Bus Overhaul Thread

ciboii22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned these in the Random Thoughts sections but for QV thus far for the new painting scheme it's:

And besides the re-paints, I can pretty much tell these were OH due to the sound of their engines although they sound a bit different for some.

I wonder if they did the Blackbacked RTS. #4907 doesn't look like it has been repainted for a good few years now.

3/20/12 Edit: Just witnessed #6447 on the (Q46) w/the new scheme & it looks good too!

They must be really doing some work to those overhauled hybrids. Rode 6395 today, best ride on an NYC buses in many years, and I take a ton of buses. B/O was loving it, never seen an op grin from ear to ear as much as he did in that bus. Thing wasn't just overtaking buses but taxis, cars, everything. Literally had the pedal to the metal, really good stuff. Unbelievably fast bus, at least as fast as 4430 (probably my favorite hybrid until now).

6422-6423 also overhauled and decaled. 5064 got overhauled the other day as well, same with 5582.

7598 & 99 over hauled the same way , 7611 over hauled , 7608 too i think . 5092 over hauled & brought back in the other day Got a picture of it they brought it in with ads . 5076 is going to be overhauled next week sometime , 5025 being over hauled now then brought back to ulmer park .

7598 & 99 over hauled the same way , 7611 over hauled , 7608 too i think . 5092 over hauled & brought back in the other day Got a picture of it they brought it in with ads . 5076 is going to be overhauled next week sometime , 5025 being over hauled now then brought back to ulmer park .

5076 looks like it hasn't been repainted in five-six years, still has the ancient stickers on the back and everything.

--

6404 and 6706 overhauled but not repainted. Not sure if they did the interiors up with the plastic seats or not.

Archived