Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

I agree NICE buses should NOT enter the college, not college students have a car or there parents take them, on a side note famous, thank u for the helpfull ideas so the poor people like me can apply for food stamps & get some food, I took N20 nice bus # 1523 to great neck to go to my aunt / grandmother house in great neck she is going to print me conducter exam notice for mta, & also help me apply for food stamp benefits. n20 passed 6 Q12 on norther blvd I don't get why q12 is so slow, n20 fly bye. It's like taking a train compared to q12. Famous nyc conducter exam is out maybe you should apply. I would drive NICE bus but I don't driver license now.

n20 still has to go into all college, especially CW Post because Sunday it alternative between Hicksville and CW Post.

I think it's not illegal for buses to enter colleges.

All n20 bus I rode it, they all enter NYIT. In past, n20 was not allowed to enter NYIT Loop, but currently all n20 bus drivers enters NYIT.

Edited by FamousNYLover

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Famous I am with my aunt we are trying to disable the instant message we can't fiquure it out any suggestions? Thank you

I'm talking about forum Private Message, not other private message.

Back to NICE Bus, I'm currently typing essay from Rate the Ride trip. LIBRU gave me permission to post pictures of our bus ride.

Nice likes passengers to pay with coins.

That's your opinion.

NICE Bus drivers like when people use coins, MetroCard, or Mobile Ticketing.

There are some good drivers that help newcomer how to dip MetroCard into farebox.

When there are sometimes MetroCard read error, some drivers know (MTA) Farebox sometimes have trouble, so they let the passengers on.

That's your opinion.

NICE Bus drivers like when people use coins, MetroCard, or Mobile Ticketing.

There are some good drivers that help newcomer how to dip MetroCard into farebox.

When there are sometimes MetroCard read error, some drivers know (MTA) Farebox sometimes have trouble, so they let the passengers on.

My guess would be that NICE would like it if riders used MetroCard or the Mobile Ticketing that way they wouldn't have to worry about handling and having to keep track of coins after they are removed from the fare box. I know not everyone can afford a MetroCard or has the ablity to use the Movile Ticketing Syatem, just saying that from NICE's point of veiw, it's probably easier for them if the Riders used those over using coins. 

Nice likes passengers to pay with coins.

Doubt it, it's probably a headache having to have the fareboxes cleaned out to retrive the coins when the bus returns to the depot. Or however they get the coins out of the farebox.  

Edited by mac5689

I think nice bus should install more metrocard machines on Long Island so people can buy metrocards instead of carrying around $2.75 in coins

Metrocard is a MTA thing, it would be up to the MTA, not NICE, to install more metrocard machines. 

Here is the trick I do, I pay $2.75 in coins & tell the driver il get paper transfer on my way out, so as I exit great neck I request my paper transfer & then stay about 1 hour & 45 min short stay & walk to Q12 & get a ride back to flushing, all

One one fare.

And I quote from the announcements played on buses...

"Please be reminded that the cash fare for local & limited buses is $2.75, and $6.50 for express buses. Transfers MUST be requested upon payment of the cash fare."

Edited by Fresh Pond

I think nice bus should install more metrocard machines on Long Island so people can buy metrocards instead of carrying around $2.75 in coins

MetroCard, Farebox onboard NICE Bus, Bee-Line Bus, Academy Bus X23/X24 busess, MetroCard Vending Machine at Hempstead Transit Center is owned by (MTA).

They have no control of MetroCard Vending Machine, however (MTA) refuse to provide MetroCard Vending Machine.

Under (MTA) Long Island Bus, former (MTA) driver told us there use to (MTA) MetroCard Van that served Nassau County area.

There are MetroCard Merchants throughout Nassau and Westchester Counties.

https://longislandbusridersunion.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/metrocard-merchants-resource-guide-updated-1-13-15-pdf1.pdf

Metrocard is a MTA thing, it would be up to the MTA, not NICE, to install more metrocard machines. 

Here is the trick I do, I pay $2.75 in coins & tell the driver il get paper transfer on my way out, so as I exit great neck I request my paper transfer & then stay about 1 hour & 45 min short stay & walk to Q12 & get a ride back to flushing, all

One one fare.

Wow!  You should write the Bus Rider's Guide to Being a Scumbag!  Although, no one would buy it because they'd have to chose between buying the book or (everyone say it with me) FOOD!

My guess would be that NICE would like it if riders used MetroCard or the Mobile Ticketing that way they wouldn't have to worry about handling and having to keep track of coins after they are removed from the fare box. I know not everyone can afford a MetroCard or has the ablity to use the Movile Ticketing Syatem, just saying that from NICE's point of veiw, it's probably easier for them if the Riders used those over using coins. 

Doubt it, it's probably a headache having to have the fareboxes cleaned out to retrive the coins when the bus returns to the depot. Or however they get the coins out of the farebox.  

NICE loses a lot of money to the Metrocard.  You're probably right that it's probably a pain in the ass to collect the coins and maintain the farboxex (that they don't even own they lease from the (MTA). I guess the mobile app would probably be their best bet (though, I don't know what related fees NICE must pay).

Also during Sunday, some churches open up their door to feed hungry homeless residents.

Here is another example why many churches or organizations give out free food to low income people.

Back to NICE Bus, I'm organizing NICE Bus schedule change in more detail way.

You just spammed a topic about buses with THREE posts about the homeless in a row.  Stop.

Sadly, this is the only post he's made here that actually enlightened me on something.

They just laid off a bunch of mechanics. Almost no repairs being done in-house anymore.

Where do they send them out?  It sucks for the mechanics but if you can get the work done cheaper outside, oh well...  Unions are sucking the Island dry and costing people jobs!

Hound, are the laid off Mechanics offered driver positions like they were when NICE first started?

Wow!  You should write the Bus Rider's Guide to Being a Scumbag!  Although, no one would buy it because they'd have to chose between buying the book or (everyone say it with me) FOOD!

NICE loses a lot of money to the Metrocard.  You're probably right that it's probably a pain in the ass to collect the coins and maintain the farboxex (that they don't even own they lease from the (MTA). I guess the mobile app would probably be their best bet (though, I don't know what related fees NICE must pay).

Sadly, this is the only post he's made here that actually enlightened me on something.

Where do they send them out?  It sucks for the mechanics but if you can get the work done cheaper outside, oh well...  Unions are sucking the Island dry and costing people jobs!

Hound, are the laid off Mechanics offered driver positions like they were when NICE first started?

NO

Wow! You should write the Bus Rider's Guide to Being a Scumbag! Although, no one would buy it because they'd have to chose between buying the book or (everyone say it with me) FOOD! Hahahahahaha thanks burrstone this made my day.i can't stand John from flushing toilets.

NICE loses a lot of money to the Metrocard. You're probably right that it's probably a pain in the ass to collect the coins and maintain the farboxex (that they don't even own they lease from the (MTA). I guess the mobile app would probably be their best bet (though, I don't know what related fees NICE must pay).

Where do they send them out? It sucks for the mechanics but if you can get the work done cheaper outside, oh well... Unions are sucking the Island dry and costing people jobs!

Well Its safe to say that John from flushing hasn't posted all day