Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are nice buses really that bad shape? ( mechanic wise ) they seem to operate fine too me. I say leave the buses alone just keep

Running them back & forth & see what happenes.

They'll all die and there will be no NICE bus for you.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Are nice buses really that bad shape? ( mechanic wise ) they seem to operate fine too me. I say leave the buses alone just keep

Supposedly the 17 and 1800s are decent, its the 1000s, 1500 and 1600s that are not doing too well, I assume NICE doesn't care since all the Orion Vs will be retired soon so they use there resources to keep up the 17 and 1800s.

Maybe she smells cause she couldn't afford to buy bath accessories.She had to pay her fare.guess what John no one cares stop spamming this fourm with useless information and if u bring up libru I will report you.

Before you continue on your high horse, I will have to say that [in bold] it is a case of pot calling the kettle black.

Before you continue on your high horse, I will have to say that [in bold] it is a case of pot calling the kettle black.

I believe u used this term before. I am not looking for a fight I getting tired of some people that are constantly asking same useless questions repeatedly.The information Is on the web for this person.So if be so kind get involved I myself will posting any further posts but when a repeated person asks the same question its hits a point.

I believe u used this term before. I am not looking for a fight I getting tired of some people that are constantly asking same useless questions repeatedly.The information Is on the web for this person.So if be so kind get involved I myself will posting any further posts but when a repeated person asks the same question its hits a point.

You don't have to reply at all. If you feel that he is bothersome, don't reply to him at all. Just ignore him. I mean, of all the things he's said, that was probably the least offensive of them all. He does have crazy ideas, but I don't think that qualified for a backlash.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I'll fix the buses. All I need is coffee and loads of duct tape

Me too.  I'll take the night shift, all I need is 8-12 beers a shift, a beer tool belt, and a wrench.

All mechanical equipment even the ones tat operate the things that place your boiling pins need regular preventive maintenance..

I've suspect for a while that a couple of members (especially John from Flushing) are former regulars here trying to spam this section to obliteration in order to grow another site. 

Me too. I'll take the night shift, all I need is 8-12 beers a shift, a beer tool belt, and a wrench.

All mechanical equipment even the ones tat operate the things that place your boiling pins need regular preventive maintenance..

I've suspect for a while that a couple of members (especially John from Flushing) are former regulars here trying to spam this section to obliteration in order to grow another site.

I wouldn't be surprised if I had to guess probably that dummy Brett.

I know the rules say not to play Moderator, but FWIW, John from Flushing has every right to ask the questions/make the observations that he does -- even if they may sound off the wall, odd, repetitive, or whatever to anyone else.

He doesn't personally attack anyone, his posts don't fall into "spam" AFAIC, and with only 300-some odd posts, it's not as if he's replying to everything here to boost his post count.

Tom Meadow, OTOH, seems to fit that picture.  Just going by the posts he has made, not by me making a character judgment.  And, it seems, Tom has some sort of penchant for singling out John from Flushing's posts in making rude comments and the like, out of the others not just in this forum but across the NYCTF site.  All of this can be seen from post history.

Best advice was from BM5 -- ignore and move on.  Because really, Tom Meadow, your posts would lead to more reporting for breaking forum rules than what John from Flushing has put up.

I know the rules say not to play Moderator, but FWIW, John from Flushing has every right to ask the questions/make the observations that he does -- even if they may sound off the wall, odd, repetitive, or whatever to anyone else.

He doesn't personally attack anyone, his posts don't fall into "spam" AFAIC, and with only 300-some odd posts, it's not as if he's replying to everything here to boost his post count.

Tom Meadow, OTOH, seems to fit that picture. Just going by the posts he has made, not by me making a character judgment. And, it seems, Tom has some sort of penchant for singling out John from Flushing's posts in making rude comments and the like, out of the others not just in this forum but across the NYCTF site. All of this can be seen from post history.

Best advice was from BM5 -- ignore and move on. Because really, Tom Meadow, your posts would lead to more reporting for breaking forum rules than what John from Flushing has put up.

Detsmart this has nothing to do with you please stay out of this.also I did not mention his name in previous post read the post get your facts straight Now back to the fourms Edited by Tom Meadow

I saw a NICE bus today with the back cover and the front door open (while the bus was moving). Is that common?

I never seen NICE Bus operate with front door open, but I have seen back engine cover open lot.

I have been on Transport of Rockland's local bus which was driving with front door and so does many sightseeing double-decker bus.

Shouldn't be a big deal driving with front door open.  Our operators usually do it during the "before-season" activation of the A/C to help with air circulation, as well as having the roof vents tipped.

Anyone ringing the bell and coming up front for next stop, they close the door for safety.

And in that BRIEF clip above, no passengers were endangered by the door being open, but with it being posted by "PinePower", I'm sure everyone thinks ten people fell off and were run over, and a senior lady lost her wig in the melee. <_<

EDIT: nvm ... caught myself being snarky and thought otherwise

Edited by DetSMART45