Official NYC Transit Forums on IP Board Thread

Harry

Where does it say that it's not possible? That thread just says that Harry's looking into it.
I'm pretty sure that Harry stated at one point that he's against deleting posts of any kind, whether it be spam, off-topic, etc. I'm sure the same will apply for that spam post.

Plus, removing all of that from Kamen Rider, MC CJ, and MHV9218 would be time consuming, which the mods can't handle at this time.

Antrak7: No, we aren't going to get rid of any of the older posts. They may be edited, but IF they are it won't be anytime soon. We have a ton of other things to do that are much more important.

Threxxbus: No, the forums did not get hacked.

Brett: Usernames should be visible.

Been enjoying watching the changes, with the banner back really looks like the old forums again.

Just one nitpick, personal pet peeve of sorts but the current width of the website, not sure if it's 1100px or something like that but it's too big to read on a 13" laptop without scrolling sideways. I'd imagine it's an easy fix, be great just for those of us without decent monitors to work with.

Been enjoying watching the changes, with the banner back really looks like the old forums again.

Just one nitpick, personal pet peeve of sorts but the current width of the website, not sure if it's 1100px or something like that but it's too big to read on a 13" laptop without scrolling sideways. I'd imagine it's an easy fix, be great just for those of us without decent monitors to work with.

It should just fit itself to your screen..... I haven"t noticed that issue on my end. Yesterday I was on a laptop with a 13in screen checking the forums, and it fit just fine for me. You still having the issue?

Another annoyance: can "nyctransitforums.com/forums" not be a 404? I and probably quite a few others here type that right into the URL bar every time. A redirect would be nice.

There are tons of links that could use redirects. However, that's at the bottom of the list right now as most all of the links have changed with the new format. You just have to stick it out for right now.

It should just fit itself to your screen..... I haven"t noticed that issue on my end. Yesterday I was on a laptop with a 13in screen checking the forums, and it fit just fine for me. You still having the issue?

Nah it's all good now, got fixed quickly.

I'm pretty sure that Harry stated at one point that he's against deleting posts of any kind, whether it be spam, off-topic, etc. I'm sure the same will apply for that spam post. Plus, removing all of that from Kamen Rider, MC CJ, and MHV9218 would be time consuming, which the mods can't handle at this time.

There is a way called a SQL query where you can run a script to delete certain posts in certain dates.

There is a way called a SQL query where you can run a script to delete certain posts in certain dates.

That would be the last step, running a simple query. But the old posts have to converted over to IP.Board first. That's where the headache is.

I want to make a photo my avatar. I put it into the correct format (I think it's JPEG), but I don't know how to resize it, or what size to make it.

Just upload the photo whatever size it is and it should re-size it for you.

• 1 month later...

Another annoyance: can "nyctransitforums.com/forums" not be a 404? I and probably quite a few others here type that right into the URL bar every time. A redirect would be nice.

Not only that, it's at the top of my "Favorites" list.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived