Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 02 September 2015 the n22 bus disc code 1734 was braking down as it headed towards Jamaica but after Roosevelt mall it got worsen...so much a n22 passed the one i was on...i couldn't sustain the wait and got out at 183 st a stop before mines of 179 st (F) station. ..that happens when you drive automatic buses not manually. ..im just saying

Well tome 3 dollars from montauk to westhampton is a realbargain and $2.25 from Orient point to East Hampton by the S92 is. Considered one of the cheapest one way ride pole to pole...were talking about 110 km incomparison it is the same as from New York to Trenton. ..

For example, I mistake took LIRR Montauk Branch and ask two taxi different taxi companies at Hicksville Station, how much to NICE Bus Depot in Garden City cost and they say it's $40 to 700 Commercial Av or $50 to same place. See how cheap NICE Bus is $2.75 fare.

Comparing to $116.50 30-Day MetroCard I uses, if I was taking LIRR  and taxi, I might be spending more than $116, so 30-Day Unlimited MetroCard rides of NYC Subways, NICE Bus and Westchester County Bee-Line Buses are great deal because for instance without using LIRR or MNRR in 1-day, you could from Babylon Station to Peekskill by using NICE Bus, NYC Subway and Bee-Line Buses, etc.

So

Most people who use public transportation on Li & NYC are on a low limited income, that's if the person has any income at all. It is designed to be cheap & affordable. when NYC first started public transportation it was 5 cents for over 40 years. One mayor once made a suggestion all buses & trains in LI & NYC should be FREE. I forgot who I saw it on tv one night. This is why yellow taxi have 50 MTA surcharge to

Fund mta & nice bus companies.

50 cent surchase I mean to say. How do you edit a post?

Mayor Blasio or Mayor Bloomberg did not suggested FREE. It was free aftermath of Hurricane/Blizzard disaster by ordered by Gov Cuomo.

$2.50 extra a week that is ten dollars a month. Some people need that $10 dollars a month for food. People make a choice it's either take the bus or have that bolonga & cheese sandwich.

This Sunday at11 am long beach there is gonna be a a march for better transit no libru CRap I can't attend got work.It will be on riverside and the boardwalk at 11am.

$2.50 extra a week that is ten dollars a month. Some people need that $10 dollars a month for food. People make a choice it's either take the bus or have that bolonga & cheese sandwich.

Could you please stop with this argument?

This scenario/ploy is so played out, having been used in my memory back in the 1980s every time someone threatened to do something about Social Security funding problems.

If you are that low in income, the foodstamp program definitely allows you to qualify, so at least you'll have food coming in.

Now programs like that and other community outreach ones, if you decide to not use them or take advantage of the help, that's on you, and don't blame everyone else for your predicament.

Choices -- including transportation -- are a part of life.  If you CHOOSE, for whatever reason, to use public transportation, you may have to forego something else because of your finances.

I also agree with DetSmart45.

Most people use food stamps or some people signed up for reward cards to get some foods cheaper.

Blind and disabled riders who cannots use fixed-route buses paid $3.75 for Able-Ride paratransit, which is higher than fixed-route.

In my neighborhood Jackson Heights, many supermarkets which we have about 8 supermarkets and they accepted Food Stamps including many deli stores.

Also some people looks for people's garbage to look for recycle bottles and they could exchange bottles for money.

These are example of Food Stamp program.

http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1113/food-stamps

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/1905/Supplemental-Nutrition-Assistance-Progra

http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/SocialServices/SNAPSupplementalNutritionAssistanceProgram.aspx

There are good samitras who volunteers to give out food to poor classes, well as homeless people, or volunteer with church.

If you seen TV, I'm sure you saw the TV commercial to help poor children today by calling hotline, etc. Many folks do and so does many supermarkets.

Edited by FamousNYLover

You just spammed a topic about buses with THREE posts about the homeless in a row.  Stop.

I was only telling John from Flushing about Food Stamp program b/c he don't know how to sent private message and he tells NICE Bus riders don't want to pay another fare and he was comparing to food price.

I was explaint to him there's low income folks apply for Food Stamp Program, so they can save money for bus ride.

Back to NICE Bus, on Wednesday, August 19th, 16:43 n81 Hicksville never showed up at Sunrise Mall.

Few days ago, three n20 buses never showed up at Flushing-Main St.

For some strange reason the N20 during rush hour alway leaves Hicksville in bunches. Like the 5:48 and the 6:02PM. They would leave together and make the same stop, including all the deviations into the colleges. The 2nd N20 will follow the 1st one running empty until Great Neck, where the buses will get full, while the first one is packed. Why do both buses HAVE to enter the colleges, when no one is boarding or deboarding? Isn't one bus enough? Is it against the rules to not enter the colleges?

Edited by Mtatransit

I agree NICE buses should NOT enter the college, not college students have a car or there parents take them, on a side note famous, thank u for the helpfull ideas so the poor people like me can apply for food stamps & get some food, I took N20 nice bus # 1523 to great neck to go to my aunt / grandmother house in great neck she is going to print me conducter exam notice for mta, & also help me apply for food stamp benefits. n20 passed 6 Q12 on norther blvd I don't get why q12 is so slow, n20 fly bye. It's like taking a train compared to q12. Famous nyc conducter exam is out maybe you should apply. I would drive NICE bus but I don't driver license now.