Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Acela Express

It was only 12 years old, though.

Lets pray if that bus can be repairable. Seen it Downtown Brooklyn a few weeks ago running just fine.

No... it's slated to be scrapped... :cry:

It's crazy how the MTA repaired 133 which was 15 years old when it got into an accident but it won't repair this bus. Pity.

It's crazy how the MTA repaired 133 which was 15 years old when it got into an accident but it won't repair this bus. Pity.

If the frame is bent then the bus is totaled. If not, it can be repaired. The best of the C40LF's are supposed to be for the reserve fleet. As of right now, the TA doesn't have a CNG reserve fleet, and most of those buses have a lot of life left in them.

Oh ok. So how many 2000 New Flyers will be put on the side?

Great shots but that's a real shame, same to see it go so fast. Many more will be gone soon though, I guess.

That wasnt a bad bus either , my last time on that one was about 2 weeks ago .

I rode this bus last Thursday, and the ride was terrific! Too bad it crashed into a building at Avenue J and Ocean Av.

Low floor bus frames are a lot weaker than the chassis for a high floor bus and cost a lot more to fix after an accident. That's why 1258 is still sitting around gathering dust and getting pictures taken of it. 133, from what i under stand is an Orion V. Unless it gets t-boned so bad the frame rails in the middle get bent, it will always be able to come back from an accident.

• Upvote 2

I shouldn't really post this but here is what happened to the 133.......a car tire fell off a car and bounced into the front of 133 this was BEFORE its new transplanted face.

I have a question what the hell happened to c40lf 915?? I never found out!

My guess is that it was OOS either due to frame problems or end of life and possibly stripped.

1258 is still sitting in the same spot it has been since they towed it in in November. We push it onto the life every once in a while so the Nova guys can take pictures but that's about it. I think they are still trying to figure out a way to fix it other than cutting the front half of the bus off and replacing it. They only reason its sitting here and not at Zerega is because they don't want it sitting in the elements while they make their decision.

Is there still a chance 915 can come back to service??

No. Bus is stripped as far as I know and those C40s are on the way out anyway.