MCI recalls affecting all models from year 2003, 2007-2012

r40s 4501

Awwwwww what's wong, you didn't take your pwecious nappie-boo????

DEAL WITH IT!!! A bus is not meant for sleeping, that's what your bed is for.

Oh yeah?? Funny that they have reclined seats... Meanwhile on the subway I don't see any place for eating but people have entire meals on the subway because they're in a hurry and the best part of it is they often times leave their crap on the subway. Part of paying $5.50 means that for the premium fare you get cushioned seats that recline so that can relax, overhead lights in case you want to use your laptop, or read and air vents. No, we're not entitled to it, BUT the idea is to market the service to a particular type of clientele, and don't think for a minute that the MTA is not marketing its services because it is. The routes themselves act as a way of marketing to draw people to the routes to use them. People keep talking about how it is public transit, which is true, but you have to get people to use the service, so your statement about express buses not being sleeping may be true, but express buses are most certainly made to give riders more comfort for the additional cost that they pay to use them and you can argue that sleeping on them is one of them since the idea is to have a more comfortable ride.

Hey, I had to say something, cuz it gets annoying after some time. I just hate it when people have to b!tch and whine to oblivion about friggin' buses. RTS' is "God", express buses "the only way to go", hard seats is a ripoff for $5.50, I woke up with a stiff neck cuz I didn't have a soft seat to take my precious nap on...seriously, do people have anything better to do than gripe about damn buses?

Well you talk about the Orions being the best, but now suddenly everyone is guilty but you?? LOL

Cool story bro

Oh yeah?? Funny that they have reclined seats... Meanwhile on the subway I don't see any place for eating but people have entire meals on the subway because they're in a hurry and the best part of it is they often times leave their crap on the subway. Part of paying $5.50 means that for the premium fare you get cushioned seats that recline so that can relax, overhead lights in case you want to use your laptop, or read and air vents. No, we're not entitled to it, BUT the idea is to market the service to a particular type of clientele, and don't think for a minute that the MTA is not marketing its services because it is. The routes themselves act as a way of marketing to draw people to the routes to use them. People keep talking about how it is public transit, which is true, but you have to get people to use the service, so your statement about express buses not being sleeping may be true, but express buses are most certainly made to give riders more comfort for the additional cost that they pay to use them and you can argue that sleeping on them is one of them since the idea is to have a more comfortable ride.

Well you talk about the Orions being the best, but now suddenly everyone is guilty but you?? LOL

16476431.jpg

If it that's much of a problem use Metro North.

EXACTLY! If this guy can't ride a bus because of "problems" that NO ONE ELSE cares about, then he can hop on the MNRR and enjoy a nice ride, probably on an M7. Oh, but then he'd have to walk up the hills of Riverdale to get home :(. Look VG8, if it happens that a transit bus ends up on "your" express, you either live with the damn transit bus or you take the MNRR and walk the hill. Simple as that.

Anyway, like I said before, I DOUBT that the (MTA) is gonna put transit buses on the expresses, so VG8 needs to chill out already.

Well, this thread took a turn for the worst.

EXACTLY! If this guy can't ride a bus because of "problems" that NO ONE ELSE cares about, then he can hop on the MNRR and enjoy a nice ride, probably on an M7. Oh, but then he'd have to walk up the hills of Riverdale to get home :(. Look VG8, if it happens that a transit bus ends up on "your" express, you either live with the damn transit bus or you take the MNRR and walk the hill. Simple as that.

Anyway, like I said before, I DOUBT that the (MTA) is gonna put transit buses on the expresses, so VG8 needs to chill out already.

Ok, I think I seriously had enough of your bitching towards VG8 and the MCIs and whatever illegitimate gripe you have against him, if you have a problem with him, you both best talk to each other like gentlemen. Otherwise, stop whining, bitching, moaning and crying about his habits and the way he is. You're like the annoying housewife for f*cks sake....chat box, shout box, now these threads, good god...

I mean VG8 & I had our differences and things smoothed out, but you are taking it to a whole new level of wtf-ism....

Awwwwww what's wong, you didn't take your pwecious nappie-boo????

DEAL WITH IT!!! A bus is not meant for sleeping, that's what your bed is for.

I'm gonna be honest, a nap on the express bus works when you are stuck in traffic, I've had a good nap or two while stuck on the Gowanus coming back from S.I. Plus with working outlets on the bus, you can't really go wrong. When the commute is long or just need a break, a nap wouldnt hurt on the express bus.

lol... I think actually if the folks read through some of MTA's meeting minutes and agenda topics, they would see how they talk about "marketing" their services, which includes express buses. They are indeed catering to a specific clientele, whether some folks on here realize it or not. Express buses are just like commuter trains... The only difference is that they are commuter buses rather than commuter trains, so the same level of comfort is given for that reason. See below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_bus_service

So if a suburban Nova with reclining seats were to show up on whatever BxM route you take heading to the city, you'd gripe about it?

Oh and by the way, Wikipedia is not a great credible source of info.

Ok, I think I seriously had enough of your bitching towards VG8 and the MCIs and whatever illegitimate gripe you have against him, if you have a problem with him, you both best talk to each other like gentlemen. Otherwise, stop whining, bitching, moaning and crying about his habits and the way he is. You're like the annoying housewife for f*cks sake....chat box, shout box, now these threads, good god...

I mean VG8 & I had our differences and things smoothed out, but you are taking it to a whole new level of wtf-ism....

Really sorry if I came across like that, I sometimes just can't stand what he has to say, I mean he complains about everything and tells us his stories that I don't need to hear. But, I suppose he does have freedom of speech just as I do, so I'll try to ignore his threads / posts from now on I guess.

If you take a nap on a bus cool, but theres no need to bitch and moan about it because a local bus shows up and you cant. I understand you pay 550 for an mci but things hapen that cant be controlled that causes a local bus to pop up on an express run. You have a bed at home for a reason, use it. If you can steal 30mins of sleep on the bus then all the power to you but dont come up in here throwing a fit because of the few times you wont be able to.

@Cait no this has nothing to do with being against vg8. Its him constantly bitching about pety things. I understand ppl are tired after work or whatever but just because you cant get a nap on a bus/subway doesnt mean you should come on here and cry about it.

When ppl sleep on my bus and miss there stop,guess what? Your ass is paying to get back.

So if a suburban Nova with reclining seats were to show up on whatever BxM route you take heading to the city, you'd gripe about it?

Oh and by the way, Wikipedia is not a great credible source of info.

Can't say since I haven't used one with that set up. Quite frankly the MCIs are horrible in terms of aisle room but since they're comfortable I think most folks overlook the narrow aisles. If the Prevosts have more comfortable seats and more leg room, I would probably prefer them over the MCIs in terms of feasibility because the aisles on those are better and they're easier to get off and on compared to the MCIs.

As for wikipedia, yeah I know, but I wasn't up for searching all over the place for info that is pretty common knowledge.

If you take a nap on a bus cool, but theres no need to bitch and moan about it because a local bus shows up and you cant. I understand you pay 550 for an mci but things hapen that cant be controlled that causes a local bus to pop up on an express run. You have a bed at home for a reason, use it. If you can steal 30mins of sleep on the bus then all the power to you but dont come up in here throwing a fit because of the few times you wont be able to.

@Cait no this has nothing to do with being against vg8. Its him constantly bitching about pety things. I understand ppl are tired after work or whatever but just because you cant get a nap on a bus/subway doesnt mean you should come on here and cry about it.

When ppl sleep on my bus and miss there stop,guess what? Your ass is paying to get back.

Nobody is crying. You're just reading what you want to as usual. Suit yourself.

Yeah I get that, but some folks are takin' it too far, ya'know?

In the bad snowstorms of last year, my favorite QM5 B/O used to say how terrible the MCI was when it came to dealing with ice, since it did not have a good stability system on it, and it is easy to get stuck on the ice. Any other B/O's feel the same way?

By the way, whenever he was driving over a snowy patch or whatever, a little dinging sound would play for that moment or two. Was that the ESC kicking in, or a different system?

Archived