Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

n2

And I bet you're complaining for them on the NICE Facebook page, right!? No wonder NICE ignores alot of stuff you post on their page...

Depends on how many passengers that is. You can't please everyone but if it's quite a bunch complaining than they should complain directly at NICE. The more people that complain directly, the bigger the chance they will look into it.

Furthermore I agree with Brett, although I guess that was pretty obvious given the rep vote.

n26 carries lots of passengers.

Every n26 bus I have seen is SRO.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n2

n26 carries lots of passengers.

Every n26 bus I have seen is SRO.

That doesn't mean every passenger wants the time changed. If the bus is SRO or even no room, that means a majority of them would not want it changed to a later time because they're on that bus then anyway.

June 23rd schedule changes are up:

http://nicebus.com/Passenger_Information/June_23rd_Schedule_Changes/index.html

June 23rd Schedule Changes

NICE will make schedule changes on multiple routes on Sunday, June 23, 2013. The majority of these changes are very small timetable adjustments. Starting June 24th, the n2/8 will revert back to its 2012 route along Covert Avenue, and will no longer travel to Franklin Square along Hempstead Turnpike.

NOTE: The following schedules only take effect on June 23rd, 2013. Click any route below to download a timetable pdf.

Affected Weekday Routes:

n1   n25   n51

n2/8   n26   n57/58

n15   n31/32   n70/71/72

n19   n35   n78/79

n22/A/L/X   n40/41

Affected Saturday Routes:

n2/8   n15   n43

n4   n23   n48/49

n6   n33   n54/55

Affected Sunday Routes:

n15   n33   n40/41

Welcome back Saturday n48!

Noticeable things (or not)

N31: Midday Service extended to Hempstead (weekdays)

N48: Saturday Service back

N19: Two summer only trips (how does that work in terms of interlining)

N33: Weekend Service now every 30 instead of 90 minutes.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

They finally got the message that those N31 short turns (or whatever you call them) at Lynbrook were almost empty?  Jeez...

N33 service was every 60 minutes since the December schedule change, it was 30 minutes before then.

And whats with the n2/8 routing always being changed almost every service change. I wonder if the Hempstead Tpke Routing even had any riders.

Had the n8 been a Hempstead to Green Acres route like originally planned by the MTA, it wouldnt be as bad as now.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

When you get to those QB or NB lights, you sure as hell will get bored waiting for the light to change. Quite creative, lol.

So? That's no excuse for a B/O to have his eyes off the road, even if he is inching along the road. The bus is still in motion.

Most drivers does that, including MTA operators.

OH RIGHT! I forgot, because the (MTA) does it, that its OK for the B/O to take his eyes off the road and catch up on the sports section.

Most drivers does that, including MTA operators.

I've also see drivers do that in my country and even a few in Belgium. Doesn't mean it's okay. They should keep their eyes on the road at all times. At a terminal, it's okay if they read the newspaper while people board but not in congested traffic. Doesn't matter that probably every company has o/ps that do that.

So yesterday was a bad day for me and nice, I haven't been on a nice bus in months and I had to go to Roosevelt field, got to hillside ave and Francis Lewis at 2:10, the first and only n22 showed up at 3:30, one n24 showed up but it broke down. Next, well, simultaneously, from 2:30 to 3:10 there were no n6 buses, the line stretched from the corner to all the way passed the n22 stop. When the bus finally got there somehow I squeezed in and we didn't stop till new Hyde park, the look of pissed off people as we flew by them. Wow, the bus driver called his command center and the conversation lasted two seconds. I asked the driver what happened he shrugged his shoulder and said its normal for buses to be missing, he hasn't had a normal work day since joining nice. He claims and I don't know how valid the claim is but there are drivers at nice who go to the depot and stay there because of buses that are broken down and runs just go missing. Whatever happened yesterday though was a new low.

He claims and I don't know how valid the claim is but there are drivers at nice who go to the depot and stay there because of buses that are broken down and runs just go missing. Whatever happened yesterday though was a new low.

In that case they probably did that under LIB too since half of the NICE drivers are former LIB drivers, as was pointed out recently in this thread.