR/NICE Bus. She's planning to form new BRU Club at NCC.

7. One Stop&Shop employee near Hicksville/Plainview works with LIBRU.

8. Federal Ex in Hicksville by n22/n48/49 bus stop is LIBRU.

9. Anita- LIBRU, but she uses car, but lives in Brooklyn.

10/11: Two members work for Ethnical Humanist Society.

12. Me, just like Professor Sapile, lives in Jackson Heights, but depends/relies on MTA, Bee-Line Bus, NICE Bus, Suffolk County Transit.

13/14. Nassau County Legislator Carrie Solages and NYS Assembly Member Michaelle Solages.

15. Nassau County Legislator Laura Curran. Her sister takes n35 bus.

15/16. NYS Assembly Member and Senate "Boyles" lives/work Suffolk County and use SCT.

17. Spanish mom with her baby- Works for LIJWJ, but mostly ride car.

18. Another spanish, Nassau County resident. Relies on NICE Bus.

19. Five Borough Transit forum members.

20. City of Data Forum.

21. Riders Alliance, small grassrot organization which is non-profit organization to improve NYC Subway and buses are working with LIBRU since NICE bus/MTA has same farebox problem.

Many former LIB riders support LIBRU and including TWU Local 252, Workers Union 338.

Sorry to tell you, I have to attend Long Island Orchestrating for Nature's Animal right protest at Merrick Fur tomorrow for "Going away party." since Merrick Fur will be ending tomorrow.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Do you really DEPEND on NICE Bus ( As well as Bee Line and SCT) , or do you just ride it for the pleasure of riding it?

The last three ones on your list you mentioned are a joke, just because they seem to listen to what you have to say, doesn't it automatically make it pro- LIBRU (because I, along with others, can't stand LIBRU).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Yes, I do depend and relies to do volunteer work with anti-fracking organization, well as volunteer work with LIONS.

I go more often to Nassau County Library because they have wonderful library service unlike city.

I don't ride for pleasure.

Back to topic, TAC approved fare hike for MetroCard users at TAC meeting.

I meant some Five Borough Transit members.

Edited by FamousNYLover