Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did nice bus stop running N21 on weekends? I just took bus number 1837 left Roosevelt Ave at 522pm & the sign is not working, it is a new orange bus a few ladies ask the driver where is N21 she told them you have to connect to N27 bus, and one lady got on with shopping cart smelling badly and she had a large clear cup, liquid looks like beer, guy next to me said no drinking beer on bus she said it is soda

Also does anybody know last N20 bus to pass great neck tonight I don't want to be left and have to walk to city line to catch q12

Why did nice bus stop running N21 on weekends? I just took bus number 1837 left Roosevelt Ave at 522pm & the sign is not working, it is a new orange bus a few ladies ask the driver where is N21 she told them you have to connect to N27 bus, and one lady got on with shopping cart smelling badly and she had a large clear cup, liquid looks like beer, guy next to me said no drinking beer on bus she said it is soda

Also does anybody know last N20 bus to pass great neck tonight I don't want to be left and have to walk to city line to catch q12

9:20 PM from the LIRR Station

I suggest you keep this in handy:

http://www.nicebus.com/NiceBus/media/NiceBus-Schedules/NiceBus-SchedulesApp/NICE-n20-21_MapSchedule.pdf

Thanks! But 920pm the last bus for a Sunday night? That's way too early...... I am gonna stay here will 11pm I guess I will have to walk to q12 stop by the video store at the city line, another nice bus rider who has nice legs

Not that many people travel on Sundays. They tend to stay within Nassau or visit people in Queens.

Thanks! But 920pm the last bus for a Sunday night? That's way too early...... I am gonna stay here will 11pm I guess I will have to walk to q12 stop by the video store at the city line, another nice bus rider who has nice legs

Early or not, it depends on what NICE provides. Even if it was a weekday, you would still not catch the latest bus (which would be at 10:20 PM). NICE probably doesn't think there's demand, and with its tightened budget, I doubt it'll try to find out.

Early or not, it depends on what NICE provides. Even if it was a weekday, you would still not catch the latest bus (which would be at 10:20 PM). NICE probably doesn't think there's demand, and with its tightened budget, I doubt it'll try to find out.

According to Newsday, or News12, NICE just closed the $5.5 million gap in their budget. They took 3.8million from the Capital and the Countiy contributed 1.7 millon. I'm not sure what they'll do in the future except change schedules.

Nice flyer, famous the nice bus needs big improvements, with Nassau county one of

The richest places in the nation, why doesn't Nassau give more money to nice to run the buses, many people use these buses to go from

Queens to work & visit family, I feel like we the riders are paying a very high price to ride we should have brand new buses and limos

Myself & my parents take the N20 on a regular basic but bus pole doesn't display the time, I have called 311 many times, also I asked downstairs in subway for a Nice bus map and they didn't have one but I got 3 mta bus maps it shows N20 only small in flushing

Why is it called nice bus for?

NICE is a separate transit agency and is neither run by the MTA nor NYC, so they're not going to have times on the pole. 311 is for NYC problems. 

NICE= Nassau InterCounty Express.

Website= www.nicebus.com

They also have the GoMobile app for ios and android.

Today older woman got on n20 bus on Roosevelt ave she mistook n20 bus for q12 because of white & blue bus, I told her this is a nice bus & she had no idea n20 bus is a private line bus now, she wanted to get off on northern blvd the stop before francis Louis bvld myself and 3 other younger people told driver to let this lady off she said it is a honest mistake and the driver wouldn't do her a small favor he was keep saying no I will not open door she had to get off city line, when bus stopped at bell blvd to pick up passengers the older lady tried to exit but driver closed door very fast and put foot on gas, cmon this lady made a mistake got on wrong bus she was upset she wants to call the nice hotline does anybody know the nice bus complain dept hotline? this older lady could have been the bus driver mother or grandmother, I know there are rules but sometimes bus drivers should close one eye and do a favor for older passengers.

It was a honest mistake lady was upset she just got off white flushing van from Chinatown she wanted to visit sister on northern blvd, she made comment saying she likes white flushing can better because the driver drops off where ever passenger wants & she got off bus at city line by greenwood street and she was clearly upset, I asked for

Driver badge number he wasn't wearing one that is a violation of the rules. Famous ny are you a member of the bus rider union? And do you inspect the n20 to make sure it is running? One nice gentleman today on bus told me he is a senior but he paid $2.75 he had no idea he can pay $1.35 I helped him

In response to other comment I made before maybe nice bus should have a sign on bus saying we don't drop

Off passenger in queens

Even with sign, it wouldn't work. It happens on n4, n6, n22 and n24 along Hillside Av portion as well because Q12 bus is very slow, so some people pretend to go to Nassau County. It's same policy like MTA's $6.50 express buses that goes from four boroughs into Manhattan.

Most of the time the nice buses are dirty, cups fast food wrappers bumble gum

On the floor empty beer cans in the back, I think every night somebody should clean sweep and mop bus because sometimes

Even very early in the morning the bus is filty, sometimes

Back smells like beer

It wouldn't work even if bus is cleaned. Majority of bus riders they just throw garbage on floor.

List of Bus Schedules Location:

Freeport Station: n4/4X, n19, n36, n43 and outdated n40/41 schedules.

Rockville Cetre Station: n15, n16/17 and outdated n4/4X schedules.

Great Neck Station: Suppose to have bus schedules for n20/L/21, n25, n26, n57/58 but NICE hasn't put schedules.

Hicksville Station: n20/L/21, n48/49, n78/79, n73/74, n50, n80/81, n22/A/X, n24.

Hempstead Transit Center: n1, n4/4X, n6/6X, n14, n15, n16/17, n19, n20/L/21, n22/A/X, n23, n24, n25, n26, n27, n31/32, n33, n35, n40/41, n43, n45, n46, n47/48/49, n50, n51, n54/55, n62, n70/71/72, n78/79, n80/81, MTA MetroCard Business Envelopes

Mitchel Field Depot at 700 Commercial Av: All routes. You could only pickup bus schedules during business hours.

165th St Bus Terminal/Jamaica: n1, n4/4X, n6/6X, n22/A/X, n24, n26.

Most of Nassau County Libraries and major hotels near NICE Bus routes has schedules.

You could also ask librarians at Station Branch of Great Neck Public Library on 2nd Floor above Waldbuam Supermarket or Lakeville Branch of Great Neck Public Library, next to H-mart to see if they could print n20/L/21 schedules for you.

Sometimes few NICE Bus schedules can be found in deli inside White Plains TransCenter. I don't know who might put schedules.

Edited by FamousNYLover

How do you send a private message to you? Also I tried to sent a picture on this site from my iPhone & it won't upload it ( the picture of the sign on nice bus saying back door isn't working) thanks famous ny lover u seem to be a nice person who helpes people

I'd like to know as well (how to send a private message).

How do you send a private message to you? Also I tried to sent a picture on this site from my iPhone & it won't upload it ( the picture of the sign on nice bus saying back door isn't working) thanks famous ny lover u seem to be a nice person who helpes people

You don't have to sent private message since I added my email on my overview profile info.

Click on user's name to go to their overview information.

Edited by FamousNYLover

There's been a lot of road work on Merrick Road in Lynbrook both near the VS-Lynbrook border and the Lynbrook-RVC border.  A sign posted near the Lynbrook DPW says the construction will start at ~11:00 PM and end at 5:00 AM - it started Monday and will go on until next Friday (19th). The N4 has been running fine so far but I have to wonder what will happen once lanes have to be closed.  That section of Merrick Road has been beat up for over a decade and a half now.