Any Bus Routes that doesn't connect to the Subway?

mark1447

Wow, monitoring this post and its going off.

I request a lock if it the argument doesn't chill off.

Thanks for the info....

For the Q89, there is still a connection to the subway (Via Walk) verses the Q79 which has no connection to the Subway system.

What was being talked about was a direct connection like say the Q43 to the E/J/Z, not one that required a couple of blocks.

Despite things being oh this or oh that, and I said I would stop, I have a concern... Why is there additional words being added or the original post's question, and everything going thru a twist and every context is changed from "connection" to "direct connection"? The original question and discussion is about "a connection or a close-proximity transfer", like within 1/4 mile distance. However the "direct" entered the discussion for no apparent reason.

When you ask a S/A or B/O a question, they usually say "a transfer/connection" as a transfer/connection that involves a walk of few or couple of acceptable blocks, "a direct connection" as a transfer/connection that involves a bus line/stop with a max of 1 block walk or an in-system transfer. I got asked once [note this guy has an English Major] on Roosevelt Island that if you can connect with the (F) to the (4)(5)(6) at Lexington Ave., I said "Yes, there is an out-of-system transfer to the (4)(5)(6) at that station", he just replied "Connection can also apply, but transfer will do, I have an English Major". If you add "direct", it changes and narrows down the reference.

Either way, the timetables does not mislead, and the (MTA) Bus Operators usually also mention transfer/connections available to the (F) at One Hundred Sixty Ninth Street Station, even on (4)(5)(6)/(A)(C)(E) train, few C/R's annouced over the PA, "connections available for PATH by walking to 6th Ave. & 33rd St." Still, why is the original question being modified to fit one's misunderstanding?

That's my take and final post, since what was being talked about was a connection, then direct entered, then things just became a thing about whether we should keep it as connection or direct connection... Mamma mia, what can you do when people go misunderstood and misreferenced... So long...

Despite things being oh this or oh that, and I said I would stop, I have a concern... Why is there additional words being added or the original post's question, and everything going thru a twist and every context is changed from "connection" to "direct connection"? The original question and discussion is about "a connection or a close-proximity transfer", like within 1/4 mile distance. However the "direct" entered the discussion for no apparent reason.

When you ask a S/A or B/O a question, they usually say "a transfer/connection" as a transfer/connection that involves a walk of few or couple of acceptable blocks, "a direct connection" as a transfer/connection that involves a bus line/stop with a max of 1 block walk or an in-system transfer. I got asked once [note this guy has an English Major] on Roosevelt Island that if you can connect with the (F) to the (4)(5)(6) at Lexington Ave., I said "Yes, there is an out-of-system transfer to the (4)(5)(6) at that station", he just replied "Connection can also apply, but transfer will do, I have an English Major". If you add "direct", it changes and narrows down the reference.

Either way, the timetables does not mislead, and the (MTA) Bus Operators usually also mention transfer/connections available to the (F) at One Hundred Sixty Ninth Street Station, even on (4)(5)(6)/(A)©(E) train, few C/R's annouced over the PA, "connections available for PATH by walking to 6th Ave. & 33rd St." Still, why is the original question being modified to fit one's misunderstanding?

That's my take and final post, since what was being talked about was a connection, then direct entered, then things just became a thing about whether we should keep it as connection or direct connection... Mamma mia, what can you do when people go misunderstood and misreferenced... So long...

Yeah...except that the connection to rail lines is a lot more different than bus lines, two different ways of travel!

Despite things being oh this or oh that, and I said I would stop, I have a concern... Why is there additional words being added or the original post's question, and everything going thru a twist and every context is changed from "connection" to "direct connection"? The original question and discussion is about "a connection or a close-proximity transfer", like within 1/4 mile distance. However the "direct" entered the discussion for no apparent reason....

....That's my take and final post, since what was being talked about was a connection, then direct entered, then things just became a thing about whether we should keep it as connection or direct connection... Mamma mia, what can you do when people go misunderstood and misreferenced... So long...

I love how you tried to implicate earlier that I'm wrong because others agree with you.... and now it's a misunderstanding & misreferencing when myself & someone else doesn't see things your way.... That is called an appeal to popularity, and it doesn't make your stance/opinion correct, or truthful...

You can rely on semantics to continue trying to strengthen your stance to your heart's content... All it's accomplishing, is the opposite result..... on here bringin up about english majors.....Whether what's said is "connection" or "direct connection", it's all the same thing at the end of the day.....

You mention asking a S/A or B/O what constitutes a connection, but never bring up what constitutes a connection to the commuter..... The S/A or B/O is gonna be more inclined to bring up the closest mode available because part of their job to assist people to get to where they have to go..... The commuter is gonna be less inclined, or less lenient to consider walking 'x' amount of blocks as that of being a connection.....

Speaking of concerns.... One I have is, who are you to say that anything between the origin itself & 1/4 mile constitutes a connection.... Even you had to admit to the exaggeration you made earlier...

I exaggerated a bit, but after furious opposition that 10 average blocks is long, I cut it down to 5 as a compromise. Mind made, compromise set, capise!

Your words dude.... your words.....

Archived