Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question guys, is it possible to catch a 2000 Orion V CNG at 165th Terminal? Thanks!

yes its possible i think

also why is there 2 different kind of 2003 li bus map with one showing n8 going to hempstead and n93 to fortune loop while the other verision(mta verison) does not

I have a question guys, is it possible to catch a 2000 Orion V CNG at 165th Terminal? Thanks!

yes its possible i think

Yes it is possible, you may also want to head over to Parsons/Archer there are usually a decent amount of V's on the n4.  Prob the best time to spot a particular bus is during the AM or PM rush hours, more buses are on the road so statistically you'll have a better chance of spotting whatever you're looking for.

Today, I got on excellent driver on 10:15 n4 Freeport #1775, female blonded lady with curly hairs and African-color like. She was safe and professional driver and she was right on schedule despite crowded n4 bus ride.

Is this gonna count for LIBRU statistics? Because it is rare that you post such an enthusiatic comment about NICE (bus drivers) :)

Edited by Vistausss

Of course its possible, but its even more possible that it will break down as well!

Please explain more and show the maps.

see the map that has the n8 to hempstead and n93 fortune loop www.transalt.org/files/resources/libus.pdf and the mta verision www.web.archive.org/web/20100214225922/http://mta.info/libus/maplibus.pdf

Edited by Mtatransit

I'm moving to Lakeview on the 15th... Its gonna be interesting taking NICE Bus everyday.

I have a lot of options to get to Jamaica at least.

I can take the N15 to:

Rockville Centre for the N4

Roosevelt Field for the N22/A/X

Hempstead for the N6

This is gonna be interesting...

I'm moving to Lakeview on the 15th... Its gonna be interesting taking NICE Bus everyday.

I can take the N15 to:

Hempstead for the N6

I would use the N6 option: the N4 isn't all that frequent especially during the off peak and the N15 routing from Hempstead to RFM is roundabout.

I can take the N15 to:

Hempstead for the N6

Like hell it is.

Is this gonna count for LIBRU statistics? Because it is rare that you post such an enthusiatic comment about NICE (bus drivers) :)

She was also humming beautiful song while focusing on the road.

At Lynbrook, 5 corners, one of passenger played loud music and after she told him "many times to turn off the volume." She fit same category as the good NJT driver.

I can take the N15 to:

Hempstead for the N6

Speaking of which you could also connect to the N24.

Also, because of headways alone I'd recommend the N15 to N4. Just my opinion.

N15 to the N4 is quicker than going anywhere north of Hempstead Turnpike.  You do get a one-seat ride to the mall but taking the 22 and 24 that far up from Lakeview isn't worth it.  Maybe do it on a day you know you have nothing else to do because the N15 to the 22/24 will be a one and a half hour ride as compared to at most 45 minutes (mainly because of the wait) on the N15 to the N4.

Has anyone heard anything about there supposedly being a "latch defect" on the Orion VIIs that could cause the back cover to open up on its own? Supposedly, some drivers at NICE have experienced that, but I haven't heard about the problem anywhere else, like from Orion or the (MTA) .

Also, I saw 1838 today like this on the n23:

IMG_1505a.jpg

Well I seen it at Suffolk Transit once with a VII. They should be doing that on the V's as 1653 conked out on me while stopping at stop sign in Bellmore today. The engine sounded like it was ready to quit for awhile with the a/c on until it finally did, once we got going again the a/c was shut off. Maybe NICE should remove the engine covers from the V's in the summer to keep 'em cool.

Edited by PinePower

Has anyone heard anything about there supposedly being a "latch defect" on the Orion VIIs that could cause the back cover to open up on its own? Supposedly, some drivers at NICE have experienced that, but I haven't heard about the problem anywhere else, like from Orion or the (MTA) .

Also, I saw 1838 today like this on the n23:

****Pic****

That might explain Why I saw 1739 on the n49 like that.