Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case

Shortline Bus

Meanwhile ABC News is reporting that Zimmerman in a video just relesased did not appear to have any serious cuts as he claims when questioned by police right after the shooting. This is starting to me to becoming the strangest case of allegled police abuse/bruality and shooting i ever seen.

woops here the link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-case-shooter-george-zimmerman-appears-uninjured-police-video-night-shooting-article-1.1052433

How many other news outlets did you see pick that up?

Yeah, 'nothing to see here'. "Let's all convict Zimmerman and make everyone happy."

=

Note: I did say he was the aggressor for ignoring police orders to not follow the kid. That part is clear. However, justice does not call for a bounty like what the Black Panthers are calling for.

*The whole situation is bizzare about how roughed up Zimmerman was. This is the key to proving if he's really guilty, if there's minimal injury.

Exactly, if the shooter was another black man, would Sharpton or Jackson be down there to condemn the shooter? This is nothing more than them milking this tragedy to suit their agendas. They are so busy playing the race card that they don't look within their own community about gang violence.*

*does not excuse racial profiling, that should be addressed. And if those 2 spoke out on violence in general, then that's fine, but they seem to show up when it's a 'white' on black crime, thus why I'm skeptical whenever Sharpton and his posse shows up.

This situation is sad but I am tired of the race baiting demogogues who continue to use situations like this to promote their sick and divisive agenda.

well said andrew. With that said, there are still based on the still developing case possible racial profiling. However there are some that who no doubt trying to make an already a tense case, much worse.

Here the sad situation in which the leader of the new Black Panther reply in getting involved with his interview couple of nights ago on CNN's Anderson Cooper Show.

Exactly, if the shooter was another black man, would Sharpton or Jackson be down there to condemn the shooter? This is nothing more than them milking this tragedy to suit their agendas. They are so busy playing the race card that they don't look within their own community about gang violence.*

Sharpton doesn't give a rats ass about black-on-black crime. He only cares if there's a whitey involved.

Exactly, if the shooter was another black man, would Sharpton or Jackson be down there to condemn the shooter? This is nothing more than them milking this tragedy to suit their agendas.

If the shooter was a another black man, he'd be in jail.

Well fellas, there's more information about George Zimmerman's injuries that night, after he was brutalized by Trayvon and his head bashed in before he was forced to shoot the violent boy.

Wait, no, I'm sorry, it turns he had absolutely no injuries that night and there is no evidence whatsoever that he acted in any form of self-defense when he murdered an innocent teenager.

Whoops.

http://globalgrind.com/news/ems-records-george-zimmerman-released-details

• 2 weeks later...

After over 6 weeks ago after the tragic events of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman will be charged in connection to the shooting. The Special Prosecutor will make the charges (i.e rumored to be manslaughter)known at a 6pm news conference. So reactions?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-face-charges-trayvon-martin-death-reports-article-1.1059897

Well first off I'd like to put something out there... Zimmerman's father is full of sh*t talking about how Zimmerman can't be a racist because he's half Latino and has black friends. And?? As someone who is mixed, I have heard all sorts of racist comments made about black folks from whites, Latinos and Asians, mainly because my friends viewed me as "other" so therefore it was okay to be frank and honest and let their "true colors" show, so this whole nonsense about minorities not being racist because they're minorities is just that... Nonsense... Latin America has long had a very racist structure which came from the Spaniards, even though some Latinos are a mix of Black, White and Indian. The standard was that the whiter you were the better you were and so those with less mixture usually were treated the best and had the wealth and such. If you were mestizo (Indian and White) you were inferior, but still better than a Latino who had Black in them or better yet was fully Black or very dark skinned. This is also true in Brazil, which has a huge black population, but the darker blacks are highly discriminated against, living in slums and such while mixed and white Brazilians get better jobs and live in more affluent neighborhoods. The main difference between racism in Latin America and here is that there was so much mixing that the "hierarchies" of racism had to be "modified" if you may, but let me be clear in saying that black folks are most certainly not cared for in many parts of Latin America and the racism is often times so blatant that the offenders don't even realize it because they're taught to think that it's okay.

I have some Latino friends in fact that aren't necessarily wild about your average black person and they'll make comments and such. In fact a friend of mine who is Venezuelan, and of a light complexion (though he does have some mixture based on his features), his sister married a black guy and the mother was pissed. They were not on speaking terms for a while and any sort of gatherings that I was invited to was tense because of the whole racial tension in the air. It is only recently that she has accepted their baby and the marriage after realizing how racist and grotesque her actions were. This isn't to say that all Latinos are racist, because many aren't, but believe me, plenty of them are and will make snide remarks and such.

Now back to Zimmerman... I personally believe that he shot the kid simply out of hatred and that he is racist, simply because of what he said on the tape when he called the cops. I listened to the 911 call and he talks about how "They always get away"... and then utters what sounds like "f-ing c**ns". If he was just out doing patrols, why would he have to use racial slurs and all of that??

What is funny is how the ignorant the media is to think that minorities can't be racist because they most certainly can be and there are plenty of them too.

For anyone interested, I found an interesting article written by a Latina on this issue:

http://www.care2.com/causes/george-zimmerman-proves-latinos-can-be-racist-too.html?page=2

According to this Zimmerman has tunred himself in and is in custody.

http://news.yahoo.co...-193845232.html

Good now put this racist SOB in jail... It's one thing to be prejudiced and another to be so racist that you go out and kill innocent people, that's when there's a serious problem. We all have prejudices, but there's something called tolerance and folks need to learn how to be tolerant of others. Hell I don't love everybody either but I try to be tolerant at least.

Well first off I'd like to put something out there... Zimmerman's father is full of sh*t talking about how Zimmerman can't be a racist because he's half Latino and has black friends. And?? As someone who is mixed, I have heard all sorts of racist comments made about black folks from whites, Latinos and Asians, mainly because my friends viewed me as "other" so therefore it was okay to be frank and honest and let their "true colors" show, so this whole nonsense about minorities not being racist because they're minorities is just that... Nonsense... Latin America has long had a very racist structure which came from the Spaniards, even though some Latinos are a mix of Black, White and Indian. The standard was that the whiter you were the better you were and so those with less mixture usually were treated the best and had the wealth and such. If you were mestizo (Indian and White) you were inferior, but still better than a Latino who had Black in them or better yet was fully Black or very dark skinned. This is also true in Brazil, which has a huge black population, but the darker blacks are highly discriminated against, living in slums and such while mixed and white Brazilians get better jobs and live in more affluent neighborhoods. The main difference between racism in Latin America and here is that there was so much mixing that the "hierarchies" of racism had to be "modified" if you may, but let me be clear in saying that black folks are most certainly not cared for in many parts of Latin America and the racism is often times so blatant that the offenders don't even realize it because they're taught to think that it's okay.

I have some Latino friends in fact that aren't necessarily wild about your average black person and they'll make comments and such. In fact a friend of mine who is Venezuelan, and of a light complexion (though he does have some mixture based on his features), his sister married a black guy and the mother was pissed. They were not on speaking terms for a while and any sort of gatherings that I was invited to was tense because of the whole racial tension in the air. It is only recently that she has accepted their baby and the marriage after realizing how racist and grotesque her actions were. This isn't to say that all Latinos are racist, because many aren't, but believe me, plenty of them are and will make snide remarks and such.

Now back to Zimmerman... I personally believe that he shot the kid simply out of hatred and that he is racist, simply because of what he said on the tape when he called the cops. I listened to the 911 call and he talks about how "They always get away"... and then utters what sounds like "f-ing c**ns". If he was just out doing patrols, why would he have to use racial slurs and all of that??

What is funny is how the ignorant the media is to think that minorities can't be racist because they most certainly can be and there are plenty of them too.

For anyone interested, I found an interesting article written by a Latina on this issue:

http://www.care2.com...too.html?page=2

This is a new one, I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Absolutely right: racism can come from a person of any race, and Zimmerman's crime was one of cold-blooded racist hatred.

Which is exactly why he's getting what he deserves in second-degree murder charges.

Guys dumb question. Since this case has gotten so much national/international news attention should this case be moved from the Sanford(Orlando, Fla.)area to another part of Fla. i.e Miami, Tampa or Jacksonville?

For better chance of a 'fair and balanced juror' including some Blacks and Hispanics on the juror trial?

I think it should be moved. The question is where? Florida is a very racist state and you've got all sorts of racists down there, be it White, Black or Latino, so that's a difficult question to answer.

This is a new one, I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Absolutely right: racism can come from a person of any race, and Zimmerman's crime was one of cold-blooded racist hatred.

Which is exactly why he's getting what he deserves in second-degree murder charges.

It is a change of pace... The difference between you and me is I don't cry racism 24/7... LOL

I mean I don't think the black kid was a saint by any means, and it annoys me that the media keeps showing pics of this kid when he was like 13 or whatever when he's 17 now and is much bigger, but that still doesn't excuse what this guy did.

Guest Lance

Guys dumb question. Since this case has gotten so much national/international news attention should this case be moved from the Sanford(Orlando, Fla.)area to another part of Fla. i.e Miami, Tampa or Jacksonville?

For better chance of a 'fair and balanced juror' including some Blacks and Hispanics on the juror trial?

I really don't think it'll matter where they hold this trial. It's gotten up to OJ Simpson levels of coverage, so wherever they take this thing, it's going to be pretty hard to find an unbiased juror.

I think it should be moved. The question is where? Florida is a very racist state and you've got all sorts of racists down there, be it White, Black or Latino, so that's a difficult question to answer.

It is a change of pace... The difference between you and me is I don't cry racism 24/7... LOL

I mean I don't think the black kid was a saint by any means, and it annoys me that the media keeps showing pics of this kid when he was like 13 or whatever when he's 17 now and is much bigger, but that still doesn't excuse what this guy did.

That why MSNBC, Fox News and CNN is a joke now for the 24/7 cable news channels. That for another chat and time. Back to topic. Although it was early in the case/upcoming trail I was impressive with lead prosector Corey in how she handled the press conference that indicted Zimmerman.

And on moving the case VG8, racism has never gone away and will sadly IMO will always exist for long as mankind exists. No just Fla. but anywhere else in America as well.

Still question can you get an unbias, fair and open minded juror anywhere in Fla. that will look at the facts away from the media's influence? That why i suggested the idea of moving the trial away from the Orlando area.

That why MSNBC, Fox News and CNN is a joke now for the 24/7 cable news channels. That for another chat and time. Back to topic. Although it was early in the case/upcoming trail I was impressive with lead prosector Corey in how she handled the press conference that indicted Zimmerman.

And on moving the case VG8, racism has never gone away and will sadly IMO always exist for long as mankind exists. No just Fla. but anywhere else in America as well.

Still question can you get an unbias, fair and open minded juror anywhere in Fla. that will look at the facts away from the media's influence. That why i suggested the idea of moving the trial away from the Orlando area?

Yes, racism exists all over, but let's face it. Some places are more racist than others, hence my comments about Florida.

Archived