April 7th Schedule Change Forum

mfs NJT459

Post all comments about the next bus schedule change.

As of April 7th, 2012, all buses that go to Philadelphia through Gate 8 will now serve WRTC customers on Broadway to "improve passanger flow."

RIP Gate 8

The reason for that change is that there were several "near misses", and one rumored "hit" on a passenger inside the WRTC. Passengers discharging at Gates 8 and 9 were interfering with the buses departing gates 1-7, causing delays,

I'm actually a bit pissed because I lose my favorite driver on the 124. :angry: I just hope whoever we are getting can run that schedule like Luis could!

In some ways, it's fortunate the 124 still runs after all the bullshit that the line goes through with the UPS passengers. And, I severely mean that. Drivers afraid to do the night run because of the UPS people acting rowdy. I don't blame them one bit.

In some ways, it's fortunate the 124 still runs after all the bullshit that the line goes through with the UPS passengers. And, I severely mean that. Drivers afraid to do the night run because of the UPS people acting rowdy. I don't blame them one bit.

well what do you expect it's night and well you know how that is drunken mess. You have not seen rowdy till you take LIRR on a friday night THAT IS ROWDY

I think the 2 401 trips terminating in Salem should terminate in Woodbury instead. 401 trips should terminate in Woodstown as well

I would restructure the 401 as follows:

Weekdays

401:Philadelphia-Woodstown

Saturdays

401: Philadelphia-Woodbury/Woodstown

Sundays

401:Philadelphia-Woodbury

The 402 service can be discontinued and replaced by an extended 455 to Penns Grove with service extended to Phialdelphia and extra Service and the 468 from Penns Grove down

Also, the 468 under this plan would have to be extended to Woodstown, with all current 468 runs extended there, and the 401 trips absorbed would be named 468 and run only between woodstown and Salem, as well as the 402 being absorbed partially into the 468 running between Penn's Grove and Pennsville

468 can also run on sundays on this schedule

Towards Woodstown:

8AM,9:35 AM,12 PM,3PM,5:20 PM, 6:00PM,7:30PM, and 8:15PM

Towards Penns Grove:

8:30 AM,9:10 AM,10:50 AM,1:20pm,4:20pm,5:30 pm6:50pm,7:50pm

Shorturns towards Salem:

8:15AM,5:46pm

Shorturns From Pennsfield-Penns Grove:

6:30 pm,7:00pm,8:00pm

The 468 is bascially a combination of the 401/402 on Sundays, with shorturns to lessen deadheading Time.

The times are also thought to not make a long deadhead, since if I listed them the way they were suppose to, 468 drivers would have up to 3 hour deadheads.

I think this would pick up a nice amount of people, since the 468 duplicates parts of the 401 and 402, but cutting them short means more ridership shift to the 468.

I'll draw a diagram to show what I mean if anyone is confused

I think the 2 401 trips terminating in Salem should terminate in Woodbury instead. 401 trips should terminate in Woodstown as well

I would restructure the 401 as follows:

Weekdays

401:Philadelphia-Woodstown

Saturdays

401: Philadelphia-Woodbury/Woodstown

Sundays

401:Philadelphia-Woodbury

The 402 service can be discontinued and replaced by an extended 455 to Penns Grove with service extended to Phialdelphia and extra Service and the 468 from Penns Grove down

Also, the 468 under this plan would have to be extended to Woodstown, with all current 468 runs extended there, and the 401 trips absorbed would be named 468 and run only between woodstown and Salem, as well as the 402 being absorbed partially into the 468 running between Penn's Grove and Pennsville

468 can also run on sundays on this schedule

Towards Woodstown:

8AM,9:35 AM,12 PM,3PM,5:20 PM, 6:00PM,7:30PM, and 8:15PM

Towards Penns Grove:

8:30 AM,9:10 AM,10:50 AM,1:20pm,4:20pm,5:30 pm6:50pm,7:50pm

Shorturns towards Salem:

8:15AM,5:46pm

Shorturns From Pennsfield-Penns Grove:

6:30 pm,7:00pm,8:00pm

The 468 is bascially a combination of the 401/402 on Sundays, with shorturns to lessen deadheading Time.

The times are also thought to not make a long deadhead, since if I listed them the way they were suppose to, 468 drivers would have up to 3 hour deadheads.

I think this would pick up a nice amount of people, since the 468 duplicates parts of the 401 and 402, but cutting them short means more ridership shift to the 468.

I'll draw a diagram to show what I mean if anyone is confused

NOT EVEN CLOSE try using the 402 and 401 then comeback to us. 468 is a contract route that is separate from 402/401. 401 riders would stone you if they heard you saying that. 401 should be the one replacing 468 between salem and woodstock NOT the other way around. NJT makes more revenue on longer routes than shorter ones. getting rid of the duplicate segment on 468 would mean more revenue for NJT on 401 plus better crowd control at woodbury. 402 is shockingly used by ppl GOING TO PHILLY. 402 absorbing 468 is basically the same as the 468 in reverse but 553bridgeton would disagree. 468 is salem transit look it up buddy they are a sad excuse. FYI 455 is a crosstown to cherry hill completely different function. 402 has ridership at rush sometimes full buses

NOT EVEN CLOSE try using the 402 and 401 then comeback to us.

Wow of all people telling somebody to go ride a route!

well what do you expect it's night and well you know how that is drunken mess. You have not seen rowdy till you take LIRR on a friday night THAT IS ROWDY

The issues on the 124 have nothing to do with people being drunk. It has to do with the douchebags that work at UPS that have bullied the drivers on the 330am 124 from the city. The drivers on Run 1 & 2 on the 190 also have problems with them too. I've heard the 378 coming from Newark is so bad that a NJTP officer rides that bus. It's a shame because I heard the UPS pays NJT to run that early morning 124 and 378. I wish my job would pay for a bus to take me right to the front door of work!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually like that 401/402/468 idea. As long as connections would be timed correctly it could work. But sadly it wont work, those ppl in Salem would throw a fit if they lost there one seat ride. However the 402 needs to be discontinued going to Pennsville. Pureland is as far as it should go.

Archived