Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant male driver on 12:15 n20 #1855 left 3 minutes early from Great Neck Station to CW Post. He departed Flushing at 12:24, 1 minute early.

I was at Flushing at 11:51.

Wow, 1 minute early at Flushing. The world is gonna end now!

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. If he departed 10 minutes early I would've agreed but 1 friggin' minute, what's the big deal. Same for 3 minutes. Maybe on something like the N77 it would lead to a missed connection but the N20 is frequent enough.

Wow, 1 minute early at Flushing. The world is gonna end now!

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. If he departed 10 minutes early I would've agreed but 1 friggin' minute, what's the big deal. Same for 3 minutes. Maybe on something like the N77 it would lead to a missed connection but the N20 is frequent enough.

No one wants to wait at the bus stop, as I said before I agree with buses coming 10 minutes early as you said.  But 1, 2, 3 minutes?  Come on, school children have to be at their bus stop before and adults have a problem showing up 5 minutes before?  Seriously!?!  Yes, I understand people may get out of work at certain times, but if you get done 5 minutes before the bus comes there is no way you're making it.

Some NICE riders wait for 20 minutes before schedule arrival time, because some riders don't trust NICE Bus.

Yeah, but if a bus comes 2-3 minutes earlier, we don't need a complaint from LIBRU or a complaint on this forum every time. If a bus is within 10 minutes (early or late) of its scheduled time, it is because of the lights in Nassau that's it not directly on schedule on the dot. You and LIBRU need to stop blaming the drivers.

Yeah, but if a bus comes 2-3 minutes earlier, we don't need a complaint from LIBRU or a complaint on this forum every time. If a bus is within 10 minutes (early or late) of its scheduled time, it is because of the lights in Nassau that's it not directly on schedule on the dot. You and LIBRU need to stop blaming the drivers.

It's borderline bus operator bashing with those guys. You got a problem with NICE or Veolia that's fine, but leave the ops alone! They have nothing to do with senior management, they work hard every day to put food on the table and pay the bills. Them being a little early/late doesn't mean you have to complain to NICE just because you don't like them and expect your complaints to bring back (MTA) Long Island Bus. In the last months of LIB, runs were going out 20+ minutes late!

If LIBRU is supposed to be such a good union for the riders then they should be fair and also say nice stuff about NICE when they deserve it. But I've yet to hear one nice word out of 'em.

And yes, they shouldn't always blame the ops. Only when they can prove the ops are at fault.

So far, I'm unimpressed with 'em and I'm not even living in or near LI (yet) so that says a lot lol.

Edited by Vistausss

I cannot afford to take LIRR because it's expensive.

My mom gave me money for Whole Foods shopping and lunch time snack when I go to LIBRU meeting, well as train money, but not always.

well maybe if the great charlene obernaur would do her thing at jobs with justice, and get you a job so you could afford the lirr, but then why would she, you do her bidding for her for the sham libru bitching about any little thing that goes wrong

joe

It's borderline bus operator bashing with those guys. You got a problem with NICE or Veolia that's fine, but leave the ops alone! They have nothing to do with senior management, they work hard every day to put food on the table and pay the bills. Them being a little early/late doesn't mean you have to complain to NICE just because you don't like them and expect your complaints to bring back (MTA) Long Island Bus. In the last months of LIB, runs were going out 20+ minutes late!

I agree with what you say BUT when  driver is 10 minutes early he/she is not doing his/her job, they are just shitting on the rider and I won't take the union song and dance that they are just working hard to put food on the table.  They are screwing over other hard working people, this was a problem with LIB and seems to still be a problem with certain senior drivers.  Even after this was in the news and Setzer said it had to stop you'd think it would stop but I've noticed the same people doing the same things.

The only thing I've seen is buses get to major transfer points early and wait until the allowed time and go.  What about everyone they left behind before they got to the major transfer point?

This really needs to stop and what I'm concerned about is the LIBRU is going to take this and turn it into a joke bitching about buses that are 1,2,3 minutes early.  I'm worried that the LIBRU is going to allow the powers to dismiss this problem as the LIBRU bitching about ridiculous shit while the real problem is swept under the rug and allowed to continue. 

well maybe if the great charlene obernaur would do her thing at jobs with justice, and get you a job so you could afford the lirr, but then why would she, you do her bidding for her for the sham libru bitching about any little thing that goes wrong

joe

Most jobs required college degreed.

I asked MET Museum if I could volunteer, but they told me I have to have college degree. 

I don't really see the nice part of that. But I'm not talking about some forum post, I'm talking nice in general. Of course NICE isn't perfect, neither was LIB. But that doesn't mean you can only bitch about every little thing that goes wrong. As a union, you should know that you also need to give them credit for things they do right. That's how other rider unions work. NICE deserves to get credit for things they do right as much as a dirty look for things they don't do right (like I said: no company is perfect). But not for every little thing.

Edited by Vistausss

Yeah, being anything more than 5 minutes early, there really isn't an excuse for because of the slowness of the bus and the amount of lights they get stuck at.

I asked MET Museum if I could volunteer, but they told me I have to have college degree.

No, not all jobs require a college degree, Maybe only the ones you looked at and wanted, but there are jobs at stores and supermarkets that probably don't require any experience at all.

Yea, I was also thinking of supermarkets for him, many entry level supermarket jobs don't require any experience at all.  If he looked he'd probably find something part time to at least give him some extra money for his hobby.  

Indeed. But it has to be in his own town else he'd be dependent on NICE for going to and coming from work which means more LIBRU hate lol.

Edited by Vistausss

err what is stopping you from getting one?

I agree with what you say BUT when  driver is 10 minutes early he/she is not doing his/her job, they are just shitting on the rider and I won't take the union song and dance that they are just working hard to put food on the table.  They are screwing over other hard working people, this was a problem with LIB and seems to still be a problem with certain senior drivers.  Even after this was in the news and Setzer said it had to stop you'd think it would stop but I've noticed the same people doing the same things.

The only thing I've seen is buses get to major transfer points early and wait until the allowed time and go.  What about everyone they left behind before they got to the major transfer point?

This really needs to stop and what I'm concerned about is the LIBRU is going to take this and turn it into a joke bitching about buses that are 1,2,3 minutes early.  I'm worried that the LIBRU is going to allow the powers to dismiss this problem as the LIBRU bitching about ridiculous shit while the real problem is swept under the rug and allowed to continue. 

Then the bus schedules need to be adjusted to reflect actual speed of the bus and run time. Put checkers on the buses to see how fast they really are.

Then the bus schedules need to be adjusted to reflect actual speed of the bus and run time. Put checkers on the buses to see how fast they really are.

I really don't think it is a problem or the same line/same times to go through all this (all though the new GPS will track this soon).  I think it's more of A) luck, the driver hit no traffic and no red lights. B) It's the same drivers who will leave early, speed like, not give a shit.  I say this bc I see the n19 several times a day and certain drivers will always be early run after run but other drivers will be right on time or a few minutes late.  Hmm..

No need to adjust schedules, if a driver is running more than 5 minutes early they need to pull over and wait.  It's that simple.  I find it amazing that even after this hit the media and gotten a direct order from setzer not to run early some drivers are still doing this.  This is a total lack of respect for upper management, the riders, and an attitude that they can do what they want bc the system is there to give them a job, not what the system is designed to do: give rides to those in the community that need it.

IMHO any driver that is caught blatantly or frequently running 5+ minutes early needs to warned, if caught doing it again they need and deserve to be terminated.  Seriously, what service is a driver doing for the riders if they pass the bus stop early and leave them behind?

Soon after I got off delayed 16:30 n25 Lynbrook at Franklin Sq at 17:26, I went to Franklin Sq bus stop for n2/8.

After, I got $1 H2O from deli, I was at bus stop at 17:32, 7 minutes early from 17:38 bus, however this male driver on 17:38 n8 #1791 left 4 minutes early without me. I had an important event to attend at Elmont High School, which event was called "Taste of World" at Elmont High School invited by Solage's facebook page, so I was forced to wait for next one, 17:48 n2 Green Acres Loop #1829, which was 11 min lates at 17:59 and suppose to arrive Dutch Broadway/Elmont Rd at 18:40, but arrived 18:41.

After Solages invited as guest, I ate lot of food.

Around 20:25, I had to get dessert to go and rush to n1 bus stop and guess what bus was on 20:30 n1 Elmont? #1809. I guess n25 and n1 interline.

Can't really fault a driver for running less than 5 min early. The problem with LIBRU is focus, they simply don't have any. They need to pick a major problem and stick with it. The problem with Glen Cove service on weekends with the n27 should've been their main cause, but instead they branch into all these other little issues and also don't try and work with NICE to resolve them. While drivers running early, wheelchair lifts, and announcements are issues, they are not issues I would make a priority. I would reach out to riders who have been affected by the April changes last year, such as those on the n27, who now often have to add an hour to their trip thanks to frequent missed connections in Roslyn. The solution is simple, have the n27 run to RF on weekends, and on Saturdays have the n20 Roslyn trips go to CW Post like they do on Sunday so they have to only wait 30 in case of a missed Flushing connection. All NICE has to do is add one bus to the n27, and 2 buses should cover the weekend service between RF and Glen Cove (60 min headways).

But LIBRU doesn't do these things and is just like a whining baby (sorry Yuki). I just dont think NICE is aware of how some of their changes have had negative impacts. Sure they've pissed me off numerous times, but not everything they have done is bad. They are doing a better job marketing bus service (like to Jones Beach) and are communicating better with riders via social media. And yes they are doing more with less, even if I haven't been crazy about some of their drivers. 

Soon after I got off delayed 16:30 n25 Lynbrook at Franklin Sq at 17:26, I went to Franklin Sq bus stop for n2/8.

After, I got $1 H2O from deli, I was at bus stop at 17:32, 7 minutes early from 17:38 bus, however this male driver on 17:38 n8 #1791 left 4 minutes early without me. I had an important event to attend at Elmont High School, which event was called "Taste of World" at Elmont High School invited by Solage's facebook page, so I was forced to wait for next one, 17:48 n2 Green Acres Loop #1829, which was 11 min lates at 17:59 and suppose to arrive Dutch Broadway/Elmont Rd at 18:40, but arrived 18:41.

After Solages invited as guest, I ate lot of food.

Around 20:25, I had to get dessert to go and rush to n1 bus stop and guess what bus was on 20:30 n1 Elmont? #1809. I guess n25 and n1 interline.

So you're telling us the N2 was 11 minutes late in rush hour? Wow, never would've expected that  :rolleyes:

For once I agree with PinePower now that he actually made a reasonable post! :)