Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q21: Rush Hour Service to Far Rockaway- Mott Avenue Station

Q54 and Q56: Terminate at the 165th Terminal. Trips to Jamaica and 170th eliminated

The Q54 and Q56 cant terminate at 165st because it will make the terminal crowded so ill be better if it was left where it was

They should make Far Rockaway depot an all express garage put all the spring creek bus lines and make it one Depot.

Use the Spring Creek Building as a training facilitie like Zerega in the bronx.

No leave it like it is because for the B100 and B103 and BM1-5 it is a long distance from Far Rockaway Depot

Edited by College Pt Man

The Q54 and Q56 cant terminate at 165st because it will make the terminal crowded so ill be better if it was left where it was

yes, that....

....and even I was somewhat amazed at how many ppl. use the WB Q54/56 over there.....

For either reason, I concur.... may as well leave both those routes over at 170th....

Im on the Q53, all have to say is either they put more buses out or put artics on that line.

May not be necessary now that they're coming out w/ this Q52..... Before the fact, yes, I would agree.....

They should make Far Rockaway depot an all express garage put all the spring creek bus lines and make it one Depot.

Use the Spring Creek Building as a training facilitie like Zerega in the bronx.

Uh, what? First of all it's not that simple. And what about buses in Brooklyn like the B100,103, BM1-5? Are you expecting these bus routes to add extra miles to deadhead to Far Rockaway just because that's where all the buses should go? And that'd be way too many buses for one depot to handle.

Like someone else said, leave it as is.

Edited by Grand Concourse

My attempt to do a bit of an overhaul for Queens.

Mostly new routes, and I restructured Springfield Bl service.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Aw6gHmJrjU2Vp4kT_UY6mMPUDY8ec51zPB12Cyvca2g/edit

Q14: Jamaica, 165 Street Bus Terminal

Fort Totten

Via 188 Street, Utopia Parkway

Q26: Current route re-designated Q107.

Q26 A/B:

Broadway Junction (A) OR Ridgewood Terminal (B)

Green Acres Mall. A buses go via JFK Airport.

Via Conduit Avenue/Boulevard.

Q27: Flushing, Main Street

Rosedale, Francis Lewis Boulevard

(LTD)

Q42: Ridgewood Terminal

LGA, Main Terminal

Via Cooper Avenue

Q57: Flushing, Main Street

Green Acres Mall

(LTD to Queens CC, then SBS.)

Q68: Jamaica, Merrick Road OR Cross Bay Boulevard/Liberty Avenue

Broadway Junction, East NY Avenue

Via Liberty Avenue

(NEW, LTD)

Q99: Williamsburg Bridge Plaza

Astoria, 18 Street

Q109: Flushing, Main Street

College Point Loop

Via College Point Blvd, 14 Avenue, and Parsons Blvd.

The Q25, & Q65 College Point legs get reduced serivce. The Q20B is eliminated.

Well 130 street would have local service to Jamaica and Limited-Stop Service to Kew. Gardens. If anything to maintain any connections maybe Q9 can go to LIRR AIRTRAIN via Rockaway Blvd and Lefferts to the station, then maybe if there is demand to go to the Airport, meaning Q10 service (Local ALL)go via 130 Street. The Q10 would only have only one branch instead of two. Shoturns is over, and Pan Am Trips either turn into Q9 trips or rerouted to 130 street and stay a Q10 Local. Q10 Limiteds would be unchanged or be more frequent.

There is something called the airport shuttles.....gotta learn to use them. That is what makes all sorts of varying connections possible!

Also, the reason there is a Q10 branch to 150th-130th (which is local already) is to serve the more suburban-ish areas. Again, what you fail to realize is that there is the Q37 nearby!

As for the Q9....the Q10 150th-130th branch is two blocks from the Q9 so that's pretty moot right there. We already have the Q6 going to the Cargo Area which connects to the PANYNJ Shuttles that makes all major connections in the airport.

Edited by Cait Sith

https://docs.google....B12Cyvca2g/edit

Fort Totten

This route would have no service. The Q17 is on 188st and the reason why the Q31 is not running on weekends was because the service on Utopia was low

Why?? Whats wrong with it's current name?

Q26 A/B:

Dream on buddy, just dream on ;)

(LTD)

Could work, they were trying to do that before.

LGA, Main Terminal

Via Cooper Avenue

So you are going to leave current Q42 riders stranded :o

Green Acres Mall

??? Dream On???

Via Liberty Avenue

(NEW, LTD)

You know even with Limited that's going to be at least 2 hours.

Astoria, 18 Street

I don't know about this one but people can take the G train or B62 and transfer to the Q102 or Q103

College Point Loop

No ridership. Doesn't even connect to the 7 train to even make it questionable to propose.

I always thought the Q20B should either just get eliminated or serve Queens College in place for the eliminated Q74 service.

What is up with all these route going all around the world. Replies in purple.

What is up with all these route going all around the world. Replies in purple.

College Pt keep in mind threxx is a 12 year old kid in middle(Jr. High)school. So i assume the mastermind in threxx lol is creating these ideas from a map. Seriously some of his local Brooklyn routes(where he lives is) is much more realstic to create than Queens.

Fort Totten

Q26 A/B:

(LTD)

LGA, Main Terminal

Via Cooper Avenue

Green Acres Mall

Via Liberty Avenue

(NEW, LTD)

Astoria, 18 Street

College Point Loop

We know you don't take criticism all too well (despite your repeated apologies), but I'll still chime in on this..... More for those that wanna get a general glimpse of how bus usage is currently in the areas these ideas are being suggested to serve, more than anything......

"Q14": This resembles an altered Q31... I don't care much for the current Q31 terminal on Francis Lewis either, but the reason it doesn't run straight on Utopia pkwy partly (hell, I'd stop to say mainly) because Bayside H.S. is on corporal kennedy & 32nd av (which is exactly why I would end Q31's alongside the park on 32nd av)...... You have a route run along as much of utopia pkwy as you're conveying & you will watch it carry air.... College pt. man is spot on with that..... All you have to do is note the usage of the current Q16 up there & that would solidify that point perfectly......

"Q26a/b": Virtually no one's gonna ride clear across Queens (or from other neighboring areas around Ridgewood or B'way Junction) on a local bus to get to Green Acres.... This is much worse than the infamous idea of extending the Q7 over there..... Checkmate can argue coverage all he likes (regarding the Q7 along the conduits), but this is why I say every noticable gap that exists don't need to have a bus route running along it....

"Q27": The full route is long enough as it is..... So I don't agree with any further extension of that route; not to Merrick Blvd (which the MTA flirted with back in '08/'09), not to Rosedale (as you are suggesting) , and not to Green acres (as a few people have suggested in the past)....

Q42: Way to screw Addesleigh Park residents.....

Unless you chose that number because you didn't think a Q42 already existed.....

"Q57": From Flushing to Green acres? Too indirect, no matter what routing you'd draw up for it..... What need is there to connect the two areas with one bus route anyway; and spare me the recycled "some riders might benefit from it, you never know" type of response either.....

"Q68": That would fail for the same reason the old Q89 did - It is all about getting to the heart of Jamaica, Queens, in SE Queens....

Having a route run across Liberty is far too redundant to the (A), the Q112 & the Q83.... If the B12 got cut off serving Liberty av on the Brooklyn side, what good would it do to have some ridiculously long ass route coming all the way from Merrick road (which is in Nassau county) to Broadway junction - When very few people rode the B12 along that same part of Liberty long before they decided to truncate that route? It's the same general reason why I don't agree with extending the Q112 (as shortline suggests) over to Broadway junction either.....

"Q99": Could work, but would depend on how it's routed....

"Q109"/Q25/Q65/Q20b: What you're suggesting here would exacerbate matters, simply for the sake of keeping bus service on 14th av..... Get rid of the Q20b & dedicate that service to the 20a and be done with it.....

Furthermore, there isn't anymore terminal space within the heart of Flushing as it is.... yet you want to reduce service on the Q25 & Q65 north of Flushing to justify the running of some loop???

What he said didn't make sense. A loop in college Pt. Thats just a waste of time and money, the Q20A/B and Q25 and Q65 already serve all of college pt. Reduce service after flushing are you kidding me. The Q25 and Q65 get crowed after flushing so reducing service will only make it worst. If you never seen service on a route don't talk about it especially if you don't ride the route daily.

We know you don't take criticism all too well (despite your repeated apologies), but I'll still chime in on this..... More for those that wanna get a general glimpse of how bus usage is currently in the areas these ideas are being suggested to serve, more than anything......

I do. And who's we?

"Q14": This resembles an altered Q31... I don't care much for the current Q31 terminal on Francis Lewis either, but the reason it doesn't run straight on Utopia pkwy partly (hell, I'd stop to say mainly) because Bayside H.S. is on corporal kennedy & 32nd av (which is exactly why I would end Q31's alongside the park on 32nd av)...... You have a route run along as much of utopia pkwy as you're conveying & you will watch it carry air.... College pt. man is spot on with that..... All you have to do is note the usage of the current Q16 up there & that would solidify that point perfectly.....

Borderline fantasy.

"Q26a/b": Virtually no one's gonna ride clear across Queens (or from other neighboring areas around Ridgewood or B'way Junction) on a local bus to get to Green Acres.... This is much worse than the infamous idea of extending the Q7 over there..... Checkmate can argue coverage all he likes (regarding the Q7 along the conduits), but this is why I say every noticable gap that exists don't need to have a bus route running along it....

LTD service on this route.

"Q27": The full route is long enough as it is..... So I don't agree with any further extension of that route; not to Merrick Blvd (which the MTA flirted with back in '08/'09), not to Rosedale (as you are suggesting) , and not to Green acres (as a few people have suggested in the past)....

See Q57.

Q42: Way to screw Addesleigh Park residents.....

Unless you chose that number because you didn't think a Q42 already existed.....

I forgot about current Q42. I'll redesignate it as something.

"Q57": From Flushing to Green acres? Too indirect, no matter what routing you'd draw up for it..... What need is there to connect the two areas with one bus route anyway; and spare me the recycled "some riders might benefit from it, you never know" type of response either.....

The Q57's main purpose is to help the overcrowded Q27. I don't expect people to ride so far. Same criticism with my B50 in the Brooklyn thread. The Q27 extention is to supplement Rosedale service.

"Q68": That would fail for the same reason the old Q89 did - It is all about getting to the heart of Jamaica, Queens, in SE Queens....

Having a route run across Liberty is far too redundant to the (A), the Q112 & the Q83.... If the B12 got cut off serving Liberty av on the Brooklyn side, what good would it do to have some ridiculously long ass route coming all the way from Merrick road (which is in Nassau county) to Broadway junction - When very few people rode the B12 along that same part of Liberty long before they decided to truncate that route? It's the same general reason why I don't agree with extending the Q112 (as shortline suggests) over to Broadway junction either.....

"Q99": Could work, but would depend on how it's routed...

Basically via 51 & Maurice Avenues.

"Q109"/Q25/Q65/Q20b: What you're suggesting here would exacerbate matters, simply for the sake of keeping bus service on 14th av..... Get rid of the Q20b & dedicate that service to the 20a and be done with it.....

Kinda fantasy. I don't see the need for so many routes up there.

Furthermore, there isn't anymore terminal space within the heart of Flushing as it is.... yet you want to reduce service on the Q25 & Q65 north of Flushing to justify the running of some loop??

How do you justify artics on the Q44 then?

Replies in red.

Replies in red.

- I do. And who's we?

For starters, think back to who you apologized to, of those of us that have expressed how irrational some of your ideas are....

Let's not sit here & play dumb...

- LTD service on this route.

Having a route run LTD is not justification alone to have some long drawn out route run between two points.....

- I don't expect people to ride so far.....

....The Q27 extention is to supplement Rosedale service.

If that's your only reasoning, then it shouldn't travel down there at all...

Either way, it's wasted mileage...

- I don't see the need for so many routes up there.

Yeah, you don't.... However, the actual residents up there do... These are the people that utilize the Q20a, Q25, and Q65 up there in College Point on a daily, consistent basis.... And in quite the numbers at that, so if it aint broke, don't fix it.....

- How do you justify artics on the Q44 then?

What does this have to do with the tea in china....

I'm talkin about lack of terminal space in Flushing, and you're telling me about artics on the Q44..... What is wrong with you....

Edited by B35 via Church

Oh, I meant Merrick Blvd for the Q68, not Merrick Road.

- I do. And who's we?

For starters, think back to who you apologized to, of those of us that have expressed how irrational some of your ideas are....

Let's not sit here & play dumb...

- LTD service on this route.

Having a route run LTD is not justification alone to have some long drawn out route run between two points.....

- I don't expect people to ride so far.....

....The Q27 extention is to supplement Rosedale service.

If that's your only reasoning, then it shouldn't travel down there at all...

Either way, it's wasted mileage...

- I don't see the need for so many routes up there.

Yeah, you don't.... However, the actual residents up there do... These are the people that utilize the Q20a, Q25, and Q65 up there in College Point on a daily, consistent basis.... And in quite the numbers at that, so if it aint broke, don't fix it.....

- How do you justify artics on the Q44 then?

What does this have to do with the tea in china....

I'm talkin about lack of terminal space in Flushing, and you're telling me about artics on the Q44..... What is wrong with you....

If there is so little space, terminal or not, in Flushing, then how can artics get through there? That's the point.

The loop is borderline fantasy anyway. And if you're talking about the incident in the Brooklyn thread, remember the source of that...

Edited by ThrexxBus

If there is so little space, terminal or not, in Flushing, then how can artics get through there? That's the point.

The loop is borderline fantasy anyway. And if you're talking about the incident in the Brooklyn thread, remember the source of that...

- Don't start bringing up a strawman argument to dance around a point you can't rebut....

The buses driving along the streets that they do in Flushing, and where the buses are actually park on layover are two different issues..... Never said squat about the former.... I specifically mentioned the latter (i.e. Terminal Space)......

What is it about that don't you get ?

- I love how you diminish your ideas as just fantasy when someone makes a critique you have no answer for.....

- Whatever "incident" you're referring to right now, I don't know off top, nor do I care enough to go back in that thread to bother checking out.....

Edited by B35 via Church

- Whatever "incident" you're referring to right now, I don't know off top, nor do I care enough to go back in that thread to bother checking out.....

Don't bother.

I'm not a Queens person, but I have real confidence in the Q99.

I'm only touching routes I know

Q1: Retain

Q3: Some increased headways rush-hours

Q4: Nothing much we can do

Q5: Some Green Acers Limited-Stop Service

Q6: Retain

Q7: Extend Some trips to Van Wyck and Conduit or Guy.R Brewer and Baisley Blvd. Q7 then can be based more out of Baisley

Q8: Retain

Q11: Add extra service dear lord. I hate being flagged by 4-5 buses at the 66th Avenue Stop towards QCM

Q12: Retain

q13: Retain

Q14: Renamed from Q15A

Q15A: Renamed Q14

Q16: I honestly think the Utopia Avenue Branch should be called something else

Q17: Retain

Q18: Send several buses to Glendale during rush hours, since buses can easily flag me at the Queens Blvd bus stop. These buses would operate regular route until Woodside/65 PL, then Woodside Avenue, and Q47 route to Glendale

Q20: Add extra flushing trips from Jamaica at 8:07 AM and 5:55 PM to relieve overcrowding from other buses rush hours

Q21: Last Stop should be on the mainland honestly. When I fanned on Jan 8, I was the only one on the bus, and it was the8:30 Bus

Q23: Some buses can go either express to 71 Avenue from LIE during rush hours or some can run limited stop service along 108 Street

Q29/Q49: Merged with and connected by Roosevelt Avenue. Bus would operate Q49 route, Roosevelt Avenue to 82 street, than Q29 route at 82 street, and vice-virsa. The route will be called Q49.

Q38: Eliminated. Unless CP maintains this bus better. Today 5

Edited by Q23 Central Term

This is what I would do. (Q1-Q29)

Q1-Q6 unchanged

Q7- Extend it into the airport

Q8 unchanged

Q9 Possibly extend it to the q37 terminal

Q10-Q18 unchanged

Q19 have some service go to LGA airport via 94st and sending it down to flushing by the Q48 route (q48 eliminate)

Q20A unchanged

Q20B have it operate via Queens college (old q74 route) and keep it going to Jamaica on main st and college PT

Q22-Q24 unchanged

Q25 have running every 3-5 minutes while LTD is 10 mins

Q26 eliminate Q27 is nearby.

Q28- last stop at Roosevelt Ave

Q29 extend to 74st station

Do you think its a idea to extend the Q29 0n broadway instead of Roosevelt

Don't bother.

I'm not a Queens person, but I have real confidence in the Q99.

Before you go telling your ideas study the MTA maps and see what is possible and what isn't. Look on youtube for videos on the MTA buses and you'll see how they are utilized.

Fort Totten

(LTD)

Green Acres Mall

College Point Loop

Q14 : There is no such demand for such a route in Jamaica, plain & simple.

Q27 : The LIMITED is long enough as it is, the local is even a bigger pain. Making the route longer just causes more problems.

Q57 : Very indirect and pointless. There is no demand for folks going to Green Acres from Flushing at all. Plus it's going to be way too long.

Q68 : Pretty redundant to the already running Q41 and Q112....

Q109 : Have you ever been to College Point? If so, you'd know that you can't really loop around College Point....

Now for my main issue with your ideas, the Q25/Q65. I can tell by these ideas that you've never checked out the areas in question or the routes in question. The Q25 & Q65 are two of the most busiest routes in Flushing and buses going to College Point are PACKED! Reducing service on both those routes = even worse service for them. You'd have those folks coming at you with pitchforks and torches....

Like I said in the Manhattan Bus Thread, folks gotta stop looking at maps and check out the areas as a whole.

The Q44 has it easier than the other routes since it just goes through Main Street, so artics wouldn't be much of an issue going through Flushing....plus he was talking about terminal space, as in where buses end and start in Flushing.

Throwing this out there to see if it gets a pop: Extend the Q19 to 125-Park Ave? Not all runs have to 125th - Park ave but sending some could help the M60 crossing the Triboro.

From 31st & Astoria cross Triboro and stops the M35 stops on 126th and 124th St. Last stop & layover would be near side 126th St & Park Ave. First stop would be at the M98 Stop on Park Ave - 125th St. Stops on Lexington ave at 124th & 126th could be establish as needed.