Stengel started getting LF Artics this week!

FlushingFlash

Guest MTA Bus

It would be cool if the Q44 got LFSAs. That would be better for riders. Most likely, the Orions on the Q44 that will be replaced by the LFSAs will probabley go to the Q20A/Q20B.

I've said this before and i will say it again, unless they want the buses in CS specifically for an SBS route they should have sent some New Flyer artics there first to experiment. I wouldn't trust brand new $700,000 + buses to operators that have never driven them in areas that barely ever see artics

According to Transit Talk, the depot is getting only 41 of them (#5895-#5935). Would that be enough for both Q44 and Q12?

Yes, and some may show up on the Q12 bus, however according to people, the Q20A/B will not utilize the LFSA's citing tight turns in Whitestone and College Point, however any Casey Stengal Route could probably see it, however all I heard is Q44 and maybe Q12.

Yes, and some may show up on the Q12 bus, however according to people, the Q20A/B will not utilize the LFSA's citing tight turns in Whitestone and College Point, however any Casey Stengal Route could probably see it, however all I heard is Q44 and maybe Q12.

All I heard was just Q44s only. According to a B/O I spoke with last night, they are only for the Q44.

All I heard was just Q44s only. According to a B/O I spoke with last night, they are only for the Q44.

Yes, but again, it's extra LFSA's that might show up on the Q12 according to posts that does not sound like rumors, still Q44 is the main line that's getting these 60 foot bad boys.

Yes, but again, it's extra LFSA's that might show up on the Q12 according to posts that does not sound like rumors, still Q44 is the main line that's getting these 60 foot bad boys.

In theory, one of the spare LFSA's could show up anywhere. Does your friend have any word on whether they'll be scheduled for the Q12?

In theory, one of the spare LFSA's could show up anywhere. Does your friend have any word on whether they'll be scheduled for the Q12?

According the the discussions, perhaps some rush hour runs on the Q12 bus route. Pretty much it is mainly due to ridership levels on the Q12 throughout. The Q20A/B faces some ridership drop when it leaves the Main Street Corridor between Jamaica and Flushing.

No point in arguing with him over his "people," he'll just keep regurtitating the same crap.

Easy there, "crap" is not "crap". The Q20A/B is throwen up as a possible route due to the interlining but, I heard differently. I heard the Q12 rather than the Q20A/B but, I am not disagreeing that the Q20A/B or any Casey Stengal Route might see the LFSA.

However, regulary speaking, the Q44 is the Main Route that will be using the LFSA's, and the Q12 is the second route that may see LFSA's on a regular basis. Did I say that the Q20A/B arguement is crap? No! So the Q12 arguement should not be crap as well.

Archived