Bx24 to Westchester Square and Bx5 to Bruckner Blvd Starting April 8

cotb16

Yep. Next your going to hear: "EXTEND IT TO PARKCHESTER".........

Thats there goal, slowly push the MTA to extend it further.

Exactly. I was at a political redistricting hearing and talked to a few merchants who want the Bx24 going to Parkchester next. Despite this, Parkchester seems pretty happy with the Bx4A.

Exactly. I was at a political redistricting hearing and talked to a few merchants who want the Bx24 going to Parkchester next. Despite this, Parkchester seems pretty happy with the Bx4A.

They COULD extend the Bx24 to Parkchester, then that will give those along Metropolitan Avenue another option to Pelham Bay. But I'm not to sure if those in Parkchester will want addional bus traffic around the area.

Just bring back the Bx14 for gods sake....

Hope this situation with Country Club's puts to bed for some people that politics has *no influence* in MTA decision on when to cut or expand bus service. This is over the top. Yet for example near my old neck of the woods in Sheapshead Bay the TA has yet to restore 'B4" service at least to the Sheapshead Bay subway. :angry:

Not a knock against those living in that part of the Bronx but a knock on the way the MTA exces decides on service levels, etc.

They COULD extend the Bx24 to Parkchester, then that will give those along Metropolitan Avenue another option to Pelham Bay. But I'm not to sure if those in Parkchester will want addional bus traffic around the area.

If that happened, the Bx4A would probably merge back into the Bx4 and run via Westchester Avenue.

Did anyone really think this wasn't inevitable w/ CC & the 24.....

Despite this' date=' Parkchester seems pretty happy with the Bx4A.[/quote']

Tried telling someone this & they didn't wanna believe me....

Anyway, you know it'll be some BS if they kill off the 4a just to revert the 14.....

Did anyone really think this wasn't inevitable w/ CC & the 24.....

Tried telling someone this & they didn't wanna believe me....

Anyway, you know it'll be some BS if they kill off the 4a just to revert the 14.....

If that happened, the Bx4A would probably merge back into the Bx4 and run via Westchester Avenue.

Thats going to be very disappointing. The Bx4A gives a nice ride for Parkchester folks to Longwood and The Hub. Now they are in danger of possiably losing it, if these scum bag Country Clubers request another extension.

These people don't deserve jack. They should lose bus service all together for complaining too much............!

Thats going to be very disappointing. The Bx4A gives a nice ride for Parkchester folks to Longwood and The Hub. Now they are in danger of possiably losing it, if these scum bag Country Clubers request another extension.

These people don't deserve jack. They should lose bus service all together for complaining too much............!

Agreed. I'd prefer giving them express bus service over a local anytime.

Yup..... that, combined with the fact that they don't take the buses anyway, has been my stance all along regarding those f**kers...

But is there any type of mandate that there can only be one bus route serving that part of Parkchester? Why couldn't the Bx4A and the Bx14 both serve Parkchester? If there's more ridership in Parkchester than along Westchester Avenue, I don't see a problem with both routes serving it, since it wouldn't cost a whole lot extra.

One question: I can understand why they wanted Pelham Bay Park (ADA-accessable) and Westchester Square (shopping and bus transfers), but what's of interest in Parkchester that those residents would want to visit?

Hopefully, this is the last change the MTA makes. If they want Parkchester, they could always transfer to the Bx4A. There's no need to screw up service for the residents of Parkchester just for CC residents.

But is there any type of mandate that there can only be one bus route serving that part of Parkchester? Why couldn't the Bx4A and the Bx14 both serve Parkchester? If there's more ridership in Parkchester than along Westchester Avenue, I don't see a problem with both routes serving it, since it wouldn't cost a whole lot extra.

One question: I can understand why they wanted Pelham Bay Park (ADA-accessable) and Westchester Square (shopping and bus transfers), but what's of interest in Parkchester that those residents would want to visit?

Hopefully, this is the last change the MTA makes. If they want Parkchester, they could always transfer to the Bx4A. There's no need to screw up service for the residents of Parkchester just for CC residents.

smh @ mandate.....

Anyway, the Bx4a was created due to the loss of service (i.e, the bx14) b/w the apts. in parkchester & westchester sq itself....

If the MTA is gradually reverting the bx14, what in the world would make you or anyone else think they'd actually keep the bx4a around as well..... it aint about the comparison of ridership b/w the bx4 vs the bx4a.....

fam, the problem with your 1st paragraph is this:

You are making a case for parkchester.... the MTA is making a case for (more like pandering to) country club.....

What's of interest in Parkchester that CC residents need? fam, your guess is as good as mine.....

I've come to the conclusion that all this regarding the bx24 is nothin more than CC (and/or whatever number Bx district it lies in) throwing their weight around.... let's keep pushing the proverbial envelope & see what the hell we can get out of it...

The part that angers me (and should, IMO, any community that has had service revoked... whether complete or partial... with little to no recourse or resolution whatsoever) is the fact that they are getting away with this bullshit....

PMF.....

CC will never stop. I will here probably in a year or two hear the BX24 extended to The Hub evantually

They don't know that they'll be hurting other riders in the process. Oh, I forgot, they don't use their bus, so the're not riders. :(

Something that can be done is to combine the Bx4a with the Bx24. That may make everyone happy.

They don't know that they'll be hurting other riders in the process. Oh, I forgot, they don't use their bus, so the're not riders. :(

Something that can be done is to combine the Bx4a with the Bx24. That may make everyone happy.

Bx24 to Manhattan or points east of the square:

Not a chance in the decades following!

They're just a bunch of rich people who only care about themselves, so they'll want the Bx24 going to Manhattan eventually! They don't know that they'll be hurting other riders in the process. Oh, I forgot, they don't use their bus.

Highly doubt that.....

CC patrons would defiantly protest a route that would bring riders from the hub, etc. directly into their grossly overrated community.....

Highly doubt that.....

CC patrons would defiantly protest a route that would bring riders from the hub, etc. directly into their grossly overrated community.....

I've been there. There is nothing great about their "community." Anyway, I see more sinister reasons as to why they wouldn't like riders from that area... :(

I believe there are doctors along Metropolitan Avenue that Country Club and Pelham Bay riders visit.

Highly doubt that.....

Country Club doesn't even have anything special. If anything, the should make their own bus service if they're so rich. The MTA is poor itself and one more stop with CC will bring the system down horribly.

Country Club doesn't even have anything special. If anything, the should make their own bus service if they're so rich. The MTA is poor itself and one more stop with CC will bring the system down horribly.

Ive passed there a few times, and those people have cars (A light amount don't but still). I don't see a point of having bus service there. Maybe an Express Bus Service (peak) but thats about it....

Ive passed there a few times, and those people have cars (A light amount don't but still). I don't see a point of having bus service there. Maybe an Express Bus Service (peak) but thats about it....

I don't like the idea of leaving any community without bus service, but if you think about it, the Bx5 along Bruckner Blvd sort of serves them. I mean, the walk wouldn't be that much longer than the walk from the B4 to the B36 in Sheepshead Bay, and it would be done by a lot fewer people.

I don't like the idea of leaving any community without bus service, but if you think about it, the Bx5 along Bruckner Blvd sort of serves them. I mean, the walk wouldn't be that much longer than the walk from the B4 to the B36 in Sheepshead Bay, and it would be done by a lot fewer people.

I was joking pretty much, since these people complain to much. Yeah a bus service is somewhat needed there, even tho the ridership isn't that high.

Archived