this is The Nostlagia Special run on 7 line

r40s 4501

Well I guess he is asking if the Train of Many Colors will run for the Mets opening game on thursday, since they are rumors going around it will run.

Say what? Damn, if that's the case I want to ride it even if I have to pay to take the 139 there. Probably still won't be able to though :(

Guest Lance

I think hes asking if thers a nostalgia special on the (7)

Well I guess he is asking if the Train of Many Colors will run for the Mets opening game on thursday, since they are rumors going around it will run.

Say what? Damn, if that's the case I want to ride it even if I have to pay to take the 139 there. Probably still won't be able to though :(

If that is what he meant, then the answer is no. 1) Why would they run the TOMC for opening day? You don't see the Low-Vs out for the Yankees home opener, do you? They bring those cars out when the Yanks are actually do something worthwhile, like make the damn playoffs. 2) Can those cars even run? Last I heard, there were some mechanical problems with the TOMC.

If that is what he meant, then the answer is no. 1) Why would they run the TOMC for opening day? You don't see the Low-Vs out for the Yankees home opener, do you? They bring those cars out when the Yanks are actually do something worthwhile, like make the damn playoffs. 2) Can those cars even run? Last I heard, there were some mechanical problems with the TOMC.

Isn't this the Mets 50th year tough?

And the time the Lo V and TOMC ran on the 4 and 7 was because those were the last year those stadiums were going to be used, so it was a very special occasion. Much as I'd love to see the TOMC run, they have problems as our experts/workers have stated. So people need to stop getting so hyped up over it.

Ok. As QSC says, yes there is a rumor about the TOMC making a come back for the Mets Opening. The one responsible for this, is the R36 Preservation group, which announced a few weeks ago, that they are working with the NYCTA to restore it and bring it into service. They have confirmed that it will run:

"R36 Preservation

9 hours ago (Today April 2)

Just on the phone with the MTA Press Office: The Nostlagia Special will be running on Mets Opening Day, Thursday!"

It says Nostalgia Special, but it is unknown if its the TOMC or Lo-V. However, someone did mentioned that they saw the TOMC all coupled up in 207 Yd.

Now to see if the MTA will confirm this themselves. When ever..

it would be the Smees, since the red birds are associated with that line in the eyes of the public.

R33/36WF cars weren't the only SMEEs that ran on that line if you back before 1963. R12/14/15s were the first SMEEs on the 7 and were dubbed the Queens Cars. Some R17s popped up on the 7 line before the arrival of the R33/36WFs cars arrived. After the arrival of those cars the Queens Cars were intermixed with all other cars on the mainline until their retirement in early 1980s.

They should have opened the season on the 1st. Who isn't working or going to school on a Thursday at 1 P.M.? If it goes through, I wouldn't be able to see it.

We'll for starters, there's people like me who are self emplyoed.

R33/36WF cars weren't the only SMEEs that ran on that line if you back before 1963. R12/14/15s were the first SMEEs on the 7 and were dubbed the Queens Cars. Some R17s popped up on the 7 line before the arrival of the R33/36WFs cars arrived. After the arrival of those cars the Queens Cars were intermixed with all other cars on the mainline until their retirement in early 1980s.

img_27205.jpg

If I asked you what kind of car that is, you'd say and R36WF.

img_12894.jpg

If I asked you what this is, you'd say an R15.

If I asked a normal person on the street what they were, you'd be more likely to get an answer of "Redbird"

Ok. As QSC says, yes there is a rumor about the TOMC making a come back for the Mets Opening. The one responsible for this, is the R36 Preservation group, which announced a few weeks ago, that they are working with the NYCTA to restore it and bring it into service. They have confirmed that it will run:

"R36 Preservation

9 hours ago (Today April 2)

Just on the phone with the MTA Press Office: The Nostlagia Special will be running on Mets Opening Day, Thursday!"

It says Nostalgia Special, but it is unknown if its the TOMC or Lo-V. However, someone did mentioned that they saw the TOMC all coupled up in 207 Yd.

Now to see if the MTA will confirm this themselves. When ever..

Which Thursday are you talking about? Which date?

Archived