NICE What If?

I thought a NICE what if would be okay. Basically the same as the other What if threads.

Now:

Hempstead Turnpike is closed from Rt 110 to RT 109 and From Franklin Avenue to Jamaica Avenue in Queens

Buses Affected

N6/N15/N31/N32/N70/N72

To eliminate possible confusion. Franklin Ave is in Franklin Square. Franklin Street is in Hempstead.

N6: Fubar.

N15, N31/N32: These routes can use Front Street to get to Franklin Street from Hempstead Ave.

N70: Use Route 109 to route 110.

N72: Use Route 109 as detour to Rt-110 and continue normal routing along route 109.

To eliminate possible confusion. Franklin Ave is in Franklin Square. Franklin Street is in Hempstead.

N15, N31/N32: These routes can use Front Street to get to Franklin Street from Hempstead Ave.

N72: Use Route 109 as detour to Rt-110 and continue normal routing along route 109.

Even NICE Bus and Long Island Bus Riders Union made mistake.

Even NICE Bus and Long Island Bus Riders Union made mistake.

This is a "what if" thread. The idea is "what would you do if" a certain bus route was blocked, a street was closed, etc.

So he posted "what if Hempstead Turnpike was closed" at the points he listed. I posted what I would do if I was in charge of NICE bus.

This is a "what if" thread. The idea is "what would you do if" a certain bus route was blocked, a street was closed, etc.

So he posted "what if Hempstead Turnpike was closed" at the points he listed. I posted what I would do if I was in charge of NICE bus.

No, I meant to say they put 91 Franklin Av Hempstead on their flier by mistake.

N6, I actually meant Franklin Ave in Franklin Square, not Franklin Street in Hempstead

I thought a NICE what if would be okay. Basically the same as the other What if threads.

Now:

Hempstead Turnpike is closed from Rt 110 to RT 109 and From Franklin Avenue to Jamaica Avenue in Queens

Buses Affected

N6/N15/N31/N32/N70/N72

N6:

Will follow N24 routing from New Hyde Park Rd to Queens Village Station.

Which one do you mean for Rte. 109 & Rte. 110?

There's either Conklin St or Fulton St.

N6, I actually meant Franklin Ave in Franklin Square, not Franklin Street in Hempstead

Ah, then the closures don't affect N15/N31/N32.

N6: N24 & N25 Routing.

or

N24's routing to Springfield Blvd, 115th Ave, Dutch Broadway, Franklin Ave to Hempstead Turnpike.

I'll post one: Jamaica is evacuated because of sewage flooding

Assume all buses execpt for the Q44 and Q60/Q25/Q65/Q34/Q6/Q8 are suspended. Where would you terminate NICE route

Send them to Jamaica Center. If not, turn back at Queens Village for LIRR and the Q27-(7).

• 2 weeks later...

What IF:

Due to bus stall entering upon transit hub, following transit hubs are affected. No Access due to bus blocking on both side of entrance and exit.

Mineola Transit Center, Hempstead Transit Center, Roosevelt Field Mall, Walt Whitman Mall, Green Acres Mall and Sunrise Mall?

Affects N1, N2/N8, N6, N15, N16, N17, N22, N22A/X, N23, N24, N27, N31/N32, N37, N40/N41, N43, N45, N46/N47, N51, N54/N55, N70/N71/N72, N78/N79, N80/N81, SCT1, SCT20, SCT23, SCT29, SCT33, S54, H4, H9, Q4/Q85?

How do you divert NICE, bonus SCT or HART buses, Q5/Q85?

Where would you lay over buses and line them up?

What IF:

Due to bus stall entering upon transit hub, following transit hubs are affected. No Access due to bus blocking on both side of entrance and exit.

Mineola Transit Center, Hempstead Transit Center, Roosevelt Field Mall, Walt Whitman Mall, Green Acres Mall and Sunrise Mall?

Affects N1, N2/N8, N6, N15, N16, N17, N22, N22A/X, N23, N24, N27, N31/N32, N37, N40/N41, N43, N45, N46/N47, N51, N54/N55, N70/N71/N72, N78/N79, N80/N81, SCT1, SCT20, SCT23, SCT29, SCT33, S54, H4, H9, Q4/Q85?

How do you divert NICE, bonus SCT or HART buses, Q5/Q85?

Where would you lay over buses and line them up?

I'd take a picture of the N37! :P

Mineola, I'd pull outside the Entrance and stop there.

Hempstead: I'd use Columbia St

Roosevelt Field: Use the parking lot on the other side of the Bus Bays

Walt Whitman: Use Route 110,

Green Acres: Stop on Surnsie Highway, near Bronx BBQ and Target.

Sunrise Mall: Stop on Sunrise Highway

Due to bomb threat at Hewlett Station and Hewlett-Woodmere Library, following streets are blocked off.

All streets between Woodmere Blvd & West Broadway/Broadway is closed.

Affects N31/N32 bus.

I'd Have the N31 turn on Woodmere Blvd to Peninsula Blvd and down to Rockaway Tpke.

I'd keep the N32 on Broadway, until Rockaway Turnpike.

Archived