Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does that even happen?

The B/O probably didn't check the fuel gauge before they left the depot. Or the fuel gauge was broken and showed it had enough when it didn't.

No respectable company should ever have to deal with that.  I can deal with a bus being behind on maintenance, but to not have enough fuel to make it that far through a shift?

I honestly do even know. that's NICE for you lmao taking f**kery to a whole nother level.

Once again, NICE might cut service and eliminate low ridership routes this January because of a deficit. I blame Nassau lawmakers for their short sighted decision to waste the money they gave NICE on bringing back most of the eliminated routes.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/nice-citing-budget-deficit-eyeing-service-cuts-again-1.12637333

On November 18th, when I got off late 3:55pm n81 Hicksville a#1742 t Hicksville Station at 5:08pm on my way to LIRR to n23 bus, 5:22pm n22 Jamaica Local #1657 I think skipped first stop, skipping waiting the passengers which they were angry and saying, "What the hell?" and I said to driver loud enough, "You skipping passengers at first stop!"

According to the website the following routes will be eliminated on January 15 due to low ridership: n6x trips between Hempstead and NCC, n48 shuttles between Hicksville and Jericho Quad, all the shuttles, n51, and n80/81

http://nicebus.com/Passenger-Information/Schedule-Changes.aspx

Edited by NY1635

I can sympathize with them on that one. n6x isn't really utilized during off peak hours. I'd keep the 1:00 1:20 1:40 westbound trips. They fill up a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The N19,36,45,54/55 will also be eliminated. Also,the Rockville Ctr. depot will be shut down entirely.

The N19,36,45,54/55 will also be eliminated. Also,the Rockville Ctr. depot will be shut down entirely.

I've heard that the n19 and 36 would be eliminated thru someone else along with RVC depot shutting down thru newsday. The n45, 54/55 getting eliminated is news. Can they at least keep the n54?

Edited by NY1635

I can sympathize with them on that one. n6x isn't really utilized during off peak hours. I'd keep the 1:00 1:20 1:40 westbound trips. They fill up a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

As someone who takes the 1:40 n6X trip to get home from school, I can confirm that the run gets ridership. Sometimes, it's standing room only.