Bus Overhaul Thread

ciboii22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was posted, haven't posted in a while but 7578 and 7579 were overhauled, saw both of them riding back to back on Flushing and Williamsburg St S about an hour ago. Assuming they are coming from Grand Avenue.

Surprised they were together, 7578 got overhauled around a week ago. Odd coincidence.

Not sure if this was posted, haven't posted in a while but 7578 and 7579 were overhauled, saw both of them riding back to back on Flushing and Williamsburg St S about an hour ago. Assuming they are coming from Grand Avenue.

Yep. 7573 and 7583 were sent over to Grand today. 7579 (?), 7580 and 7610 came back.

For those keeping score, the last blackback CNG OG is sadly leaving Grand bleached!

Orion_7583b.jpg

Orion_7610.jpg

7579, 7580, 7610 were the ones you saw being driven back to Gleason. I was in 7610 (the last of the 3).

Also, 7596 ( the Blackback CNG), 7618 and 76xx were also being overhauled.

7578 was overhauled 2 weeks ago , you didnt see it lastnight because it was on the 63 .

What?! No new engine? Isn't the 8 year the big one?

Brand new (remaned) engines only come as needed. Usually they will do an up-grade (rods and pistons) but not even that. The buses imo came in half assed. Zerega's work quality is really slipping...

Love this new look on the D60s, hope a few more buses get that look. 5602 was already a whiteback, so they've got a few blackbacks and a ton of whitebacks that could still be decaled like that.

9451 is a fresh overhaul.

(for some reason the site won't let me edit posts on my comp) Is 5602 decaled like 5635 or painted like 5693?? judging from the stripe on the front, i assume its painted. but i haven't seen the bus in person so i don't know for sure

(for some reason the site won't let me edit posts on my comp) Is 5602 decaled like 5635 or painted like 5693?? judging from the stripe on the front, i assume its painted. but i haven't seen the bus in person so i don't know for sure

Isn't the the blue and white on 5693 paint while the black is decal? It looks like that's what they did here like they're doing on the OGs, I think 5635 was just an oddball white the blue decal and the black decal.

Isn't the the blue and white on 5693 paint while the black is decal? It looks like that's what they did here like they're doing on the OGs, I think 5635 was just an oddball white the blue decal and the black decal.

Most people think its decaled, but the black and blue stripes on 5693 and all the other D60's besides 5635 are painted.

From what it looks like, it looks like paint.

5602 looks interesting. It still looks weird with that big, blue stripe, but I'll get used to it. Reminds me of the front of the C40LFs.

Now that I think about it, what about 5529? Did it get an overhaul, or is it just a repaint? I took this on the beginning of this month.

653.jpg

Most people think its decaled, but the black and blue stripes on 5693 and all the other D60's besides 5635 are painted.

So the MTA started ordering black paint again?

5602 looks interesting. It still looks weird with that big, blue stripe, but I'll get used to it. Reminds me of the front of the C40LFs.

Now that I think about it, what about 5529? Did it get an overhaul, or is it just a repaint? I took this on the beginning of this month.

I'd bet it got an overhaul, almost all of the D60s are getting their 8-years now while the RTSes get their (overdue) 12-years.

Excellent catches. I really like how these buses are coming out, I gotta find some of them tomorrow. 5547 looks fantastic, but unfortunately I think this means 5543 and 5575's days in their as-delivered paint are numbered.

Archived