More Problems....going From Bad To Worse......

SirJokaPlaya

NABI Buses are now being recalled.........Uh-Oh

"NORTH AMERICAN BUS INDUSTRIES (NABI) IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 AND 2012 416 TRANSIT BUSES MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 29, 2011, THROUGH FEBRUARY 19, 2012. THE VEHICLES HAVE A LOOSE CONNECTION IN THE JOINT BETWEEN THE STEERING PITMAN ARM AND THE STEERING DRAG LINK. THE JOINT MAY SEPARATE OVER TIME RESULTING IN LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL. A LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL COULD RESULT IN A CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY"

5210(I think) crapped out, right out of Lincoln Tunnel today during the PM rush hour...

5210 was made in either 08 or 09, so that bus isn't in this report. I think it's the 5950's - 6000's that I'm worried about. I already gave my friends back at Meadowlands and Greenville and their Union reps the heads up so they know what's going on.

NJT should not try to reinvent a bus and just get low-floors like everybody else. they could have had a reliable fleet of either New Flyers, NABIs or [gasp] Orions without all of the BS associated with the NABI 416s.

+1, for me I'd rather have ORIONS or New Flyer of course but LFS would be just fine. At least someone agrees that the NABIs are junk.

I agree that we shouldn't just have one maker for transits, yet I do not agree with low floor buses. The low floor buses I've been on, they lose seats and I think that doesn't work, especially if the bus is a 35'. (We have Gilligs here in PA........it sucks). Plus, isn't NJT still on NewFlyer, Orion, and all other bus makers' shit list after the scheme NJT was caught doing with NovaBus years ago?

I agree that we shouldn't just have one maker for transits, yet I do not agree with low floor buses. The low floor buses I've been on, they lose seats and I think that doesn't work, especially if the bus is a 35'. (We have Gilligs here in PA........it sucks). Plus, isn't NJT still on NewFlyer, Orion, and all other bus makers' shit list after the scheme NJT was caught doing with NovaBus years ago?

If that's the case, it'd explain why all the recent NJT orders have been awarded to the smaller companies (NABI and DesignLine).

We have two NABI Artics that are in the shop more then any other bus in our fleet (we have Gilligs). NJT is in a bad postition since they have many of those NABIs. I can only hope there isn't going to be a recall on artic buses not that it will really matter any way.

5210(I think) crapped out, right out of Lincoln Tunnel today during the PM rush hour...

Any person with a brain can clearly see these nabis are junk on wheels....we need some nova lfs

but the question is, does NJT really have a brain?

+1, for me I'd rather have ORIONS or New Flyer of course but LFS would be just fine. At least someone agrees that the NABIs are junk.

OK, I'm sold, NABI's are crap. They need some Millenium RTS out there...

Mo NABIs Mo Problems.

They should be like NY and have diff types of buses there instead of making theses NABIs the face of NjT

Exactly. Bring in some variety, they're already doing that with the commuter coaches by bringing in the Crapline... sorry, Designline CNGs. I'd love me some Orions, but anything but NABI, Gillig, or Designline would be fine with me.

I mean academy got some LFSs for college and they're seen on Nj streets running well and some nyct orions i seen in Nj low floors runs without any issues but njt mad stubborn in my opinion hell even first transit thats running for rutgers has gilligs running there and some new flyer low floor artics with no probs diff types of buses but no they want more and more nabis 5759 is falling apart alittle i would get like i said more different types of buses but thats just my opinion

Hmmm if you hear squeaking on a nabi is that a bad thing? Because some rides on 6000's i have made did that when it comes to others like 5900's none of that happen. I will admit though better to get the missing pieces for the recalled buses is than doing nothing than risking potential injuries and lawsuits.

Hmmm if you hear squeaking on a nabi is that a bad thing? Because some rides on 6000's i have made did that when it comes to others like 5900's none of that happen. I will admit though better to get the missing pieces for the recalled buses is than doing nothing than risking potential injuries and lawsuits.

And potential fatalities. If you can't steer the thing, I'll bet any money in the world that the bus will be more likely to flip.

I just dont understand at all. I rode a NABI on the 52 two days ago and it was running fine. Driver didnt't look like he was having any problems steering the bus.

What was the bus number?

I mean i love the Nabis we have here and all but some. has flaws only flaws i can really say it tends to break apart alil inside also a 58##s from medowlands broke down they hadto send 5304 to replace it at journal square but other then that they run well but njt should of gotten like a few nabis a few diff buses and again a few diff buses instead of just all being Nabis but thats just how i feel in my opinion

Archived