Culver Line/Smith-9th Station Rehab Thread

mark1447

Sorry about earlier, but I am also talking about the residents south of Church Avenue. They deserve it too.

Well, the (F) has two segregated groups of riders. The riders south of Church don't really NEED it. They need to be able to quickly pass the Park Slope riders so THEY have a speedy commute. The locas could go to Avenue X, but I don't think Kings Hwy can be a terminal.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call it foaming. I call it pure genius. No lines are affected. 5 car trains at Local stations. 4th Avenue normal service. If the line gets low ridership, doesn't matter because there are only two consists. Haters can hate, because haters are the motivators. And if you guys are fine with waiting for a train to leave Bergen Street to switch over, I think we can run about 4 at the maximum on this.

(S)

North Terminal: Bergen Street

South Terminal: Church Avenue

Park Slope Express

Fleet

R46A: 4

R46B: 12

Total Consists: 2

Purpose/Info

Bypass of Park Slope.

Trains will leave terminals at the same time.

Trains leave terminals every 10 mins.

FastTrack is installed.

Route

Church Av: (F)(G)

7 Av: (F)(G)

Bergen Street: (F)(G)

Call it foaming. I call it pure genius. No lines are affected. 5 car trains at Local stations. 4th Avenue normal service. If the line gets low ridership, doesn't matter because there are only two consists. Haters can hate, because haters are the motivators. And if you guys are fine with waiting for a train to leave Bergen Street to switch over, I think we can run about 4 at the maximum on this.

Um, that line will be EMPTY, and trains can't terminate at Bergen St. (An extention to 2 Avenue could work.)

Um, that line will be EMPTY, and trains can't terminate at Bergen St. (An extention to 2 Avenue could work.)

They can turn around there on the LL. And an extension to 2 Av would be living hell to turn the train around in, because since it merges with the (F) into Jay St., it can't turn around without great difficulty.

Guest Lance

You know what, I've been debating whether or not to keep this thread open. And now, I've made my decision. This thread is now locked because it's going nowhere slowly.

Archived