Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever was driving 1709 on the N20 Limited to Flushing today had no idea what he was doing. I was behind him and he was stopping short,kept braking and speeding up, and almost hit another car at Douglaston Pkwy.

Today, after handing out some n87 schedule to 8:15 n20l Hicksville, 11:10 n73 Wantagh, 11:40 n73 Hicksville, 12:40 Bellmore, 15:10 n46 Hempstead, 16:08 n6x Jamaica, lots of riders were happy, especially on n73/74, n50, n46 route.

I even handed out flier I made for meeting for Able-Ride and TAC meeting as well.

When I was on 16:08 n6x Jamaica, who was the male driver who did the first 9:20 n87 Jones Beach on Sunday the 26th and yesterday.

We were delay by police activity and next at New Hyde Park Rd, n6 local was surrended by 3 Nassau Police. I asked my friend and that male B/O was from MTA.

I hope he doesn't get fired.

Whoever was driving 1709 on the N20 Limited to Flushing today had no idea what he was doing. I was behind him and he was stopping short,kept braking and speeding up, and almost hit another car at Douglaston Pkwy.

I wonder if he drives the n24 because that sounds just like a driver I've had on the n24, same driving style.

Today, after handing out some n87 schedule to 8:15 n20l Hicksville, 11:10 n73 Wantagh, 11:40 n73 Hicksville, 12:40 Bellmore, 15:10 n46 Hempstead, 16:08 n6x Jamaica, lots of riders were happy, especially on n73/74, n50, n46 route.

I even handed out flier I made for meeting for Able-Ride and TAC meeting as well.

When I was on 16:08 n6x Jamaica, who was the male driver who did the first 9:20 n87 Jones Beach on Sunday the 26th and yesterday.

We were delay by police activity and next at New Hyde Park Rd, n6 local was surrended by 3 Nassau Police. I asked my friend and that male B/O was from MTA.

I hope he doesn't get fired.

What the hell are you talking about?

Had a driver who drove like this before, too.

What the hell are you talking about?

I meant to say there was police activity at one of stores delay our 16:08 n6x Jamaica trip due to traffic slowdown, then when we got to New Hyde Park Rd stop, n6x had to stop on east side b/c our usual bus stops were blocked by another n6 local bus was involved in different incident with 3 police cars surrendering that bus, with dispatcher on the scene as well.

The calmer the operator both behind the wheel and with passengers, the better off everyone is.  I've noticed that the ones who keep mashing the gas are the ones who end up getting stuck anyway while the ones who just coast at 30 get to places on time more often.

Yesterday, after taking ride on 9:58 n6x Hempstead to Franklin Sq for copy place, followed by 9:30 n6 Hempstead (after I made 100 copies from Accurate Printing Copy which cost $2 for 100 copies. At 10:08, 9:30 n6 Hempstead little late, and next I took n49 Hempstead at 12pm, after quick stop at Hempstead Library, then went I got to Hicksville Station at 12:31, one chinese lady at n20 stop told me 12:01 n20 Flushing nerver showed up. 13:01 n20 Flushing was very nice driver, even thought he was speedy. He even waiting for his passenger running for bus.

Another accident? Sure seems to be alot lately, heard of one on the n19 and in Manhasset last week. The roads seem to be getting more dangerous lately.

Yeah, that was posted on Subchat. However, I don't know why they reported the bus from the accident in Manhasset being towed north into Manorhaven.

Drastic measures need to be taken in Nassau & Suffolk Counties over people who don't treat driving as seriously as it should be!   I am not even kidding when I say Cuomo needs to call a state of emergency on the dangerous driving in Nassau and Suffolk county...  Either all driving convictions need to "non tolerance" suspending licences upon conviction for 30 days OR immediately make everyone living in Nassau and Suffolk a written test again.  If you can't pass the written test  you have no business driving, and you won't be driving until you can pass the test.

I know I may get shit for this or told I'm over reacting/making too big a deal, but why do people have to die everyday, out your lives in danger, you family and friends lives in danger because Nassau, Suffolk, and the State will do nothing!?!

Drastic measures need to be taken in Nassau & Suffolk Counties over people who don't treat driving as seriously as it should be!   I am not even kidding when I say Cuomo needs to call a state of emergency on the dangerous driving in Nassau and Suffolk county...  Either all driving convictions need to "non tolerance" suspending licences upon conviction for 30 days OR immediately make everyone living in Nassau and Suffolk a written test again.  If you can't pass the written test  you have no business driving, and you won't be driving until you can pass the test.

I know I may get shit for this or told I'm over reacting/making too big a deal, but why do people have to die everyday, out your lives in danger, you family and friends lives in danger because Nassau, Suffolk, and the State will do nothing!?!

Oh why oh why do those NICE buses have to suffer damage everday? Oh woo is me! PREACH IT BROTHA.

1748 was in an accident in Hicksville. It collided with another car near the intersection where the n22 makes the turn to begin its route.

I know that intersection all too well.  A lot of times, cars waiting to make that left have to wait until the light turns red because there's so much traffic coming down the other way.  It's also a great sight watching N22s cut cars off behind it trying to get into the lane.

But in all seriousness, where the hell are people getting their licenses?  Was I misinformed about what to do during a road test when I turned 17?  It sure as hell seems like it, because drivers here have gotten a lot worse since then...

Edited by Joel Up Front

I came within a foot of being hit by an SUV in Bellmore last week crossing Sunrise Highway at Bellmore Ave. I was on the E side of the intersection crossing south. I had the walk sign, but the left turning cars kept going despite the green arrow going off, and some woman in an SUV went thru and cursed at me, and came within a foot of hitting me. She drove off and I couldn't get a clear photo of the license plate. Later that week I noticed the same problem, once the left turn arrow goes off, the cars turning from s/b Bellmore to e/b Sunrise keep going, resulting in alot of honking from n/b traffic. The motorists here are the worst, and they are getting even more worse. Almost everyday there are near misses on the bus. Motorists often like to pull out in front of the bus at driveways, or cut off the buses as they pull out of bus stops. As far as that turn with the n22, it's dangerous because the n22 has to get all the way over to the left and impatient motorists try to cut it off, then there's the left turn onto W.John which has alot of s/b traffic to contend with and a short green arrow. The n22 stop could be moved farther south under the tracks (where the n24 & n79 stop) to give more time for the bus to get over. But the combination of dangerous motorists and some of the worst traffic signals in the nation make things bad for buses. I see the red light cameras going up everywhere but they dont address the other issues with motorists. Also messed up traffic lights make motorists even more impatient. The traffic lights and cameras should be controlled from a central location, to help with traffic flow and spot dangerous motorists before they cause an accident.