My plans for the Subway In Brooklyn, The Bronx and Queens!!!

Edgar

Hey Everyone!!!

My plans for consruction and extension include the following:

Extending the (2) line via Flatbush to Kings Plaza

Extending the (4) line via Utica to Kings Plaza

Extending the (L) line to Kings Plaza

Extending the (N) via Ave N to Kings Plaza [Note: The (R) replaces the (N) from Bay Pkwy to Stillwell Ave]

Creating a new (H) 21 St Line going via 21 St and Ditmars Blvd in Queens and via Coney Island Ave in Brooklyn [Note: Last Stop in Brooklyn is Nostrand Ave]

Creating a new (K) line going via Northern Blvd and Following the (H) via Coney Island Ave in Brooklyn [Note: Last Stop in Brooklyn is Sheepshed Bay in Express Service all times]

Extending the (3) from 145 St in Manhattan to Co-Op City in the Bronx via Webster Ave

Comment Me if you need to.

Hey Everyone!!!

Extending the (2) line via Flatbush to Kings Plaza

Extending the (4) line via Utica to Kings Plaza

Extending the (L) line to Kings Plaza

Extending the (N) via Ave N to Kings Plaza [Note: The (R) replaces the (N) from Bay Pkwy to Stillwell Ave]

Creating a new (H) 21 St Line going via 21 St and Ditmars Blvd in Queens and via Coney Island Ave in Brooklyn [Note: Last Stop in Brooklyn is Nostrand Ave]

Creating a new (K) line going via Northern Blvd and Following the (H) via Coney Island Ave in Brooklyn [Note: Last Stop in Brooklyn is Sheepshed Bay in Express Service all times]

Extending the (3) from 145 St in Manhattan to Co-Op City in the Bronx via Webster Ave

i don't see why som many trains going to Kings Plaza. and that will make other lines less populated. and they have enought trains to Coney I. and what will replace the (R). great plans if it could become reality.

Interesting extensions, interesting new routes.

Now, like one said, there is too much service to Kings Plaza. I say leave the (N) at Stillwell, the line is sort of long as it is. The (2) is long, but service should be going to Kings Plaza already, that is much needed, or the (5). The (L) would be perfect for a service extension to Kings Plaza. Possibly running down Flatlands Avenue, then Ralph Avenue (continuing as Mill Avenue down the road for abit), then Avenue U into Kings Plaza.

I'd say no to the (4) going to Kings Plaza. You can make Utica Avenue a light rail line.

exactly, how many routes do you need?

Subways have 8-10x the capacity of a bus, don't stop for traffic lights, and are better for people who "just want to get there".

- Andy

Interesting extensions, interesting new routes.

Now, like one said, there is too much service to Kings Plaza. I say leave the (N) at Stillwell, the line is sort of long as it is. The (2) is long, but service should be going to Kings Plaza already, that is much needed, or the (5). The (L) would be perfect for a service extension to Kings Plaza. Possibly running down Flatlands Avenue, then Ralph Avenue (continuing as Mill Avenue down the road for abit), then Avenue U into Kings Plaza.

I'd say no to the (4) going to Kings Plaza. You can make Utica Avenue a light rail line.

No need for the (2) to Kings Plaza. you got Q35 and B41. some people would rather just take the BUS then the subways which can have delays. the trip from triangle junction (subway (2) station) is just 10 min. on the B41 Limited and 8 min. on Q35. and the (MTA) won't even approve the plan since you got so much bus service.

The (L) should not run down to Kings Plaza because already of the overflowing ridership. then its gonna go to the limit and you got to buy better rolling stock for it. but it would happen if (L) stations were originally built as 10-car 60 ft.

NOTE: (T)(H)(E)(MTA) JUST WANT MONEY SO IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN

After reading your proposals, especially some of your Brooklyn extensions, I suggest you read up on the IND "Second System" and some other proposals put out over the years. The Utica Av(A),(C) station was built with an upper level to provide service to southern Brooklyn, ie. Kings Plaza and or Sheepshead Bay. The IRT Utica Av (3),(4) station was built with bellmouths for service to the same area. The Flatbush Av (2),(5) station was also built with extension in mind. In the mid '60's there was a proposal to extend the (L) via the LIRR Bay Ridge line for Cross Brooklyn service. There were also proposals to extend the BMT Astoria line to LGA. If IIRC there was a proposal to extend the IND Concourse line to Dyre Av and Co-op City. Every plan was scaled back or forgotten because of financial considerations. I like some of your ideas but it's taken generations to put a few blocks of unconnected tunnels under Second Av so....... Let's not get our hopes up too high just yet.

After reading your proposals, especially some of your Brooklyn extensions, I suggest you read up on the IND "Second System" and some other proposals put out over the years. The Utica Av(A),(C) station was built with an upper level to provide service to southern Brooklyn, ie. Kings Plaza and or Sheepshead Bay. The IRT Utica Av (3),(4) station was built with bellmouths for service to the same area. The Flatbush Av (2),(5) station was also built with extension in mind. In the mid '60's there was a proposal to extend the (L) via the LIRR Bay Ridge line for Cross Brooklyn service. There were also proposals to extend the BMT Astoria line to LGA. If IIRC there was a proposal to extend the IND Concourse line to Dyre Av and Co-op City. Every plan was scaled back or forgotten because of financial considerations. I like some of your ideas but it's taken generations to put a few blocks of unconnected tunnels under Second Av so....... Let's not get our hopes up too high just yet.

yeah yeah yeah like we care.

Co-op city needs subway service.

- Andy

The Co-Op City community board has a lot of clout in the Bronx, more than you'd think, and they've made it abundantly clear that they don't want subway service there. They consistently oppose any bus service increase in their neighborhood, as well.

If any train were to serve Co-Op, it would be best to just extend the (6) to Bay Plaza, rather than build a whole new Webster Avenue extension.

The Co-Op City community board has a lot of clout in the Bronx, more than you'd think, and they've made it abundantly clear that they don't want subway service there. They consistently oppose any bus service increase in their neighborhood, as well.

If any train were to serve Co-Op, it would be best to just extend the (6) to Bay Plaza, rather than build a whole new Webster Avenue extension.

I don't know why. They just don't want anymore undesirables in there, and that the subway and extra buses will bring..... They are cleaning up that place anyhow.......

I don't know why. They just don't want anymore undesirables in there, and that the subway and extra buses will bring..... They are cleaning up that place anyhow.......

If the undesirables want to go there, they're going to go. The lack of public transit at a certain hour, or the form of it, isn't going to deter them.

"Um, I'd really like to break in to that building, and shoot that old lady in the face, if only the Bx26 ran late on Saturdays...." :P

Hey Everyone!!!

running the (H) from 21st & ditmars to Coney Island is a rly long ride. plus, there are a bunch of ways to get to those locations

Take the (R) to Northern blvd and take a bus instead of (K)

That would leave no reason for the Bx41 to run. :eek:

Turd Ave, and Welfare Ave, needs a subway. The Bx55, Bx15, and Bx41 just ain't cutting it. The Bx55 and Bx15 gets delayed by 149st traffic too often (also 125st does it to the Bx15), and the Bx41 usually catches this at the Cross Bronx and along Gun Hill Rd. The Bx55 would be cut, but the Bx41 would remain, and be just like the Bx4. Those who can't climb steps, would use the bus service. Question becomes, would it justify continuing using artics???????

If the undesirables want to go there, they're going to go. The lack of public transit at a certain hour, or the form of it, isn't going to deter them.

"Um, I'd really like to break in to that building, and shoot that old lady in the face, if only the Bx26 ran late on Saturdays...." :P

You give them too little credit. You'd be pissed too if someone stole any of your mountains of caviar. :(

Turd Ave, and Welfare Ave, needs a subway. The Bx55, Bx15, and Bx41 just ain't cutting it. The Bx55 and Bx15 gets delayed by 149st traffic too often (also 125st does it to the Bx15), and the Bx41 usually catches this at the Cross Bronx and along Gun Hill Rd. The Bx55 would be cut, but the Bx41 would remain, and be just like the Bx4. Those who can't climb steps, would use the bus service. Question becomes, would it justify continuing using artics???????
I'm sure MTA would operate low floor buses to the 41 if this idea comes into play.

Interesting!!!

My plans would include

extending the (2)(5) to Kings Plaza

extending the (F) to Queens Village-Springfield Blvd via Hillside Av

extending the (E) to St Albans-Linden Blvd via Farmers Blvd

extending the (J)(Z) to Hollis-196 Street via Archer & Jamaica Aves

extending the (N)(W) to Utopia Parkway-Fresh Meadows via Ditmars Blvd/Astoria Blvd/114st & LIE

extending the (C) to Lefferts Blvd & Bringing back the (H) as the Rockaway Shuttle with an extension to Euclid Ave during the Summer

extension of the (:rolleyes:(D) to Gun Hill Rd (2)(5) station in the Bronx

Also the Installation of CBTC & High Density Signal System on the Queens Blvd & Lexington Ave Lines

A Division aka IRT Lines

(2) will make express stops via 7th Avenue 24/7....limited rush hours to Crown Heights-Utica Avenue

(4) will makes express stops via Lexington Avenue and Eastern Parkway 24/7...during AM and PM rush hours express via Jerome Avenue

(S) will make replace the (3) from Atlantic Avenue to New Lots Avenue during late night service

(5) will continue to have express service from 3rd Avenue-149th Street to East 180th Street til 10pm

(5) will continue to make express stops from East 180th Street to Gun Hill Road via White Plains Road then all local stops to Nereid Avenue-238th Street during limited peak hours and announcement will return as the original by Melissa Kliener

<6> will continue to have express service from 3rd Avenue-138th Street to Parkchester-E. 177th Street til 10pm

(7) will continue to have express service from Queensboro Plaza to Willets Point-Shea Stadium til 11:30pm...also they will have R-142A and R-142S subway cars

(S) 42nd Street Shuttle will have 24 hour service

B Division aka IND and BMT Lines:

(A) will make express stops via Central Park West, 8th Avenue and Fulton Street 24/7. Also extended to Riverdale...also have R-110B subway cars

(C) will be replaced by (K) trains during late nights. Also will have R-110B subway cars

(:rolleyes: will continue to have express service via Brighton til 11:30pm...also Concourse Local will have service til 8pm

(D) will have express service via 4th Avenue 24/7 and via West End during AM and PM rush hours...also Concourse Express will have service til 8:30pm

(E) will extend to Kings Highway via Culver Local during AM and PM rush hours

(F) will have express service in Brooklyn to Kings Highway and then all local stops and express service via Hillside Avenue....also extended to Springfield Blvd and Hillside Avenue via Express during AM and PM rush hours

(G) will be extended to Church Avenue and have 8 cars instead of 4 cars

(K) will run express via Fulton Street, 8th Avenue and Central Park West Local to 168th Street-Washington Heights....also extended to Lefferts Boulevard full time late night will replace (C) trains

(J) will have R-160A subway cars...also extend it to 168th Street and Archer Avenue

(M) will have service to Bay Parkway til 11pm.....non-rush hours extended to 9th Avenue

(N) will have express service weekends via Broadway

(Q) will be extened to Fordham Plaza AM and PM rush hours via 2nd Avenue Express (Manhattan) and 3rd Avenue Express (The Bronx), mid-days and late nights terminate @ 57th Street-7th Avenue...also will have R-160B subway cars

(R) Bay Ridge Shuttle will extend to Pacific Street via 4th Avenue Local

(S) Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Shuttle will have 8 cars all year round

(T) will be extended to Fordham Plaza full time via 2nd Avenue Local (Manhattan) and 3rd Avenue (The Bronx)....also have R-160B subway cars

(V) and (W) will have extended service will 11:30pm

(V) will extend to Springfield Blvd and Hillside Avenue via Local during AM and PM peak hours

(W) will resume express service via Astoria during AM and PM rush hours

(Z) will have extended skip-stops during AM peak hours 5:30am-11:30am and PM hours from 4pm-8pm to 168th Street and Archer Avenue

A Division aka IRT Lines

(2) will make express stops via 7th Avenue 24/7....limited rush hours to Crown Heights-Utica Avenue

(4) will makes express stops via Lexington Avenue and Eastern Parkway 24/7...during AM and PM rush hours express via Jerome Avenue

(S) will make replace the (3) from Atlantic Avenue to New Lots Avenue during late night service

(5) will continue to have express service from 3rd Avenue-149th Street to East 180th Street til 10pm

(5) will continue to make express stops from East 180th Street to Gun Hill Road via White Plains Road then all local stops to Nereid Avenue-238th Street during limited peak hours and announcement will return as the original by Melissa Kliener

<6> will continue to have express service from 3rd Avenue-138th Street to Parkchester-E. 177th Street til 10pm

(7) will continue to have express service from Queensboro Plaza to Willets Point-Shea Stadium til 11:30pm...also they will have R-142A and R-142S subway cars

(S) 42nd Street Shuttle will have 24 hour service

B Division aka IND and BMT Lines:

(A) will make express stops via Central Park West, 8th Avenue and Fulton Street 24/7. Also extended to Riverdale...also have R-110B subway cars

(C) will be replaced by (K) trains during late nights. Also will have R-110B subway cars

(:rolleyes: will continue to have express service via Brighton til 11:30pm...also Concourse Local will have service til 8pm

(D) will have express service via 4th Avenue 24/7 and via West End during AM and PM rush hours...also Concourse Express will have service til 8:30pm

(E) will extend to Kings Highway via Culver Local during AM and PM rush hours

(F) will have express service in Brooklyn to Kings Highway and then all local stops and express service via Hillside Avenue....also extended to Springfield Blvd and Hillside Avenue via Express during AM and PM rush hours

(G) will be extended to Church Avenue and have 8 cars instead of 4 cars

(K) will run express via Fulton Street, 8th Avenue and Central Park West Local to 168th Street-Washington Heights....also extended to Lefferts Boulevard full time late night will replace (C) trains

(J) will have R-160A subway cars...also extend it to 168th Street and Archer Avenue

(M) will have service to Bay Parkway til 11pm.....non-rush hours extended to 9th Avenue

(N) will have express service weekends via Broadway

(Q) will be extened to Fordham Plaza AM and PM rush hours via 2nd Avenue Express (Manhattan) and 3rd Avenue Express (The Bronx), mid-days and late nights terminate @ 57th Street-7th Avenue...also will have R-160B subway cars

(R) Bay Ridge Shuttle will extend to Pacific Street via 4th Avenue Local

(S) Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Shuttle will have 8 cars all year round

(T) will be extended to Fordham Plaza full time via 2nd Avenue Local (Manhattan) and 3rd Avenue (The Bronx)....also have R-160B subway cars

(V) and (W) will have extended service will 11:30pm

(V) will extend to Springfield Blvd and Hillside Avenue via Local during AM and PM peak hours

(W) will resume express service via Astoria during AM and PM rush hours

(Z) will have extended skip-stops during AM peak hours 5:30am-11:30am and PM hours from 4pm-8pm to 168th Street and Archer Avenue

lol

I have some comments here:

(2) is good to and from New Lots because you already have some <4><5> trains terminating at Utica Avenue. If The (2)<4><5> terminate, then there's traffic congestion at Franklin Avenue.

During late nights, the Lexington Avenue line is busy and people would prefer to access the (4) via Local Stations, so that when going to Brooklyn, or the Bronx via the Jerome Avenue Line, then no need to transfer.

<5><6> Express in the Bronx, that's coming from Manhattan right?

There's always the (7), no need to make (S) at 42nd Street run all day long, unless (7) can't run during construction. If the (7)<7> use the R142A cars, then they should have the FIND system.

R-110B cars were only prototype cars and were not meant for long term service. Those cars were meant to test for service with R143 and R160A/B cars.

(M)(V)(W)(Z) I agree 100%

What's the point of the (W) being express in Queens when it runs local in Manhattan, the (N) should be express in Astoria peak direction since it is Broadway Express.

That's all I have to say for now.

If the (7)<7> use the R142A cars, then they should have the FIND system.

What's the point of the (W) being express in Queens when it runs local in Manhattan, the (N) should be express in Astoria peak direction since it is Broadway Express.

With the (7)<7> I agree 100%.

With the (N)(W)... I think the (MTA) tried out express service in Queens when the (W) was introduced, but it didn't work out because of customer complaints. That's what I heard,

Archived