Counting down to the R68/A on the B train and R40S status

Charleston

And from what I notice, the R68/As tend to be back to back at times, same with the Slants. Just Wednesday I saw about about three R40 Slant (:( trains in a row.

Very True! The Hippos come one behind the other. Last Tuesday morning when I arrived back into NY, 3 68's and 1 68A all in a row from Manhattan terminated in Brighton Beach.

Think the (MTA) or some other organization will hold a "Farewell to the Slants" fantrip?

They definitley should. They did it for the redbirds..

The R40 slant cars shouldn't be dumped, they should have their original scheme restored and run as museum trains on the (E) and (F). They should run on (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)(M)(N) and (Q) trains during the holidays.

R68A's are great on the (B) though.

Some are retired and their fate was left to the ocean :mad:

The R40 slant cars shouldn't be dumped, they should have their original scheme restored and run as museum trains on the (E) and (F). They should run on (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)(M)(N) and (Q) trains during the holidays.

R68A's are great on the (B) though.

Some are retired and their fate was left to the ocean :mad:

I think a whole R40 train of cars, R40M cars, and R32 cars should be preserved for those runs.

- Andy

I think a whole R40 train of cars, R40M cars, and R32 cars should be preserved for those runs.

- Andy

R32, R38, R40, R40M and R42 should be preserved to make museum trains, that would be fun, and restored to their original schemes too! Big letters.

R32, R38, R40, R40M and R42 should be preserved to make museum trains, that would be fun, and restored to their original schemes too! Big letters.

Yea, big letters. Clean em up & everything. Full restoration.

- Andy

if you wait the whole set of (:P going in one direction at any local stos, the sequence is like this R40, R40, R68,. it really sucks. but the weird part is i take the (:D a few times a week and i see a lot of R68 (B) but never rode one

Every day catching the (B), it's either an R40M, R68, or R68A. I just missed catching an R40 slant train. I don't want the R40 slant cars to go in the ocean, but we can't do much about it. :mad: I would like to have a protest of these subway car reefs!

Archived