Schedules

nycsubwayfan

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with something here.

I would like to know if there is any type of schedule published for NYC Subway trains that lists the specific I.D

and the like. When I take pictures and put them on PhotoBucket or any other photo website, I like to be able to identify the train, and most other transit websites DO ask for the I.D. I checked the TWU Local 100's website. I know that in many other cities they post the specific schedules for each train that runs (with I.D's and such). I was wondering if there was anything like this for NYC Subway trains, and if there is, where I could find it.

Thanks!

Also, I.D example (IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT): like Pelham 123. I'm pretty sure that they use the destination, and the time they left the origination point.

For those that doesn't know what he's talking about is the train's interval. For example, 1515 'Bravo' Brighton Beach to Bedford Park. When suppliments run, it may (and usually does) change the interval. The second site does an ok job with this, but published timetables do not take suppliment schedules into effect. Also if a train is running late or early, a railfan photographer may 'ID' the train wrong as well. Also, no TA employee (on here or otherwise) would dare give anyone the intervals of their trips.

For those that doesn't know what he's talking about is the train's interval. For example, 1515 'Bravo' Brighton Beach to Bedford Park. When suppliments run, it may (and usually does) change the interval. The second site does an ok job with this, but published timetables do not take suppliment schedules into effect. Also if a train is running late or early, a railfan photographer may 'ID' the train wrong as well. Also, no TA employee (on here or otherwise) would dare give anyone the intervals of their trips.

I don't think he's referring to supplement schedules or GO's.

ID information is used only on the radio. There's no marking on the train like a RunID on a bus. The RunID on a bus is for bus dispatchers to know if a bus is on time. Trains show up on a model board but not the ID. If the ID showed up, there wouldn't be the need for "call-in" signals. The control towers would know the identity of the train.

I don't think he's referring to supplement schedules or GO's.

I know he's not, but said supplements effectively "changes" the train's official ID, that's why I brought it up. What is seen on the official timetables available to the public is not always kosher. This is what he wants...

Picture of train in action... under it titled "The 9:38 B Brighton to 145". Well a supplement would change it to 9:37 B... that's why its relevant. Is it really minute and fussy, yes, but sometimes there's big changes and trains with totally new intervals. In the IRT (most of it anyway) and along the CBTC controlled L line, the model board (now a computer screen) actually shows the train's ID, and clicking on it actually can reveal the crew as well (instead of a phone call to local supervision). In the IND/BMT, yes the old system of a string of dots on a model board represents a circuit (which usually - but not always - is a train).

• 2 weeks later...

This is what he wants...

Picture of train in action... under it titled "The 9:38 B Brighton to 145".

That's exactly what I was looking for. I was more just wondering what time the train left the station I was at when I took the picture or when the train left the origination point. The second site listed at the top (Scott's Transit Playground) was perfect. Maybe I didn't quite state my original question correctly, sorry about that.

Archived