It's great to be back!

LRG

On behalf of the staff, I would like to thank you all for being patient with the conversion. It's been one hell of a rough week or so for us with all that hacking business and such, but soon, we will be geared up and good to go!

So many problems still. I am certain that these hackers wanted to damage the forums and they were successful. We didn't just lose the forums for a while we lost a lot of people, and we might not get some people back ever.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

Yes there are many problems still, but as I said, we will be geared up and good to go real soon. Things will be getting fixed and changed around here so be patient!

So many problems still. I am certain that these hackers wanted to damage the forums and they were successful. We didn't just lose the forums for a while we lost a lot of people, and we might not get some people back ever.

The hackers may have thought they were hacking the main MTA site, not a forum set up by people to discuss transit.

Dude chill out. All they did was disrupt the forums. I made the decision to leave vBulletin the minute it happened. I've been planning to switch over to another platform for months. I was denied for the first choice and went with the second which is what you see right now. This site has been hacked before. Maybe you weren't around for the first one but it happened.

Just relax and give it a chance.

I want to thank everyone for being patient, and for all the support you have shown. Staff, members, and lurkers alike. This will take some getting use to for many of us. Others will be right at home!

As we continue to develop NYCTF 2.0, we ask that you all remain patient until we have things running at 100%. If you encounter issues with features (likeing posts, etc.) Try again at a later time. See you all on the boards!

I would also like to make a recommendation, any bugs and such you guys find, please post em here!

Small things:

The old videos now appear as links, and I can't edit my profile. Also, some posts take long in saving. I don't know what that means, but the post never actually is posted.

Small things:

The old videos now appear as links, and I can't edit my profile. Also, some posts take long in saving. I don't know what that means, but the post never actually is posted.

Even though I am a "Mod" i also have couple of quick comments/ideas for the new site for Harry. I am fully this new site is still being worked on.(aka a work in progress)

1)I like the 'new' ability to add a personal photo. With that said, I like to see the return of avatars especially MTA related, transit ones across the US and the world. Not to mention as well, my favorite sports teams logos including adding in NBA and NHL ones as well as the very popular NFL and Baseball avatars.

2)The new "Hot" symbol for thread topics that very popular is a great addition.

3)The new chat section is also very cool.

That my takes for now.

The hackers may have thought they were hacking the main MTA site, not a forum set up by people to discuss transit.

They knew exactly what they were doing, and exactly what this site is.

Will you guys get all the vids and photos, etc back as well also?

All the photos and vids should be back now with the exception of the Gallery. For some reason, those photos did not transfer.

Small things:

The vids should all be back to normal now, and the posts should not be lagging either. The site is only about 40% complete at this time, and we still have tons to do. You all should see many changes and updates over the next couple weeks.

Even though I am a "Mod" i also have couple of quick comments/ideas for the new site for Harry. I am fully this new site is still being worked on.(aka a work in progress)

1)I like the 'new' ability to add a personal photo. With that said, I like to see the return of avatars especially MTA related, transit ones across the US and the world. Not to mention as well, my favorite sports teams logos including adding in NBA and NHL ones as well as the very popular NFL and Baseball avatars.

That my takes for now.

Avatars are at the bottom of the list right now, but they will be back.

For the chatbox, can you mods find a way for older chats to be seen rather than for everything to disappear everytime a person exits the chatbox. Also if you can have the chatbox at the bottom of the forum page that'd be great (but not totally necessary).

Harry and I just had a discussion about the chatbox, and thats near the bottom of the list right now as well. Once he figures out the ins and outs of the chatbox settings, we will se what else can be done.

They knew exactly what they were doing, and exactly what this site is.

Will you guys get all the vids and photos, etc back as well also?

All the photos and vids should be back now with the exception of the Gallery. For some reason, those photos did not transfer.

Small things:

The vids should all be back to normal now, and the posts should not be lagging either. The site is only about 40% complete at this time, and we still have tons to do. You all should see many changes and updates over the next couple weeks.

That my takes for now.

Avatars are at the bottom of the list right now, but they will be back.

For the chatbox, can you mods find a way for older chats to be seen rather than for everything to disappear everytime a person exits the chatbox. Also if you can have the chatbox at the bottom of the forum page that'd be great (but not totally necessary).

Harry and I just had a discussion about the chatbox, and thats near the bottom of the list right now as well. Once he figures out the ins and outs of the chatbox settings, we will se what else can be done.

Archived