Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, I just came across this video. That b/o on the n1 (halfway the video) must've had training at the Ferrari factory lol. Damn, and I thought b/o's in Belgium were fast as lightning but this guy beats most of 'em.

I'm suprised he was able to do that with a V. Maybe he shut the a/c off.

Ah, I see :)

Btw: I sure hope that fire Tom is talking about isn't true. When a CNG bus catches fire it doesn't look pretty as you can see here: http://www.regio15.nl/actueel/lijst-weergave/20-branden/13972-aardgasbus-in-brand-wittenburgerweg

(that was a Veolia CNG bus here in The Netherlands, it wasn't even 2 years old by the time it caught fire last year)

Edited by Vistausss

Do all CNG tanks have those valves? May not be such a good idea having a giant flamethrower on the top of the bus. Good thing this this was not a busy area and there were no buildings around. That tank blowing like that would've made some rocket.

I think it's required so they can empty the gas in an emergency.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

NICE bus no longer turns right on red. When did this happen? I was sitting on the bus the other day sitting at a light waiting to turn right and I'm thinking "why the **** isn't this guy going" as nothing was coming. Yesterday I saw 1772 had two stickers on the right and left hand side of the bus the left said "THIS VEHICLE STOPS AT ALL RAILROAD CROSSINGS" the right said "THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT TURN ON RED."

Thats not new, although senior drivers will turn on red anyway. It started sometime last year. New drivers will usually follow the rule, but most don't. Like the turn onto Zeckendorf Blvd on the n22 and n24 from Hicksville heading into Roosevelt Field, that light is a long red but drivers who know what they're doing will make the turn anyway.

I wonder if NICE is actively enforcing the rule or just protecting itself (i.e. if you turn right on red and an accident occurs you're liable)

Huh, I take the n19 and n4 the most, so not many turns...  When did the stickers start/

Thats not new, although senior drivers will turn on red anyway. It started sometime last year. New drivers will usually follow the rule, but most don't. 

I wonder if NICE is actively enforcing the rule or just protecting itself (i.e. if you turn right on red and an accident occurs you're liable)

It's more than that, they'd be liable anyway now they have these bright stickers on the back of the buses screaming SUE NICE if an accident occurs.  I don't know why certain senior drivers refuse to follow the rules?  Everyone has to follow rules and regulations at work, why do these people feel the rules are meant for someone else (like many drivers on the road on Long Island)?  Not only are they stubborn, they are a liability!

I think the n43 and n45 should be in one schedule, as well as the n46-49 (it'll save some ink).

No.

It should be n16/n17 should be combined like MTA LIB schedule.

n14/n62

n25/n26 schedule should be combined also.

n87/n88 schedules combined with Jones Beach schedule spot to included at West Bathouse, Central Mall and East Bathhouse.